LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI ???

The B4

What is this? Legacy STI?

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1429

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee93f16/cmd.233/embedded..ee93f1f

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee93f16/cmd.233/embedded..ee93f22

These images were taken in Death Valley. The Legacy has got a huge STI-like hood scoop, so that tells me there's something really interesting under the hood—and as you know, hood scoops on recent Subarus mean turbos...

Okay, as to rumors: There's been a pretty persistent rumor that the '08 Tribeca will get a 3.6L H6, but there's been no word of a turbo. Maybe the Legacy will also get the 3.6 too, and perhaps with turbo? There have also been some long-standing rumors of a twin-turbo (3.0 H-6?) but no word as to which vehicle might get it, should they decide to produce it. Interesting that the tires don't appear to be any different from current models, at least in terms of size; and I couldn't see any exhaust tips coming out the rear, although there are cutouts in the rear bumper for them.

The US-spec '08 Legacy and Outback reportedly will look like the '07 JDM models, which have been on sale since late May. I would not be surprised one bit if there are some surprises under the hood as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the looks of it, they're really trying to hide what they have. I'm going to say that the exhaust is non-existant in "cans" form meaning they have pipes going back there but no mufflers. The hood looks like a hack job with the WRX STI from the '05's put there. Chances are they are trying to figure out how much air flow is going to be needed for the... *cough* next Legacy turbo.

Well that is the H6 front bumper, but its possible all USDM LGT's will get that bumper. Tho i like the Spec B bumper the best, looks like the new Audi bumpers that havent released yet.

Turbo H6!? Would be sweet!

The bumper also resembles the new 9-5 front.

I would highly doubt a turbo H6 setup, factory, for at least another year or more (personally I think more).

--Joey

Where's the exhaust?

Where's the sunroof? This test Mule obviosly did not start off life as a GT, otherwise it would be a GT limited which only comes with a sunroof and leather.

I think it's just a bastardized 2.5i with a hood scoop ment only to garner attention, with out *actually* garnering attention. I think it's just a tease...and was actually being tested for an over seas market. We here in the states will just get another trim level for the 2.5i. "Now with COOL new fake STI hoodscoop to make it look like you care about performance, with out actually having any!!! Alteza tail lights sold seperately."

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

"Now with COOL new fake STI hoodscoop to make it look like you care about performance, with out actually having any!!! Alteza tail lights sold seperately."

:lol: If this was their goal, they could have went with the drama of adding the WRX STi rear wing and a roof vane for good measure.

I agree this is definetly not a preprodcution STi model... brakes are tiny. But no sunroof would also be a nod to a STi version as the WRX STi doesnt come w/ a sunroof.

I think they are testing how much air is needed for the new set up. I hope.

I agree this is definetly not a preprodcution STi model... brakes are tiny. But no sunroof would also be a nod to a STi version as the WRX STi doesnt come w/ a sunroof.

I think they are testing how much air is needed for the new set up. I hope.

knowing how SoA operates...it could very well be a complete cherade.

Hmmm....

*Non US spec bumpers and 3.0R nose

*Those look like GT spec brakes to me

*STI scoop - is that hood CF? Or is it just a matte paint, hard to tell

maybe a 3.0R coming? That'll be a non-starter agains the competetive V6 cars without a pretty good power jump.

Maybe they're just hot-weather testing a Euro car?

Honda has a test track just outside Mojave not far from Death Valley. I bet this Subaru was on a road loop run out of this track. Many automakers use the Honda road test track for security advantages. Just a few weeks ago, I tracked a next gen BMWX5 comming out of the track part of the desert and followed it all the way to Lone Pine, where they did a U-turn and headed back to the test track (4 hour loop). They had a tail car (330i sport) and were not happy that I stuck with them in my LegGT wagon. They varied speed from 60 to 90+ and did a few acceleration hits to dump my LegGT wagon, but surprise, I never lost a foot on them. Given that I never held up a camera, they seemed to relax and waived as they did their U-turn.

Fun stuff, on the way to Mammoth for a bit of Mtn Biking.

Archived