LegacyGT.com

ProSport gauges owners - Satisfaction survey

BOXRPWR

Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges

• Very Satisfied - no real problems (definately buy again)
    • Satisfied - works well enough (buy again on a budget)
    • Marginally Satisfied - work okay (buy another brand if you can)
    • Not Satisfied - suck, problems etc. (would not buy again)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the instructions that are included with the gauges are generic, you need to trace/track down the wires that power the giffrent lights on the cluster.... I was going to do it this weekend, but I have a big meet to go to on SAT, and have a few other things I need to focus on on sunday. If/when i upgrade to the premiums, I will go backin and try and take photos of where I tapped.

Click

Here everyday:redface:

• 4 weeks later...
soooooooo, my prosport mechanical boost gauge is F'ed up ;\ after about 30 minutes of driving, the illumination just cuts out... doesn't come back on til the car sits for a while... i used the blue vampire taps so wire connection shouldn't be an issue... :( anyone else have this issue? oh, the gauge is chillin in a single gauge cubbypod...

soooooooo, my prosport mechanical boost gauge is F'ed up ;\ after about 30 minutes of driving, the illumination just cuts out... doesn't come back on til the car sits for a while... i used the blue vampire taps so wire connection shouldn't be an issue... :( anyone else have this issue? oh, the gauge is chillin in a single gauge cubbypod...

Make sure you are getting good connections with those vampire taps. I had the same problem when I installed mine.

Any chance this write up is going to show up sooner or later?

the instructions that are included with the gauges are generic, you need to trace/track down the wires that power the giffrent lights on the cluster.... I was going to do it this weekend, but I have a big meet to go to on SAT, and have a few other things I need to focus on on sunday. If/when i upgrade to the premiums, I will go backin and try and take photos of where I tapped.

soo i rewired my gauge and it hasn't happened since... all wires seemed tight though... i noticed it would only happen after 30 or so minutes of driving, so probably all of the heat coming out of the center vents expanded the connectors, causing the ILL to go out ;[

only been a day but my elec boost gauge is working perfectly fine. only ran into a wiring problem where the 12v wire lost power and had to find another way, then ended up working fine later lol. plus the lil white "T" it came with was the wrong kind and the installer made his own but readings are accurate and combined with casopolis's single cubbypod it looks dope :)

• 3 months later...
AFAIK, the dash dimmer sends a signal to each instrument cluster, and is not a rheostat type device itself. Therefore, it's signal is not a linear 12V adjustment, just a low voltage analog signal to the circuit boards that control the different gauge clusters. In other words, it won't work.

I was thinking of finding the smallest rheostat I could, and just wire it into the illumination power for the gauges. Or, maybe, see if one of the EE gods around here could design a little dimmer board that kicked in to a relay on the headlight circuit.

Autometer has a LED Lighting Dimmer, part #9114. Have no idea if it will work with LED gauges other than Autometer.

• 4 months later...

Hey I just thought I would jump in here... Looks like everyone is satisfied (except three) usually we found that most problems are from installation issues, loose wires, bad connections, etc. as everyone knows we do have the best customer service and quickly fix/replace any true defects.

Keep in mind I can find 3 people who have had problems with Defi gauges too. No matter what you make every once in a while you will get a defect, couple that with shipping electrical gauges across the country and well we all have seen what the USPS can do!!

If anyone has any questions/problems we are always available. Contacting us direct is the best/quickest method.

Thanks for all your support !!

I don't like mine. It was inexpensive and after exhaustive testing I came to realize that on high boost (above 20 psi) it was not very accurate, or consistent for that matter.

Still waiting for my new sending unit you promised to hopefully solve the problem that you said you would get out to me a few weeks ago.

I am not bashing. I will praise things to no end if I find they are good, but this has proved wrong.

FWIW the exact same problems I am having has been encountered with another LGT owner I trust.

I do not understand?? you are waiting for a new sender?? Did you send in yours to be tested? we have them in stock, so their would be no reason to be waiting. Call us on Monday 727-572-9011 to get this resolved quickly for you.Or email us direct.

I did e-mail you and you said when you where back at the shop you would send a new ending unit out. I replied with my address.

I don't like mine. It was inexpensive and after exhaustive testing I came to realize that on high boost (above 20 psi) it was not very accurate, or consistent for that matter.

Still waiting for my new sending unit you promised to hopefully solve the problem that you said you would get out to me a few weeks ago.

I am not bashing. I will praise things to no end if I find they are good, but this has proved wrong.

FWIW the exact same problems I am having has been encountered with another LGT owner I trust.

what standard are you comparing the measured ProSport boost to? the stock sensor through logs?

what standard are you comparing the measured ProSport boost to? the stock sensor through logs?

Stock sensor.

Zietronic 3.5 bar sensor

Gauge on my air-compressor

Gauge that I bought and put in a mount that I used to pressurize the induction system of my car.

at 25 psi all gauges would agree within 1/2 percent but the prosport.

It also did not react very well to transient boost. I noticed that the supplied T had a restrictor in it, so I took that out, but still didn't read very accurate.

FWIW Edmundu had the same experience and no longer has a prosport gauge after 3 sending units.

• 5 weeks later...
Since day 1, my premium oil pressure gauge has been acting a bit erratic. The needle will suddenly make a jump of 5 psi, up or down, even though the engine is running at a constant rpm. I have the sender remotely mounted, via a 18" oil line, and this erratic reading may be caused by air in the line. Or it may be a defective sender?

I have to say that Glenn at ProSport is very helpful and the gauges look very high quality. That said, I haven't been able to get my boost gauge to work. The readings are way off and I've been through two senders. I really wanted it to be good..

I have to say that Glenn at ProSport is very helpful and the gauges look very high quality. That said, I haven't been able to get my boost gauge to work. The readings are way off and I've been through two senders. I really wanted it to be good..

Glenn has been helpful to me as well.

My boost gauge also is off. It is good below about 19 psi, but above that it tests off. (I have used a sealed container with another gauge in it to compare, I have also compared it with OEM MAP, and an aftermarket MAP).

I think it is just fine for those running lower psi, but for accurate above 20 psi use it seems inferior.

Archived