LegacyGT.com

ProSport gauges owners - Satisfaction survey

BOXRPWR

Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges

• Very Satisfied - no real problems (definately buy again)
    • Satisfied - works well enough (buy again on a budget)
    • Marginally Satisfied - work okay (buy another brand if you can)
    • Not Satisfied - suck, problems etc. (would not buy again)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i bought an electronic boost gauge, it def reads high, 2=3 psi. the gauge looks good, and its cheap. if you want super on the dot accuracy, i dont know if its the best option. for me, im running the ap v2 most of the time, so i rely on it more.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prosport was never able to figure out what was wrong with my gauge (mechanical Performance boost white/amber gauge) and they sent out another one. Worked for another 4-5 days..then same thing happened again.

Now their customer service was great, so they're definitely willing to help (as they should). Too bad its not really a quality product.

I bought the Mechanical STRI Smoke/Amber gauge and there is a difference in quality. Hooked up the same way (electrically). Never had a problem since. Its been three weeks or so.

YEAH PROSPORT, Im not happy with your guys digital gauges, they are all fuzzy. Not up to par. I have a brand new $70 gauge sitting in my closet because it looks like crap in my car. The readout is blurry. And you guys would NOT refund me. Im sorry but I will vote you guys two thumbs down until you refund me for my gauge. I sent it back to you and they told me it was normal. It gave me a HEADACHE it was so blurry. I would not go with a digital gauge

When I sent you guys my gauge to verify that it was normal, the guy on the phone told me that it looked blurry because I left the protective plastic on. I told him i put it back on to keep it protected for shipping. I had it in my car for 2 days, with all the orig packaging, receipt, box, everything. Prosport wouldn't even give me credit towards another gauge I bought to put in place of the headache-causing blurry display. I have two prosports' now, and I don't need any more. If they had treated me a bit better on the last gauge, I would continue to be a returning customer.

When I sent you guys my gauge to verify that it was normal, the guy on the phone told me that it looked blurry because I left the protective plastic on. I told him i put it back on to keep it protected for shipping. I had it in my car for 2 days, with all the orig packaging, receipt, box, everything. Prosport wouldn't even give me credit towards another gauge I bought to put in place of the headache-causing blurry display. I have two prosports' now, and I don't need any more. If they had treated me a bit better on the last gauge, I would continue to be a returning customer.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I didn't quite know how to put it. My gauge was blurry when compared to the STRI I just got. The STRI gauge was so crisp, I noticed it immediately. It's kinda like, having a conventional CRT TV set (a nice big one) that has been in your TV room forever and then switching over to an HD flat screen. You don't know what you're missing until you see it.

YEAH PROSPORT, Im not happy with your guys digital gauges, they are all fuzzy. Not up to par. I have a brand new $70 gauge sitting in my closet because it looks like crap in my car. The readout is blurry. And you guys would NOT refund me. Im sorry but I will vote you guys two thumbs down until you refund me for my gauge. I sent it back to you and they told me it was normal. It gave me a HEADACHE it was so blurry. I would not go with a digital gauge

Sorry you had issues with our digital series. I will pass this info to our engineers so they may understand some of our customers problems. This is one thing we are good about. If your not happy then we will fix the issue.

I already paid to ship it to you guys, and Prosport sent it back saying it was normal. I even had passengers tell me it was horrible. My $9 costco alarm clock with technology from 1987 had a better display. I am not happy, and I have purchased gauges from you guys before, and they didn't fix the problem. All they did was send it back and told me there was nothing they could do, that the gauge is perfectly normal. I even told them I wanted a different gauge if that was the way the standards they are built to. They wouldn't even give me a credit, and I still bought a different style from you guys to fill the void the digital one left. The support people I talked to didn't care to fix my problem, now if they had refunded me, or given me a credit (gauge was perfect with all orig packing), I wouldn't be complaining about the shoddy craftsmanship and customer service for everyone to view.

I totally understand your point of view, and would feel the same way. Do you still have the gauge ? I want to make it right for you. Send us the gauge and we will refund you. I would not want you to have to pay for something you cannot use. The display should be clear/NOT blurry and if it could not be fixed then you deserve to be refunded. I am sorry you had to go through all this and should have been taken care of properly the first time.

Please understand that as we grow so fast some times the new CS reps do not get enough training. We have a new training process now and this should never happen again.

I do still have the gauge, its still sitting in its box as prosport sent back to me. I appreciate the support, as I try to stay loyal to vendors who take care of their customers. I was really disappointed in the service, but its really nice to see you guys stepping back up to the plate. Please pm me on the specifics on sending it back for a refund when you can

• 1 year later...

Prosport if your still here, I am having troubles with my AFR gauge on my factory narrowband. My neighbor has an eclipse and doesn't have any problems with his, but mine is going from 19 to 12~(Or whatever it should be) without touching the throttle; also when cruising it bounces back and forth between the two.

Here is a video explaining what I am talking about:

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m589/dwolson2/th_video-2011-05-29-18-26-10.jpg

I've had boost and oil pressure installed in my 05 GT, using dual cubbypod, for about 2 years now. There was one issue involving oil pressure gauge jiggling too much shortly after install. Drove back and had installer re-check and it turned out to be loose connection. After fix, I've had no issues. I have them set up to be white during day and red at night to match the respective lighting (red dash and console). I would definitely buy again.

:rolleyes:

Prosport if your still here, I am having troubles with my AFR gauge on my factory narrowband. My neighbor has an eclipse and doesn't have any problems with his, but mine is going from 19 to 12~(Or whatever it should be) without touching the throttle; also when cruising it bounces back and forth between the two.

A narrow band AFR is always going to bounce around, if you want a steady reading you need to use a wideband.

The narrow band gauge is taking the reading direclt off your stock O2 sensor which flucuates all the time as it is constantly adjusting for your ecu.

I have the electonic boost gauge works well enough for me reads 1 to 1.5 psi low and the needle is very noisy, install was easy and I think it compliments the gauge cluster in the car pretty well

I bought a Halo series oil pressure gauge a little while ago because I had an oil pressure scare on my new motor(clogged factory pressure switch) and wanted a gauge with a warning. It works. It beeps and flashes if oil pressure is too low(I had it set too high at first).

Problems: After the oil warms up, the gauge tends to read off and/or bounce around. At 3k rpms on the highway after oil has warmed up, oil pressure should not fluctuate from 50-65psi when cruising. It will sit at either 50 or 60psi and then fluctuate +/-5psi. It shouldn't do this. I might get rid of it in the future for a PLX set up but I think its an okay, cheap alternative for a street set up.

A narrow band AFR is always going to bounce around, if you want a steady reading you need to use a wideband.

The narrow band gauge is taking the reading direclt off your stock O2 sensor which flucuates all the time as it is constantly adjusting for your ecu.

Is there a specific wideband that should/can be used with this gauge?

I bought a Halo series oil pressure gauge a little while ago because I had an oil pressure scare on my new motor(clogged factory pressure switch) and wanted a gauge with a warning. It works. It beeps and flashes if oil pressure is too low(I had it set too high at first).

Problems: After the oil warms up, the gauge tends to read off and/or bounce around. At 3k rpms on the highway after oil has warmed up, oil pressure should not fluctuate from 50-65psi when cruising. It will sit at either 50 or 60psi and then fluctuate +/-5psi. It shouldn't do this. I might get rid of it in the future for a PLX set up but I think its an okay, cheap alternative for a street set up.

I've had the oil pressure gauge installed for about a week and haven't noticed this personally, but a buddy of mine has had this problem on his WRX. We managed to 'fix' it by changing the way the oil sender was oriented. Still don't know what the problem was, but moving the braided SS line around corrected the bouncing.

I've used a lot of different gauges, and these Halo series are pretty good for the money. The boost gauge is 100% accurate at altitude once adjusted with the screw on the back of the gauge. My problem was that the "peak/set" buttons for the oil pressure gauge were not included in the box, but I did get one for the boost gauge. I contacted customer service and they sent a new cable out that day. I just received the package today, and it was just a cable, without the buttons.:lol: I didn't even know the two pieces came apart since they were shipped pre-assembled! Despite the headache, I know $#!+ happens, and it's not a huge deal. Besides, they have been very helpful and quick to answer my emails. I would buy again given the very reasonable pricing and their perfect match to the stock gauges.

I have the halo series electronic boost and wideband in my cubby. they seem to work fine. had them glitch out on me once. just disconnected the power and let them reset. all was well. fyi for those whose boost is not accurate, ie. 1 psi low or hi. on the back of the guage there is a qc sticker covering a hole. i think it takes a 2 mill allen to adjust. but you can adjust the needle.

• 3 months later...

Such mixed reviews concerning the Prosports here and over on NASIOC.

I have seen the Prosport digital and quality didn't look to bad but that says nothing about accuracy and reliability.

Some say DEFI is best but they do not make a AFR. Innovate Motorsports is supposed to make a good AFR but not a boost. Call it OCD if you will but I want a 52mm boost and AFR that match the factory cluster as closely as possible but not at the expense of being inaccurate and unreliable. Oh trying to keep it around $400 or less too...

Archived