LegacyGT.com

ProSport gauges owners - Satisfaction survey

BOXRPWR

Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges

• Very Satisfied - no real problems (definately buy again)
    • Satisfied - works well enough (buy again on a budget)
    • Marginally Satisfied - work okay (buy another brand if you can)
    • Not Satisfied - suck, problems etc. (would not buy again)

Yes, Magic, please explain how you hooked up the gauges.

It might take me a little bit, I have alot on my plate right now, but I will go out and find out exactly how I hooked them up. If possiple I will even take pictures. PLease be patient...you too Bob:lol:

Click

Here everyday:redface:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

cant wait to see how magic got the gauges to come on white after the red sweap.... gonna be sweet.

Also, is there any way to dim the gauges? I was thinking of wiring them to the dash dimmer to the left of the stearing wheel. Any suggestions?!!! help.

AFAIK, the dash dimmer sends a signal to each instrument cluster, and is not a rheostat type device itself. Therefore, it's signal is not a linear 12V adjustment, just a low voltage analog signal to the circuit boards that control the different gauge clusters. In other words, it won't work.

I was thinking of finding the smallest rheostat I could, and just wire it into the illumination power for the gauges. Or, maybe, see if one of the EE gods around here could design a little dimmer board that kicked in to a relay on the headlight circuit.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I have mechanical. With the engine not running, the needle rests 1 graduation below 0. So, I add 1 graduation to whatever it reads. 14psi is actually 15psi, 10in Hg vacuum is actually 8in, etc.

I cannot attest to their reliability, and I really didn't get these gauges for their reliability anyway. I use them for trends, and to monitor what the turbo is doing. As long as they are reading what my experience tells me they should be reading, I am happy.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

i got the mechanical boost (is there a prosport motorized boost? i want one) and an EGT gauge. both are working great. for the money, you can't beat these gauges. they don't even look cheap like some other more expensive gauges out there. the color match is pretty good too.

the only way to get them to match perfectly would be to put them on a delay timer. you could build a little circuit but it's probably not worth all the trouble unless you are very familiar with basic electronic circuit design. a simple 555 timer would work fine, or there might be a 12v IC that would work just as well.

you can do the same with having the guage red, then white. just have it light up red initially, then have a timer circuit switch it over to white. again, it would be quite a bit of work but a fun project if you have the time and resources.

• 1 month later...
is the mechanical better than the electrical? i don't want a non sweeping gauge next to sweeping gauge in the cubby lol

-Stewy

I would not think so, though people might argue that they are more 'responsive'... the needle moves instantaneously with pressure, wehreas the electrical sends a signal to a processor which rotates the needle accordingly. I have been around a few different electrical gauges and cannot tell the difference.

just installed my electrical oil pressure and EGT today.:spin: Wired them to be white all the time. They look real good in my cubbypod. A little brighter than the rest of the instrument cluster, but I think a resistor in the white wire might fix that. Just not sure which resistor to use.

• 1 month later...
Got my electric oil pressure and boost gauge ordered... now it is just a matter of waiting.

Hopefully that gives me time to get the hook up information from magic or another location for the start up sequence.

I will be doing a write up soon, I may be upgrading to the premiums, soI will probably rewire some of it and I will get aq detailrd list of what and where you need to tap, to have thme work along side the fatory cluster

Click

Here everyday:redface:

Archived