LegacyGT.com

ProSport gauges owners - Satisfaction survey

BOXRPWR

Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your Satisfaction Index with ProSport Gauges

• Very Satisfied - no real problems (definately buy again)
    • Satisfied - works well enough (buy again on a budget)
    • Marginally Satisfied - work okay (buy another brand if you can)
    • Not Satisfied - suck, problems etc. (would not buy again)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed. I ordered an electronic 52mm boost gauge, and it was inaccurate.. After the opening ceremony, the needle reads 8 in hg. Prosport swapped the MAP sensor, and it's still reading 8 in hg.

The last 2 mechanical gauges I've used show my car making 17psi. The prosport gauge shows 12 - 13 psi.

I believe I'll be sending the unit back for a refund, and try another manufacturer.

I'm disappointed. I ordered an electronic 52mm boost gauge, and it was inaccurate.. After the opening ceremony, the needle reads 8 in hg. Prosport swapped the MAP sensor, and it's still reading 8 in hg.

The last 2 mechanical gauges I've used show my car making 17psi. The prosport gauge shows 12 - 13 psi.

I believe I'll be sending the unit back for a refund, and try another manufacturer.

Those symptoms are EXACTLY what I am seeing... except mine varies between 8-12 inHg with the key on and engine off...

• 6 months later...
It definitely should not read like that, I am not sure what the problem is but we will pull some units and test them and get anyone who is having a problem fixed up.

Any update on this?

Those symptoms are EXACTLY what I am seeing... except mine varies between 8-12 inHg with the key on and engine off...

I installed the Prosport electrical boost gauge last weekend (at 6500+ above sea level) and I'm seeing the same problems as above.

Any update on this?

I installed the Prosport electrical boost gauge last weekend (at 6500+ above sea level) and I'm seeing the same problems as above.

Based on my experiences, this electronic gauge will not work for you being at altitude despite what anyone says. In order to read correctly the gauge would need to calibrate to your atmospheric pressure at power on, this gauge doesn't... Get a mechanical boost gauge and be done with it, they respond quicker anyway. The ProSport mechanical would probably work just fine if that's the look you are seeking.

I've uninstalled mine and put it on the shelf. I was excited about an electronic gauge which was "affordable", but have learned otherwise.

Prosport was kind enough to swap parts for me, but there was no change in the results.

DO NOT BUY THE PROSPORT ELECTRONIC BOOST GAUGE IF YOU AT ALTITUDE.

I've uninstalled mine and put it on the shelf. I was excited about an electronic gauge which was "affordable", but have learned otherwise.

Prosport was kind enough to swap parts for me, but there was no change in the results.

DO NOT BUY THE PROSPORT ELECTRONIC BOOST GAUGE IF YOU AT ALTITUDE.

mine was off by 2 psi at only 780 feet.:mad:

Double B:

No problems with any of our inventory. Altitude will affect your reading but only by 1~3 psi. I would like to test your sender for you. can you send it in to us with your full contact info and we will test yours?

PM Sent.

To everyone else, I just bought this car, and this is my first turbo vehicle. I'm not sure what readings I'm looking for (pardon my ignorance). Should the needle ever be sitting at 0?

• 2 months later...

So I sent the gauge back a couple weeks ago. The guys at ProSport tested them (at sea level) and saw no problems. I just got it back, and they sent me a new sender. Same problems, still reads at -7 or -8 Hg. I'm writing them an email right now. I'll let you know what they have got to say. I hope there can be some resolution.

As of now, I would highly suggest the same as others at high altitude have suggested, to avoid the ProSport boost gauges if you are at high altitude.

So I just got off the phone with Glenn @ ProSport. He was extremely polite, and compensating. Sounds like they are willing to bend over backwards to replace or refund the gauge. Great customer service.

Has anyone tried the ProSport Mechanical Boost gauge at high altitude? I may give that a shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Damn I wish I would of read this thread before I bought my prosport electronic boost gauge.... I'm at high altitude and I'm seeing the same problem as everyone else... showing -8 hg when it should be at 0..... did u guys ever solve this problem???

honestly i like how it looks etc... if it was only accurate... sucks you gotta adjust the thing for altitude... but i guess thats what you get for electronic boost gauges... i shoulda bought mechanical... but oh well... prosport is gonna send me a sensor i can adjust.... its gonna make it slightly more accurate but for me driving up and down to the mountains almost daily is probably not gonna do much... i guess i just need it to read right when im in denver... elevation changes frequently in colorado.... i dunno.... a little bummed... the gauges look great though

Sorry you had problems with our gauge.

oops...didn't know you are on the forums..

it's a nice piece of equipment, honestly. i like how it looks the peak warning is nice and loud. cool sweep at the beginning...but it just couldn't read properly...which didn't get the peak warning to go off for what it was set at.

i've read that boost gauges tend to read high..but i dont know...it was low..the higher the boost the lower it read...i'd hit 20.5 PSI (reading off the accessport) and the gauge would peak at 17 almost 18. i checked for kinks and had nothing

the worst part out of it was that i emailed you guys about the issue..whoever got my email was only concerned if it read any vaccuum or boost and if i installed the filter as it was instructed to in the install..i'm not sure if the person wasn't reading the whole thing...but pretty much didn't give me any support on the issue.

oops...didn't know you are on the forums..

it's a nice piece of equipment, honestly. i like how it looks the peak warning is nice and loud. cool sweep at the beginning...but it just couldn't read properly...which didn't get the peak warning to go off for what it was set at.

i've read that boost gauges tend to read high..but i dont know...it was low..the higher the boost the lower it read...i'd hit 20.5 PSI (reading off the accessport) and the gauge would peak at 17 almost 18. i checked for kinks and had nothing

the worst part out of it was that i emailed you guys about the issue..whoever got my email was only concerned if it read any vaccuum or boost and if i installed the filter as it was instructed to in the install..i'm not sure if the person wasn't reading the whole thing...but pretty much didn't give me any support on the issue.

U should of called them... they were a great help... the problem with these sensors on the electric boost gauge is it doesn't adjust to altitude... altitude has a HUGE affect on what it reads.... I live in colorado and when I'm in denver... roughly 5600 ft above sea level I read about 3psi less... when I'm in the mountains... roughly 9800ft it reads 5psi less... kinda sucks... but when u first turn it on before u start ur car it pretty much tells u how much its gonna be off by... if its not sittin at 0... whatever its sitting at is gonna represent ur real boost at 0... they said they will send me an adjustable sensor so I can adjust it myself... problem with that is when I go to the mountains.... but ill rather read right sometimes then never.... I dunno what altitude your at but it seems like its very altitude sensitive....

What u guys should do is develop something that can adjust to altitude.... I dunno if that's possible but would probably raise uur gauge cost by a lot.... I really want to keep ur gauge but I need it to be pretty accurate... I can't always have it changing.... just a though...

Archived