LegacyGT.com

Do Women "buy" Subaru?

O.K. I know alot of women drive Subarus out there, but how many of them actually did the research and either bought or suggested to buy a Subaru. It just seems like most women have to be broken into getting a Subaru.

male "Honey why dont you get a Subaru?"

female "A what? Why dont I just get this Accord?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's not true!!! you mean Foresters:lol:

Uh...going to have to agree with stellasubie. I didn't understand why so many people were so infatuated with freakin rainbows until I moved here and saw rainbows plastered hither-and-to on Subaru wagons with angry women at the helm.

Rainbow + Subaru wagon thingy = Meanfaced-Clippedhair-Female-Drivers:icon_mad:

OHHHHhhhhhh....sooo thaaat's what the rainbow colored teddy bears on the license plate frame means....tish!

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

I never thought much of the Subaru Legacy until my wife then 5 months pregnant wanted a mommy mobile. She went car looking solo and came home with a 05 Legacy GT wagon. She said I want it and we had one for a year. She absolutely loves it.

lets see.... i did all my research on the subie:

AWD

250 hp/250 tq STOCK

TURBO

Dual Exhaust

loved the look of the sedan.

oh yes, did i mention it was AWD TURBO with 250/250 STOCK??? :D yep, when they first came out, i said i was buying one. and when i came home with one, hubby just shrugged since i'd been telling him i was going to buy one for about 6 months. i don't think he thought i was really that serious until i stopped in at the dealership, and a week later, drove off with one. LOL

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I will have to say that my family falls in to the camp where my wife wouldn't be driving a Subaru if it weren't for me. She was perfectly happy with her Mazda6, but since it was getting up in miles, I convinced her to trade it for a Tribeca.

I will have to say that my family falls in to the camp where my wife wouldn't be driving a Subaru if it weren't for me.

Same with my wife.

I purchased the Legacy a whole year prior our wedding. Since then, she's been eyeing the Subaru lineup. Prior to the LGT, we were under the impression that if it wasn't Toyota or Honda, it was junk. It's been almost a year and so far, so good. We love the car.

Surprisingly, she likes the Tribeca a lot and the Forester XT as well. We're debating whether or not to sell her '00 CR-V and opt for one of the two.

My wife has always owned, driven, loved "Pocket Rocket" type cars.

When the WRX came out, I realized she'd love it, but couldn't convince her to go try one out.

I got my Legacy and she warmed to the idea a little. When she decided it was time to trade in her 2000 Civic Si, I dragged her to the Subaru dealer.

She test drove a WRX wagon (in the snow), wouldn't stop giggling the whole time.

It now lives in our driveway. Women "get" Subaru, it's just not marketed well.

P.

Archived