LegacyGT.com

Do Women "buy" Subaru?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this thread and I immediately thought "Is this guy aware of all the lesbians rolling around in Subies?" Seems I have been beaten to the punch. Anyways, my friends have given me crap about driving a lesbian mobile, so I usually just feed them this:

I'm lez trapped in a man's body. :icon_bigg

Everyone who rides in my car leaves with 1 of 2 things: a smile if they're an enthusiast, or simply a look of terror if they prefer soccer-mom style SUVs.

I see plenty of women in Subaru's around here. The thing I don't see is African Americans riding in them.

I know of at least 3 African-American LGT owners here in SoCal. Actually, the majority of the forum members in my area are "minorities", myself included.:):icon_cool

Everyone who rides in my car leaves with 1 of 2 things: a smile if they're an enthusiast, or simply a look of terror if they prefer soccer-mom style SUVs.

That quote "Look of terror" is so true. Classic line.

My oldr brother has a newer E class Benz with the turbo diesel and thought is was the fasted thing going, until he rode in the LGT, he had the look of terror!

I see plenty of women in Subaru's around here. The thing I don't see is African Americans riding in them.

AAAHHHHMMMMM..........You got one wright here......and I see my peeeps driving roos all the time....

your not looking...

I remember hearing a bit on the radio about Subaru's a few years back around the time the Tribecas were being launched. They were basically going over the niche market that subaru had and that trying to mainstream it could hurt the company sort of like what happened with Saab as they started to tone down the distinctive look

They basically said that the majority of the people who buy Subaru's are enviromentalists, outdoor people(especially kayakers and cyclists, gay and lesbians, Computer people, and those who feel like outsiders. They said that they did well in these markets because of support of charities and events, advertising, the fact that their cars are different looking, and maybe that their cars have excellent reliable, performance and value, the last part they weren't that convinced about though. Then again the people discussing it were marketing people.

AAAHHHHMMMMM..........You got one wright here......and I see my peeeps driving roos all the time....

your not looking...

Aiiiiight then. I still think that Subaru fails to market very well to the African/Latin American population.

Aiiiiight then. I still think that Subaru fails to market very well to the African/Latin American population.

Probably not enough bling………but seriously, roos are cars that people go and seek out. I personally like that, I really don’t want a car that every Tom, Dick and Hairy has. I love that fact that when my bodies ask me what kind of car I got, I say “just a Subaru”. Then when they see the LGT there like “that’s not a rooo” then I proceed to blow there doors off. and leave them with a face like :eek:

your not looking...

It's because of the MAN......wait, I'm the MAN, nevermind.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Archived