LegacyGT.com

Most modded / fastest OB?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stage 4 means a built engine. Not necessarily a power increase, but a safety increase. Should be able to handle more power with less risk of going boom. In my case, I changed the CR.

My first dyno was done at 56 degrees F ambient. The dyno after the build was at 100+ ambient. The graphs were very close with the 'after' graph gaining about 10hp on the top end. Not a huge gain in numbers, but a significant gain in temperature with no loss in power.

Even though the dyno didn't show a gain. There is a noticeable increase in pick-up and go off boost.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Updated:

Powertrain:

COBB Ver2 AP stg 2+ TDC MAP

COBB HFC Downpipe

Grimmspeed Uppipe

AutoSpeed Catback Exhaust

AEM CAI

AVO TMIC

Mobil1

-----------

This Winter/Spring 09

AVO420 Purchased not installed

Deatschwerks 850cc injectors

AVO Fuel Pump

Prodrive BCS Purchased not installed

P&L Dyno and Tune

Drivetrain:

Cobb short shifter

Cobb shifter bushings

Mobile 1 Tranny and Diff

Audio:

2007 Spec B Radio with MP3 and Satellite Controls

2007 Subaru Sirius Radio Module

2005 Subaru Factory under seat subwoofer

Interior:

Subaru Legacy STI Guages in Cubby (Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp)

Passport X50

Garmin 660

MOMO shift knob

STI Pedals

Windows Tinted 35 Front 95 Rear

Exterior:

JDM Outback rear bumper with Exhaust Cutouts

Suspension:

JDM 20mm Rear Sway Bar

Megan Racing Outback Coilovers (lowered 1.5 inches)

Wheels / Tires:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S

235/55R17

Brakes:

LGT Front and Rear Calipers painted black

DBA4000 Slotted Rotors

Hawk HPS pads F/R

Technafit SS Brake Lines

Motul RB600 Fluid

How do you like the Subaru Factory under seat subwoofer?

I was thinking about getting that for my stock Harmon Kardon set-up.

AVO fuel pump make any noticeable difference for standard driving...or is it more for high RPM's etc?

subwoofer is OK for a factory stereo. It would be good with the harmon kardon if it will work. I think the harmon kardon is a lot more watts.

AVO pump does nothing unless you are running high horsepower high rpm.

I am going to run e85 so i went to bigger injectors and fuel pump.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey weiner you list your tubo in your picture gallery as a GT2871r .86AR Disco Potato

but from what I have read the disco potato is a 2860rs

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/images/catalog/Turbochargers/gt28_pdfs/GT2860RS_739548_1.pdf

Your turbo is actually bigger than a disco potato. Its the same cartridge found in the AVO380 and AVO420 turbos ie. 2871r

We're not really sure what my turbo is anymore. I was supposed to get a disco potato. But then I opted for a larger exhaust turbine. But I get the spool of a 35r with the power of something quite a bit smaller.

I dunno... here's the latest dyno sheet.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/001-4.jpg

and my latest trip to the dragstrip (before above dyno sheet) ... 13.69sec @ 102.84mph (5500' Above Sea Level)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I can't believe that much power!!!! 5EAT right? or no? if so, I'm going with a bigger turbo...and gonna see what I can get out of mine. I'm thinking with a valve body I should be fine right? Or would I need a better torque converter too?

Looks like I'd have to spend somewhere in the 6K range to go to stage 4 right? I'd have to get the turbo, injectors, pump, value body and torque converter...hmmm, might need to start saving for next summer...

• 2 months later...

mmmmm nice. was searching for gt2871r vs gt3071r's and came across this post. The wife o5 obx is in my sights. Got a bad ex valve on cyl 4. Looking for a ej255 or ej257 core, so as i can go to stage 4+ :) TWE has some nice billet stroker cranks i seen when i was picking up rods and pistons for my younger sister's legacy gt build (na).

Still liking the gt28? Do you think the 30 would be a better option on a slightly larger isplacement engine??

Mike

:eek: I wonder what your times would be at sea level...

We're not really sure what my turbo is anymore. I was supposed to get a disco potato. But then I opted for a larger exhaust turbine. But I get the spool of a 35r with the power of something quite a bit smaller.

and my latest trip to the dragstrip (before above dyno sheet) ... 13.69sec @ 102.84mph (5500' Above Sea Level)

Here is mine with the AVO380 at around 800-1000ft. Tuned on E85 at about 55-60 degrees.

The AVO has the same cartridge if weiners is a 2871r.

Only difference would be the housings.

I am also running the AVO Top Mount. If I went front you could expect 375/430 at the wheels on E85

http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/45393/2154989490074087040S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Gregnauman, how did you get that bumper to fit the exhaust tips? Mine doesn't have the cutouts to fit the tips.

Search around for JDM outback bumper under my name. I did a write up on the conversion

This is the bumper every other outback in the world has with the exception of the US. It's also about 1.5 inches shorter which I think looks better

My builder sourced the turbo. I assume it is from garrett. My builder is a rally team and it's the same turbo they use on their rally car.

I'm headed up to the shop in a lil. I might throw my car on the dyno again. We got the printer working awhile ago, so i can get a better printout

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

My builder sourced the turbo. I assume it is from garrett. My builder is a rally team and it's the same turbo they use on their rally car.

I'm headed up to the shop in a lil. I might throw my car on the dyno again. We got the printer working awhile ago, so i can get a better printout

I'd be curious how much of a difference we would see from yours to mine if it is in fact a 2871r. Especially with the housings the only difference.

I'd need to go front mount and then do some sort of elevation correction but it would be interesting.

See if you can find out what part number and where they got yours.

Archived