LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B for sale

mand3j

I stopped by Subaru in LaGrange Il. today. They have a Spec B for sale sitting on the showroom floor.

This is the same one pictured in a previous thread by the way.

The guy that special ordered it had some difficulties convincing his wife (or some story like that), and it's currently available.

Offered me 3% off invoice.

I've got 2 more months on my lease so I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet.

They quoted me 10-12 weeks delivery time when I'm ready to order one.

Is that typical?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ordered an 07 LGT wagon on July 17th. They expected about 14 weeks. I talked to them last week and they were able to switch one on order from another dealer and that brought the deliver time down 2 to 4 weeks. It depends on a number of things when you'll get delivery. Spec. B is a production car so you should be able to get it closer to invoice.

I stopped by Subaru in LaGrange Il. today. They have a Spec B for sale sitting on the showroom floor.

This is the same one pictured in a previous thread by the way.

The guy that special ordered it had some difficulties convincing his wife (or some story like that), and it's currently available.

Offered me 3% off invoice.

I've got 2 more months on my lease so I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet.

They quoted me 10-12 weeks delivery time when I'm ready to order one.

Is that typical?

wait wait.. they offered you 3% UNDER invoice and you didn't bite because of two tiny lease payments? This must be a joke. Do the math.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

:lol::lol::lol: thats promising

No offense, braniac :lol: but that's invoice - I think you're thinking MSRP? 3 % under invoice sounds like a great deal for a new year car.

If you like the car, of course :icon_mrgr

my bad,

I'm way too sloppy with word choice...

3% under sticker,,, not invoice.

Wise to walk...its no wonder that dealership is always sitting on cars forever and has little to no inventory of anything.

Call Bill at Gereld in Naperville. Tell him your a friend of Shad's and he'll take care of you. If he doesn't I'll give him hell for you.

Jeez, those 07's must be slower or something, 'cuz I smoked two at the same time! :lol:

Detroit area, I96E just east of I275... not sure what dealership they were headed to.

SpecB07.thumb.jpg.29e56ca81f413cadb02482e0fdeb2c47.jpg

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Remember, this is what a car really costs to a dealer:

Invoice - holdback - rebates.

Where holdback could vary from 2-4% depending where in the country you are. (Northeast is 4%)

So after doing the math, this is a really good deal!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Subaru give a marketing/advertising allowance too?

W/O a marketing allowance this calculates to:

3% above invoice + 2% Holdback (Not sure of the hold back here but for arguments sake lets say 2% as an average) & no rebate on SPEC B = 5% markup on avg. in MA that's a 7% margin

Yes I would agree that this isn't a bad deal but remember this is a Legacy and not an Accord or Camry.

No one pays above invoice for an LGT and they reguarly offer 1,500 - 2,000 rebates on. These cars depriciate because Subaru plays these rebate and incentive games reguarly.

I am willing to bet a SPEC B will depriciate moreso because they give deals on the LGT and the average consumer will not know or care about this car without more horsepower, different wheels, a love or hate blue interior, and a marginally better ride. Definately not for what cost the difference these cars have.

When you get these rebates on a LGT and not on a SPEC B it becomes quickly overpriced. After this round of 'non collectible' SPEC B's are sitting on lots for a while they will offer rebates to bring them down to what they are worth.

Lastly when I spend more on a trim level (that's what the SPEC B is) I want a badge that says Spec B!

Sorry for the rant...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have an 07 Spec-B yet?

Does it have the upgraded 5x114.3 hubs?

Does it have R180 diff?

What is the final drive ratio?

I have a deposit down on one but I'm still waiting to actually see one.

Jeez, those 07's must be slower or something, 'cuz I smoked two at the same time! :lol:

Detroit area, I96E just east of I275... not sure what dealership they were headed to.

2 things...

1. those cars are in front of you, so I don't know who you think you are fooling!:lol:

2. This is not the spotted thread!:icon_mrgr

I called up SOA and they said that as of today, according to their records, there are a handfull of dealers in the US with a ShrekB. :icon_cool

I called up Limerick in PA who was supposed to have one. "Umm it's already been sold" they told me.

Where the ShrekB's are:

1 in IL (Countryside)

2 in MI (Dunning is the only one I can find)

1 in TX

1 in AL

1 in PA (Limerick is already sold)

1 I believe they said in CA (don't quote me) it was too far away anyway.

Oh well.

Archived