LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B for sale

mand3j

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seats are fine, little wider then my wrx seats which my wife appreciates a bit more, but pretty similar to Sti seats other than the leather.

Here are a few quick photo's I took the day I picked it up, as you can see its silver, now which silver it is, heck if I know.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/ezavatone/Spec1.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/ezavatone/Spec2.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/ezavatone/Spec3.jpg

That HAS to be Brilliant Silver Metallic. It is brighter than Titanium Silver from the previous spec B. Diamond Gray is much more of a charcoal color, and lighting can't account for that much perception difference.

Is there a color code on the door tag? I believe the color codes are posted on these forums somewhere... If the color code says Diamond gray, it is WRONG!

Did you paint the fog light pockets, or did they come 'blacked-out' like that? Maybe they stuck some diamond gray metallic fog light pockets in... j/k, looks like DIY, and a good job.

IF there is a one-of-a-kind, factory-error Newport Blue 2007 GT Spec B, I am calling dibs right now! Although I would have to sell/trade my Ranger, that looks like the one in the background of the interior pic, there.

Which color looks most like this Spec B?

First, Jair's car...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/ezavatone/Spec2.jpg

Legacy GT in Brilliant Silver Metallic

http://webspace.utexas.edu/rlb6954/rian/legacy/100_2046.jpg

Next: Titanium Silver Metallic (06 Spec B color) Very similar to Brilliant Silver, but a shade or two darker, and with a slightly warmer tint

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/lgt7.jpg

And the 07 Spec B official Diamond Gray Metallic color. So far, SOA says that this is the ONLY 07 Spec B color. Obviously different than Jair's car.

NY autoshow shots

http://www.autoshowny.com/vehicle/images/2006/Subaru_Legacy_lg.jpghttp://www.autoshowny.com/vehicle/images/2006/Subaru_Legacy_2_lg.jpg

Which would you say is the closest match? BSM, I think is pretty much dead-on.

However, the 07 Spec-B interior is very nice.

With the large ammount of black surfaces on the rest of the interior combined w/ the dark Diamond Gray paint the Blue inserts belnd in very nicely.

I hardly noticed the blue and even the blue piping on the floor mats blended in nicely.

Interior and the car in general looks much better in person than what any of the pictures I have seen show.

Agreed. The car looks great in person. If all goes well I should be in mine on Saturday with pics to come shortly afterwards.

That's HOT Jair! You have the rarest LGT in the land. Do you plan on keeping it?

That's really weird. On one hand BSM is bland and common. OTOH, that's a factory fockup, so that's even more collectible than 05 LGT manual wagons...

If it was blue or red SpecB that would be cool!

Wow, man this is crazy. Maybe it is a preproduction Spec B!

Could be worth something to someone

This is the 1st Spec B ive seen purchased in the country. I dont even think dealers here have it yet. Isnt it kind of odd that it went to Alaska? I mean that might as well be another country. Maybe they tried to send it far far away from civilization where no one would know the difference? lol.

I thought I heard rumors about a pre-production 07 Spec B in a corner at the SIA plant, that was brilliant silver with blue interior and a 6MT, this was after the 06 Spec B was on lots, but 07 model information was still a long way off. I am thinking sometime last winter...

I've always heard that those pre-production testers/demos are not sold, and are usually destroyed.

I'd have to go back and find those, and of course there were no pictures leaked.

It would be interesting to see if Jon or Opie, or someone at a dealer could decode Jair's VIN, and see when the build date was, and perhaps find out for sure if this is an anomaly, or what.

This is kinda interesting. Not particularly meaningful to anyone but Jair, but it is a mystery for those of us here who follow the Legacy build details, and are generally interested in anomalies like this.

A red 07 Spec B would be a REALLY odd anomaly, considering garnet red got cancelled for 07. I'd love to see a Newport Blue 07 Spec B. (which would be an anomaly also, unless SOA lied to me and everyone, and the 07 Spec B really will be available in more than one, or even all of the 07 Legacy GT colors...)

Vin was already run from a number of places wasn't much info, build date is 07/06.

Its quite possible I have a pre-production Spec B, should have some answers in a day or so.

I really love the car, it handles great, looks good inside and out and its perfect for Alaska, but for some reason I find BSM really bland, I should have said something when I picked it up Tuesday but I had sold my WRX a few weeks earlier and was chomping at the bit to get into anything but my loaner I was using.

I mentioned it when I picked it up that the color didn't seem to match the dealer pictures, the dealership really wasn't sure since they had zero literature on the Spec B and all the paper work said Diamond Grey Metallic.

As far as keeping the car, it all depends on SOA and what they want to do, I am really torn, love the car, like the color, would have prefered the darker color.

Evan

I'll bet that someone who wants a spec B, and gets a Diamond Gray Metallic car would trade you for a such a rare (possibly 1 of a kind) car. RallySquirrel already mentioned it, and I think he has a DGM 07 Spec B on order, unless I am thinking of someone else.

We'll from what my contacts told me, its most likely the first 07 Spec B build and was mistakenly painted BSM, I doubt they will ever tell me the true story. As far as pre-production models go, they are either crushed or sold to employees. My car had 4 miles on it, so that precludes it being a pre-production model since they have at least a few hundred miles on them. It seems to be just a factory mistake.

I've been contacted by the Western Region Operations Manager and was told if I want to swap the car for the proper color they would do that for me, at that point the BSM Spec B would go up for sale at the local dealership here in Anchorage. I have a day or so to make a decision.

Mistakes happen and I am by no means unhappy with the car or how Subaru has handled it, I think on their part there was a lot of head scratching on how this happened and been past on through QC, but again its not like its a huge mistake, just a one of a kind color.

If anyone doubts the car, I have more then a few pictures and many witnesses from the Nasioc meet last weekend, truth be told having the "one of a kind" car is not that important to me, much more important is being happy with a expensive purchase.

I am leaning towards keeping the car as well, its not the best color or one I would have picked but still a very beautiful car, wait a few months or so and perhaps it will be in Subaru Drive Performance magazine :icon_cool

Evan

Did you paint the fog light pockets, or did they come 'blacked-out' like that? Maybe they stuck some diamond gray metallic fog light pockets in... j/k, looks like DIY, and a good job.

They are factory. The 07 fog light covers all come black. Just another way Subaru is cutting costs. IMHO, they look terrible, and only match on a Gray or Black car. I saw an SWP 07 2.5i SE or whatever non-turbo model comes with the fog lights, and I was like wtf is going on with that.

I would swap for the proper colored car if I was in your situation for same reasons heightsgtltd mentioned. You'll be hard pressed to find a buyer to believe that Subaru screwed up that badly. Rather they would probably assume you had the entire car repainted, or it was a regular GT w/Spec parts swapped in. Also, I don't know about AK, but down here in NY the color of the car and what's stated on the title is supposed to match, in order to avoid complications during registration.

Lastly, does anyone find it ODD that this "one of a kind" car wound up in all places, ALASKA? Logically AK and HI should be the last places to receive MY07's no? My conspiracy theory is Subaru realized its mistake and thought it could cover up the blunder by sending it to the most desolated place possible, instead of rectifying the problem upon discovery. Shame on SOA!!!

Archived