LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B for sale

mand3j

I ordered a Spec B a few weeks ago and according to the regional rep (according to the salesman) delivery of the first batch in August was 50 cars in the US. Second production run is set for September of 150 cars, then no more production runs until December.

Don't know if it was a line of crap or not, but thought I would relay his comments anyway. The salesman was great to work with and cut straight to the chase on everything. One of the rare ones I've enjoyed working with.

By the way, one of the options to choose from was color matched mud guards.

Have I had my head in the dirt? Is that a new option?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is definetly a Spec-B at Irvine Subaru in So Cal (as of Fri morning).

If you want it, call and ask for Toni 949-837-0745.

Tell her Ernie refered you, maybe then she will forgive me for not buying it. :lol:

The car is fantastic looking.

Awesome color, wheels & interior.

It would already have been in my garage if it had the upgraded 5x114.3 wheel bearing hubs (like 05+ STi).

I wanted to turn it into the ultimate street/track monster.

I guess the WRX will need to serve me a little longer.

There is definetly a Spec-B at Irvine Subaru in So Cal (as of Fri morning).

If you want it, call and ask for Toni 949-837-0745.

Tell her Ernie refered you, maybe then she will forgive me for not buying it. :lol:

The car is fantastic looking.

Awesome color, wheels & interior.

It would already have been in my garage if it had the upgraded 5x114.3 wheel bearing hubs (like 05+ STi).

I wanted to turn it into the ultimate street/track monster.

I guess the WRX will need to serve me a little longer.

Sorry to be uninformed, but tell more about the wheel bearing upgrade. Is this being done for the 07s? Both GT and Spec B?

Wasn't there a rumor 6-8 months ago, before the 07s were known, that there was a prototype at SIA that was Brilliant Silver, with a 6MT... maybe a test mule, or something...

Maybe that is the car pictured above. Otherwise, there is something else very strange going on, or someone spent a lot of money and/or labor swapping 07 Spec B stuff into a Brilliant Silver LGT...

The folks on NASIOC seem to be confused as to just what this is... it looks like the owner is in Alaska, and it clearly looks like an American market car. Someone on NASIOC says it is a STI Limited, which doesn't exist. WR limited is different, and STI tuned is not available in the North American market at all. It isn't either of those. Someone mentions a dealer claiming two color availability on the USDM 07 Spec B. That goes directly against what we've heard from SOA and otherwise, that it would only be Diamond Gray Metallic.

Two color availability is better than one, but almost more puzzling as to why they don't offer all 5 Legacy GT colors for the 07 Spec B.

This is definitely an odd thing. Can anyone with an inside line confirm (Opie, Jon, Axis, et. al....) that the 07 Spec B is just one, or two colors? It isn't as if Subaru actually releases paperwork... the cars are being purchased, and the specs aren't hardcopied for the public yet... WTH?

BTW, Lunarx was saying he would have bought the car he was talking about IF it had a hub upgrade to 5x114.3, but that it wasn't the case. I do wonder if it is possible to upgrade with bearings/brakes/hubs from either the WRX STI or Tribeca... but probably a lot of money for not a huge difference, aside from a few other wheels being available.

Yup I bought a 07 Legacy GT and swapped out a 6sp, stole some Sti seats and painted it brillant sliver :icon_conf

Yes the car is much lighter then what was shown at the dealer meetings in both Philadelphia and St. Louis and I ordered the car long ago under the Subaru VIP program and I can tell you quite a few people in SOA and the dealership aren't sure what the issue is.

Think you'd be suprised who has inside info :)

Evan

Yes its my car in Alaska and yes its a 2007 Legacy Spec B.

Was picked up Tuesday and have been enjoying it for almost a week now, on the dealer tag/sticker, the color is listed as Diamond Grey Metallic, now as you can see its closer to a Brillant Silver then anything, its actually even lighter then last years Spec B.

I cannot find the Manufacturer's plate under the hood that lists the color code of the car :icon_conf , this was the first Spec B in Alaska. Now I called a few other dealers in the lower 48 with the Spec B in stock and they all tell me its a dark greyish silver ,much like what was shown at the dealer meetings. So very strange to say the least.

My "insider" info/contact is trying to find out what's up, they were at the dealer meetings and have driven the Spec B quite a bit, so they are at a loss as well.

So the dealer in Alaska has no idea, there is another Spec B scheduled to come in this week for another customer, so it will be interesting to see what color it is.

Evan

Yup, I have some pictures taken from the dealer meetings, its not even close.

I've been told by a few sources there is only 1 color the Spec B comes in which is Diamond Grey Metallic, so the question is what color do I have and do I want to even do anything about it.

Evan

unfortunately, i had to go when you were there yesterday at the Eklutna meet and wasn't able to check out your spec B. :( however, if it were me, i'd want the darker grey metallic paint vs the lighter silver. maybe it was one of hte first spec b's produced and they didn't tell the guy at the paint booth yours isn't the 06! LOL
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I just wanted to confirm that the Diamond Gray color is indeed very dark.

It has silver flake in it, but in no way does it look silver.

I really like the Diamond Gray, it is easily the best Legacy color yet, IMHO. :icon_mrgr

It's dark yet still bright enough (with the flake) to accentuate the lines of the car.

I was bummed about the 5x100 hubs, as they don't play well with Fixed Caliper BBK, due to the hub flex, which results in pad knockback at trackdays.

It's not a major issue as it affects some BBK more/less than others.

Even so, I had hoped that for the money spent I would get away from old WRX weaknesses. :rolleyes:

It's still a damn nice car though, with incredible performance potential compared to everything in its class and then some.

not to derail the thread or anything but what do you think of the seats now that you've seen them in person, specifically the color?

Last years red would have been impossible for me to convince myself to live with but I'm thinking that I may be able to convince myself that the spec b has too much to offer over the regular GT to let some blue seats prevent me from buying.

not to derail the thread or anything but what do you think of the seats now that you've seen them in person, specifically the color?

Last years red would have been impossible for me to convince myself to live with but I'm thinking that I may be able to convince myself that the spec b has too much to offer over the regular GT to let some blue seats prevent me from buying.

I felt the same way about the 06 seats. :lol:

Clearly nice but the red was just not my taste.

I also hate the Blue STi interior on an STi, which is part of why I have a 2.5L WRX wagon instead of an STi.

However, the 07 Spec-B interior is very nice.

With the large ammount of black surfaces on the rest of the interior combined w/ the dark Diamond Gray paint the Blue inserts belnd in very nicely.

I hardly noticed the blue and even the blue piping on the floor mats blended in nicely.

Interior and the car in general looks much better in person than what any of the pictures I have seen show.

Also the 60/40 folding rear seats rock.

They are lockable (via key) and fold flat as opposed to raked upward.

They provide enough versatility to make even a wagon guy happy. :icon_mrgr

I'm still wishing I had that car.

Yup, I have some pictures taken from the dealer meetings, its not even close.

I've been told by a few sources there is only 1 color the Spec B comes in which is Diamond Grey Metallic, so the question is what color do I have and do I want to even do anything about it.

Evan

With all that extra daylight you guys have up there, do you think you could take some pics and post them to this thread? :D

Archived