LegacyGT.com

Official Tri-State Spotted Thread

mlrtime

When you guys refer to "Tints on my car" you sound like ghetto-wanna-bes and it's pretty embarassing to both yourself and the Subaru community. :(

-mike

I think if you say "I saw a car with tints"..you are not embarassing anyone and certainly not the suby community..I would guess that most people under the age of 45 in the tri-state area use that term to refer to a car with tinted windows.

Although completely wrong (in the grammar sense), that term is really far from being ghetto.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you say "I saw a car with tints"..you are not embarassing anyone and certainly not the suby community..I would guess that most people under the age of 45 in the tri-state area use that term to refer to a car with tinted windows.

Although completely wrong (in the grammar sense), that term is really far from being ghetto.

i kind of agree w/ paisan, it's like when someone wants to "axe you a question", it just doesn't sound right ...

I'm more than a decade under 45...

-mike

I think it is more of slang term than anything...it doesn't deserve ghetto classification, like "axe" does. :lol:

I dunno..while growing up everyone I knew said tints.

That doesn't make it correct. Just shows ignorance of the english language, but hey do what you wants!

;)

-mike

i saw a car w/ tint.

i just don't get the desire to add the "s" :iam:

so your car has only 1 window. I never considered "tints" to be ghetto. it means they had windows that were tinted. they had tint=....

:confused::confused:

so your car has only 1 window. I never considered "tints" to be ghetto. it means they had windows that were tinted. they had tint=....

:confused::confused:

In English....

Window = 1 single item

Windows = many items

Tint = 1 single item or many items

Deer = 1 single item or many items

Sad...

-mike

So "I have five tint in stock"

Not "I have 5 tints in stock" ???

It would be singular if you were to say, for example, "I have five sets of tint in stock" but that is a dif sentence.

Guest heightsgtltd
In English....

Window = 1 single item

Windows = many items

Tint = 1 single item or many items

Deer = 1 single item or many items

Sad...

-mike

What's kind of sad is that you feel the need to exercise your supposedly superior education and intellect on here :lol:

Why do you care so much? :confused: I almost understand one post about it, but not as many as you have written :lol:

So "I have five tint in stock"

Not "I have 5 tints in stock" ???

It would be singular if you were to say, for example, "I have five sets of tint in stock" but that is a dif sentence.

You can't use "5 tints" in a proper sentance. You need to qualify it such as you did in the "I have five sets of tint in stock" or "I have 25 feet of tint in stock".

Just like a zoo can't say we have deers in our zoo, they need to say we have many deer in our zoo.

-mike