LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

You can change the nav to display in KM or Miles on mine. There don't seem to be any settings that address Farenheit/Celcius for temp display, or the miles listed in the driver information readout.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry but you recall incorrectly. Canadian models are metric, US models are imperial. you cant change it thru the menu.

Apparently, my memory must be betters then your!:lol:

j/k

Or something changed for 2009(because you can do it on 2006, 2007, 2008) but there wasn't any hardware part number changes. Maybe you have version 3 disks and they changed?

Anyways....

menu (Navigation button bezel, the rest are nav screen software buttons) -> Navigation Set Up -> User Settings -> Distance (Km/h or Miles option)

See Photograhical evidence below

05182009031.thumb.jpg.a9b4b89de5bef543d8eef7536bc5360e.jpg

05182009032.thumb.jpg.a1df10389e6d6a1ab4361f970d8e0689.jpg

05182009033.thumb.jpg.f28789e3f841c3e0b6a1fce9f4f7d635.jpg

i was refering to the ferenhight/celcious, and how those cannot be changed.

My bad... It's just that you quoted my post where I was referring to a post, that was a response to a post the about speed units.

Anyways, FWIW the temperature unit is an ECU calculation that is sent to the NAV/information/dash panel. Therefore, I'm guessing a celcius ECU would display celcius temperature in the NAV. Although, I'm unsure what determines the unit that is displayed on the NAV. Maybe the NAV hardware/firmware is smart enough to know when its getting a celcius or farenheit reading?

Whoa.. Whoa....

IIRC, the US and Canadian model are exactly the same. You can select metric or imperial units in the menu. It's not hard coded metric or imperial.

Are you sure you are not referring to units in the navigation system? Those are certainly user settable, but as far as I know there are no units/language settings for the functions built into the display units - trip computer, service menu, etc.

• 1 month later...
^^^ very interesting zmarko. Could compliment the existing gauges someone has, like Oil Pres, Oil Temp and EGT....as this unit doesn't have those capabilities.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• 6 months later...

sorry for taking so long guys but now i'm back with some news.

I managed to change my outback EU display with a US one.

I confirm both video and backup camera works fine. I unfortunately cant find a gray wire to ground for video in motion mod....any idea ?Or can you just tell me...which pin is it ?

Second things...about imperial-metric c-f temperature...you can set imperial and metric into the naw,but till now, i've not find a way to set it on the ecu.So temperature is displayed in F and everithing is in miles and gallons.

Dunno if i can swap some pieces of my old monitor into the new one to set it on metric - Celsious...any idea ?thanks

lil update...

sorry but in the night i did not found out it but now i did

i found the gray wire so the in-motion vid mod its possible.

I've another problem now and its that when my nav voice talks, it shut-off both radio and climate control, thats pretty weirdo...i think its some muting function thats not working. Is there a way to fix it..cutting the mute wire or bridging it ?

another thing...which is the pinout of the 3 connector on the nav display ?any pinout ?thanks.

This is probably stupid but I have a question...

Has any tried to get into the Diagnostic menu according to the instructions? It looks like the default password is 014220.

It is accessed by pressing for 5 seconds or more on the top center portion of the screen.

They probably changed the default password, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Can you help me accessing the diag menu ? Do you do it with engine on or off ?Where exaclty you press...and in which menu..map..nav...consumption...info...where ?thanks.

i was trying to find out while when my navi talks me (vocal guidance) it shut off both my climate control and my radio..that turn back on as soon as the navi does not talk (i can't hear the voice thoug..i know that the problem is while it talks cause if i push the screen button with the speaker to test audio..it does the problem).

So it seems like there are some pin that are different.

Looking at the schemes i've found in the forum

http://files.l33t.net.au/servicemanuals/FGZ201_Service_Manual.pdf

http://files.l33t.net.au/servicemanuals/FGZ000UF2_Service_Manual.pdf

i've seen that on page 2 , where theres the diagram with pinouts, i've found out that the J803 connector , pin from 17 to 36 ,

Both connector on both units got the same pinout , FGZ201 and FGZUF2 , apart from 3 pins

32-33-34 that are a-out-R / a-out-gnd / a-out-L

on the FGZ201 ...have those pins (32-33-34)

instead the FGZUF2 does not have those pins (32-33-34)

Since i've those pins connected, and since those pins are related to audio, maybe this is the problem. Do you think cutting those 3 wires will fix my problem ?

How can i identify exactly the pin/wires to cut looking at the connector from the hole parts...with the "retention-clip" downside ?

Or easily..i attach the pic of the connectors. Its the 20 pins one...the smaller one...can u pls mark me pin 1-2-3 so than i figure out how to count them ?thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
Correct all screens have one input. You can have a switch box with multiple inputs and just pick which one you want to use. Or what I did was run a RCA cable from the screen down under the center console to underneath the passenger seat so I can plug in what ever I want.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

It's pretty easy, you either have to remove the stereo or the screen, I had the stereo out when I did it and I just reached behind the screen, felt the input and plugged an RC cable into it. I ran that under the center console and and popped it out on the side to go under the passenger seat like Windy Road did. once it's plugged in you just hit the info button twice and it'll switch to the RCA. The parking brake needs to be up at that point, but if you remove the nav screen you can ground the parking sensor wire and it'll work at all times, even when the car is in motion.

I'm just guessing, and it's probably been stated already, but arent we going to have to CHOOSE a video input, as there is only one aux input in the back?

Not true. On the newer models you have a video and the 4 pin reverse camera that can be a second.

For the reverse camera input you:

1. Get molex plug.

2. Connect whatever video you want to the 2 pins

3. Find reverse signal wire in pass. side foot space, Trace all the way to teh nav system

4. cut wire, measure what type of signal it gives the nav to switch it over to display the video input.

5. Connect nav end to a switch to supply in with said input signal.

6. Now you have a second input that you can activate with the flip of a switch.

2 video inputs.

i'm running a HKS camp2 on the "info" input and am finishing wireing up a video ipod on the reverse camera input.

Not true. On the newer models you have a video and the 4 pin reverse camera that can be a second.

1. Get molex plug.

3. Find reverse signal wire in pass. side foot space, Trace all the way to teh nav system

4. cut wire, measure what type of signal it gives the nav to switch it over to display the video input.

2 video inputs.

i'm running a HKS camp2 on the "info" input and am finishing wireing up a video ipod on the reverse camera input.

Nice! I would like to get the HKS camp2, looks like a fantastic unit!!

Where are you located on the east coast? Wanna help a brotha out.

1. Get molex plug.

2 video inputs.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

• 2 months later...
Oh wow! That looks like the perfect solution! I may cave and buy it!!! Thans burlock!
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived