LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

If you guys get your car inspected at the stealership make sure you put your exhaust back to stock. They failed me for this and wanted to charge me $135 an hour to fix it.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For now? You'll see that if you don't make it too obnoxiously loud you'll keep it for a long time...forever perhaps! :)

The louder the better.

I plan to come up with a bracket to level the mufflers and drop the Y pipe a bit and get the gap bigger as soon as warm weather get here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you guys get your car inspected at the stealership make sure you put your exhaust back to stock. They failed me for this and wanted to charge me $135 an hour to fix it.

Got to say/write it: You simply should have known better than to take a Hog-zawsted car in for inspection......Peace

Got to say/write it: You simply should have known better than to take a Hog-zawsted car in for inspection......Peace

Most shops I know wouldn't of failed me for it anyway. The dealer just wanted to make some quick cash trying to fix it. Its fixed now and back to its quiet stock car exhaust system for now. I have a full 3" turbo back exhaust waiting to go on the car :)

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Most shops I know wouldn't of failed me for it anyway. The dealer just wanted to make some quick cash trying to fix it. Its fixed now and back to its quiet stock car exhaust system for now. I have a full 3" turbo back exhaust waiting to go on the car :)

Please tell me you didn't pay the dealer $135 to put 4 bolts on

Please tell me you didn't pay the dealer $135 to put 4 bolts on

No I politely told them to shove it up their ass and I'll do it my self. Took me 20-30 mins the other night to put the gaskets back in, in the cold even with the bolts being rusted from all the snow and salt this winter. Plus it would of took them a good 2 hours or longer since it takes them to do a oil change in 2 hours :(

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

• 2 weeks later...

Going to get bolts, nuts, and washers today. This looks like a pretty harmless modification and my curiosity has officially gotten the better of me.

Any negative impacts found with this modification? CELs, etc?

//marcus

Edited by marcus12

• 2 weeks later...

My car is a hogzhaust addict, WTF? I am trying to un-hogzhaust it and no matter what I try, there still is space and the Y-pipe and mufflers won't sandwich the gasket properly. It's as if the bolting area is bent, which it isn't. I supported the Y-pipe at the Y-point with a floor jack and that helped it out a bit but it's still not mating right.

By the way, the car sounds GREAT without both mufflers, haha. I broke 3 bolts trying to take them off so I ran to Home Despot to buy some galvanized bolts. The car is not that much louder than the hogzhaust, I thought. But when you floor it, there is no more boxer sound, just whoooooosh :lol: Like a V8 breathin', but without the typical growl. I had a lot of fun with it and of course I didn't go straight to the store and straight back :D

I was a firm believer that exhaust mods were kind of a moot point at Stage 2, but with no mufflers this thing spools faster and also pulls harder. I should have dropped the Y-pipe too :lol:

Edited by fishbone

Good morning Hogmeat, hoglet bencob checking in. Went back to hogzawst again yesterday afternoon, this is our 3rd time......Our 8 year old helped this time. I got him under the car with me. He was very helpful and we had a blast doing it together. I even let him start the car and depress the gas so he can hear what it sounds like with a can disconnected. Boys and cars they go together......

I repeat my two bits of friendly advice to fellow and future hoglets: The four bolt removal was very easy as I had applied industrial grease to each bolt and nut whilst going back to stock last time. With a little bit of exertion, even my kid was able to loosen the nuts during removal this time. I went with 3 washers again, a skinny sandwiched between 2 that are thicker. We again applied industrial grease prior to the bolts and nuts before mounting them......

Yeah, I see myself going back to the hogzhaust come summer again. Something about the frigid cold and wanting a quiet car, then sun and warm days roll around and suddenly being stealth is boring.

Tell ya what though, these cars sound AWESOME with the mufflers and Y-pipe dropped :lol:

hmmm...if you like it on a 2.5i, auto, you should have heard it on a 2.5T stick! Aural pleasures, I tell you. I miss my leggy. Will be getting another one someday soon!

What happened to yours?? You drive an F150 now?

Steve C.

2009 Legacy 2.5i Wagon

Touring Package

Satin White Pearl

Will the hogzawst harm the engine at all due to lack of compression or something.? i wanna do this!

No ! It doesn't change the compression.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

yeah, I had to sell it. I really couldn't afford to be rolling in a 30,000 car when my networth was -100,000....!

Gladly accepting donations, though!

Hear you on that......exactly why I have a 2.5i and not a GT LOL

I guess a quick whiparound here isn't gonna help much!

Steve C.

2009 Legacy 2.5i Wagon

Touring Package

Satin White Pearl

But when you floor it, there is no more boxer sound, just whoooooosh

I'm curious, since I hear this whoosh sound with the windows down and high RPM + WOT, do 'real' aftermarket exhausts not have this? Something to do with the airflow characteristics of the hogzawst I guess..?

I'm curious, since I hear this whoosh sound with the windows down and high RPM + WOT, do 'real' aftermarket exhausts not have this? Something to do with the airflow characteristics of the hogzawst I guess..?

Remember...it is an exhaust leak. That's what you are hearing.

I fixed mine yesterday. Went and had muffler deletes made. I will post pictures when I get home tonight if it's not raining.

I spent the extra bucks and had them flange the pipes instead of going cheap and just welding the pipes and tips to the Y pipe. They used the OEM rubber hangers to support the pipes and tips.

Edited by Max Capacity

Here's some photo's and video's with out mufflers or deletes. I'll have to wait until the weekend to have my son drive it again while I get a video of the sound.

I like the noise. I don't find it bad on the highway or around town.

Before

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4150.jpg

DSCN4154.flv video by 92Si - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid185.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4154.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid185@@AMEPARAM@@185@@AMEPARAM@@x40/92Si/DSCN4154

DSCN4155.flv video by 92Si - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid185.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4155.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid185@@AMEPARAM@@185@@AMEPARAM@@x40/92Si/DSCN4155

After pictures.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4158.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4159.jpg