LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am wondering if I just drive my car up a curb, do I have enough space for me to reach underneath and take out the bolts? Is it difficult if I do that by myself?

Space wise I don't know... I decided to spend the $20 and just buy ramps.

Too difficult? Not really I did have to use my leg (kick the wrench) on one of the bolts because it was on pretty tight, but overall it wasn't too tough.

I am wondering if I just drive my car up a curb, do I have enough space for me to reach underneath and take out the bolts? Is it difficult if I do that by myself?

Depends on how your car is setup. I did it without raising the car at all. Then again, I've gotten pretty good at doing lots of things in cramped spaces:

-car wiring

-other car stuff (hacked up my GTI and Corrado QUITE a bit)

-computer wiring/assembly

Now if I just didn't get arm cramps due to RSI :(

HV

I'm with some of the guys above: get yourself a set of Rhino Ramps from walmart or any autoparts store. Ask for them by name. $20 for a good deal, 25 some places. No jacking required. Just drive up them...
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I'm with some of the guys above: get yourself a set of Rhino Ramps from walmart or any autoparts store. Ask for them by name. $20 for a good deal, 25 some places. No jacking required. Just drive up them...

Don't forget chucks. Safety first!

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

chucks, chocks. I just use my ebrake (if it's up on the front wheels, of course!!!!! I know it doesn't lock the front ones.)

If I have to back to jack, i just use my ramps in reverse, and use them as cocks.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I have an '07 Spec B and all i can say for this mod is WOW. actually you can't really describe the difference in sound. I haven't seen a performance decrease. The sound out of the back is great. Doesn't sound like a ricer either. Best mod IMO. 1st of the many that I am going to do to this car. Next mod BOV.

Dont do a BOV. You don't need it. Its not worth the money for a new full recirculating yet (you dont have any mods) and a vent to atmosphere BOV will make your car run rich between shifts, you'll notice a big difference in drivability. I did, I ran the TurboXS BOV for a week and took it off. It made me smile, but wasn't worth the money just to make people look at my car. But, that's my opinion. Just trying to save you money :lol:

+1 I'm Hogged and still lov'in it

I have an '07 Spec B and all i can say for this mod is WOW. actually you can't really describe the difference in sound. I haven't seen a performance decrease. The sound out of the back is great. Doesn't sound like a ricer either. Best mod IMO. 1st of the many that I am going to do to this car. Next mod BOV.
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Guest Gitster

********Warning*********

Dont wait until its ZERO degrees and do your hogzaust like I did today. I had to take breaks and warm up so i wouldnt get frostbite. Anyway, sounds good, very happy to be able to finally here my engine!!!

Hog told me about this comet, like, with a spaceship in it, like, and if I drink this stuff, like, the space aliens will come for me...........

I love living in Cali!!:)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!