LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Ok, I don't want to read through 36 pages, so tell me which page is the main mod on? Take me right to the good stuff please.

I'm not sure there's any page that really spells out exactly what it is, and I don't know that I've seen any dimensions either...

But it's really simple.

Step 1: Buy washers (bare minimum 2, will do one side... stage 0.5)

Step 2: Get under car

Step 3: Unbolt mufflers

Step 4: Take off gasket if you can (mine was too brittle to remove)

Step 5: Put washers on bolt in between flanges

Step 6: Re-tighten bolts

The more washers you put inbetween, the louder it is. Some people are using wire (8 gauge, single strand) rather then washers.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

S1 = 1 on each side

S1.5 = 1 on one side, and 2 on the other

etc.

to clarify...

S1 is one washer on each bolt on each side

S1.5 would be one washer on each bolt on one side and 2 washers on each bolt on the other side

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Yup. Stage II is two washers on each bolt. I agree, an extra one or two is a good idea -unless your good like me. I actually used 7 to go Stage two. My goodness materialized a wa.... oh nevemind.

Anywho, you'll like it! It'll be a beasty, and you'll be able to launch it soooo much better!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

http://www.steven-fowler.com/legacy/mo=flow.gif

^^^^^^

I still think this was AWESOME! And props to REM870 for the Hog-zawst name! :lol:

I am still HZ stage 2 after all this time. I don't plan on taking them out any time soon. ;)

The level of my gratitude is reflected by the fact that I am a frequent reader and this is my first post...ever. I have an 05 LGT 5MT and have wanted a slightly better sound from the first day I brought it home. The "Hog-Zawst" is my first mod. Very sincere thanks to hogmeat and all the other contributors to this site.

Guest *Jedimaster*
The level of my gratitude is reflected by the fact that I am a frequent reader and this is my first post...ever. I have an 05 LGT 5MT and have wanted a slightly better sound from the first day I brought it home. The "Hog-Zawst" is my first mod. Very sincere thanks to hogmeat and all the other contributors to this site.

Y helo thar!

Finally I'm in Hog heaven! I installed my new Cusco sways yesterday. The whole time I was working on the rear sway, I kept hearing this strange noise?!?! It sounded like a pig snorting coming from my cans. I got up close to the left can and listen closely :confused: :

It was saying Hog me baby, Hog me baby! So I pulled the bolts and gaskets and installed the Hog-zawst stage I.V system in HTG. (Hot dipped Galvanized). While it was a very expensive upgrade, the benefits are there. It sounds pretty mean at higher rpms, but I'm torn about the sound in the lower RPM's. It kinda sounds like my old VW beetle...

If only there was a bolt that could be easily changed or servo-controlled. *hmmm*

It IS easy to change. I mean, don't even have to jack your car up. 2 14mm wrench/ratchets, and your set.

hmmmm....should I get a license plate that says "HOGGED"

that be awesome.

or really gay.

I can't decide.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

got around to doing this yesterday and damn, it sounds so good. It feels like the car got faster but i know its just the noise adding to my imagination. (stock set up with GFB BOV) I think this will really make me decide if i want an exhaust on my car or not.

got around to doing this yesterday and damn, it sounds so good. It feels like the car got faster but i know its just the noise adding to my imagination. (stock set up with GFB BOV) I think this will really make me decide if i want an exhaust on my car or not.
If you want to do the butt dyno right, turn your stereo way up during acceleration. That will get rid of the loud exhaust screwing with your head, and give you a better idea of what's really going on.

Head Banging optional, but it tends to throw off the butt dyno