LegacyGT.com

best NA sporty cars

Anything light w/ a V8, like my old '89 5.0 :D

I got to drive an S2K the other day, and I thought it sucked. It might be a lot of fun on a track where you can keep the revs in the sweet spot, but on the street... no thanks. Torque is where it's at for a street car.

What do you guys consider to be the best non aspirated sporty cars out now?

I like the 350z and s2000

I believe non-aspirated cars don't move at all... ergo, dead ;-)))

Not that I love BMW's but aren't you gusys forgetting the M cars ?

Talking about cars...if I said the Ferrari FXX Super Enzo...would I be out of line ?

_______

Given my income...and my general dislike for Bimmers...I would settle for a Infinity G35 coupe thank you. That thing is fast, good looking a a "leg opener". If only it were AWD...

Its weird how everyone bashes on the engine when its in the celica, but when its in the Elise its amazing.

I want a MRS with the 2zz swap.

Yamaha/Toyota made a freakin' sweet engine but it was wasted in a FWD car. That engine belonged in a RWD rear engined car. It is perfect for the MR-S and the Elise. You should see if you can find the Japanese show( dont remember the name) where they took a MR-S w/ the 2zz and practically ran away from a seriously built up S-14. The turbo car didnt stand a chance.

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/20928/Toyota_MR_S_Vs_S15_Nissan_Silvia.html

Carrera GT, 911 GT3, C6 Z06, Lotus Exige/Elise, 350Z - in that order. :)

I'm still madly in love will my old 'sporty' n/a Subaru - a red 96 SVX. Great grand tourer, heavenly sound from the engine bay, and decent punch when you got on the throttle.

Out now: (listing most naturally aspirated)

Droptop:

Miata. Solstice/Sky. Mustang GT Convertible (tuner derivatives...), 350z Convertible, S2000, Audi TT Cabrio, Saab 9^3 Turbo Convertible, Lotus Elise, Boxster, Z4///M, Corvette Convertible, Audi S4 Convertible, SLK, Jaguar XK (new), Porsche 911(s) Cabrio, Aston DB9 Volante, Ferrari F430 Spyder, Lambo Gallardo "spyder", (TVR has some, but I am limiting this to those available in the US., or not rediculously hard to get, like Ferrari Superamerica)

Coupe: (two or four seat)

Scion tC, Civic SI, Mini Cooper, RSX-S (leaving), G6 Coupe, Ford Focus (maybe->meh), Mustang GT Coupe (and derivatives), GTO (leaving), VW-GTI, 350z, G35 Coupe, Audi TT Coupe, BMW Z4 Coupe and ///M-coupe, Porsche Cayman, Corvette (and z06), BMW M3, Porsche 911 (S, GT3, etc), XK Coupe, Mercedes CLK, SL. BMW6-series/M6. Aston Vantage, DB9, Vanquish, Ferrari F430, 575/599, Lambo Gallardo and Murcielago, SL-AMG.

4-doors, sport sedans, etc.

Charger/Magnum RT/SRT. ImpalaSS/Pontiac GP-V8 (meh). G35/M35/45. CTS/V, STS/V. Lexus IS350/GS-series. Acura TL A-spec. Maybe Accord V6-6MT. Audi A4-3.0/S4/RS4/S6/S8. BMW 330i, 540i Sport, M5. AMG Versions of C, E, CLS, S classes, but some of them are supercharged. Maserati Quattroporte.

(STI, Evo, Legacy GT not included, as they are all three turbocharged, but some of the above have turbo or supercharged options, so I would consider them performance vehicles... Then again, I don't weed out forced-induction cars, as is the subject of this thread.)

Interesting things coming: Noble M15 (although twin turbocharged), VW Scirrocco/corrado replacement, perhaps a new Healey coupe (resurrection of Austin-Healey under Healey name) Saab competitor to Audi TT, New M3 V8, refresh of the G35 Coupe, and Nissan Skyline GT-R, Lexus/Toyota sport coupes... NSX AWD Coupe replacement. Mazda Kabura.

Some of my personal picks...

BMW Z4-///M Coupe

Porsche Cayman or 911S coupe.

Lotus Elise/Exige (but I probably won't fit)

Really interested to see if Kabura comes to market.

Things I wish I could afford:

Noble M15

Ferrari F430 Coupe

ANY Aston Martin.

Archived