LegacyGT.com

LGT to MS6...one of us is wavering!

WTF, it's a POS mazda, aka ford. I tested it when I was looking at the LGT and, at least the one I drove, was a really POS. The LGT owned it. And since mazda was purchased by ford so many years ago, they have just gone down hill in build quality. Yes I know that some like the way it looks, but I think it is the ugliest thing I have seen ever.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

WTF, it's a POS mazda, aka ford. I tested it when I was looking at the LGT and, at least the one I drove, was a really POS. The LGT owned it. And since mazda was purchased by ford so many years ago, they have just gone down hill in build quality. Yes I know that some like the way it looks, but I think it is the ugliest thing I have seen ever.

ford owns a WHOLE 33% of mazda, nothing to be upset over. Mazda still does their own thing really and they make some nice cars; like the MX-5 and the RX-8 (if it didn't guzzle gas like an SUV it would be better). The mazdas also hold their value fairly well and have the standard japaneese reliability, as far as i'm aware. The MS6 is a decent looking car (i like the Mazda 6 look) but i think it's worse than the LGT because the MS6 has worse gas millage, doesn't handel as well and Subaru AWD > Mazda AWD (see H4 > I4). Despite having more stock HP and torque (although is the MS6 really 'stock'?) you can mod the subaru much easier.

The MS6 is a decent looking car (i like the Mazda 6 look) but i think it's worse than the LGT because the MS6 has worse gas millage, doesn't handel as well and Subaru AWD > Mazda AWD (see H4 > I4). Despite having more stock HP and torque (although is the MS6 really 'stock'?) you can mod the subaru much easier.

Wait, are we talking about the same car here? You said the Mazdaspeed 6 doesn't handle as well as the Legacy? This article says that the MS6 handles better than the Legacy Spec B:

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 vs. 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec.B

The writers consider them fairly equal, but they give the MS6 a "vast" handling advantage while stating that the LGT has terrible body roll kinda like my Evo's stock suspension (3-wheelin fiend).

Wait, are we talking about the same car here? You said the Mazdaspeed 6 doesn't handle as well as the Legacy? This article says that the MS6 handles better than the Legacy Spec B:

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 vs. 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec.B

The writers consider them fairly equal, but they give the MS6 a "vast" handling advantage while stating that the LGT has terrible body roll kinda like my Evo's stock suspension (3-wheelin fiend).

i'm biased.shhhh. they don't need to know that >.>. Obviously mazda's best handeling car is the MX-5 but i thought it had the double wishbone on both the front and rear, which the MS6 does not. i've just checked it out and i'm wrong. I'll just leave it in there though and admit i made a terrible assumption. the rest of my post is still good, i think.

This article says that the MS6 handles better than the Legacy Spec B

Referring to the Mazda: "chewing up the slalom slightly faster than the Subaru with much better body control."

The Spec B still has the same crappy, soft springs. I'm sure some stiffer springs will change this.

Referring to the Mazda: "chewing up the slalom slightly faster than the Subaru with much better body control."

The Spec B still has the same crappy, soft springs. I'm sure some stiffer springs will change this.

after reading it, they gave it to the mazda because it performed it going 1 MPH faster with less body roll. Although they tested the Spec B with the 'upgraded' suspension. Really you could get the LGT (non-B) and add some mods to it and it would be the same price as the MS6 and probably handel just as well, less a nav system; but why would you want to have the shortest possible drive in a car like that?

Small niche car companies sometimes need the $$$s' to keep going. Aston Martin, Volvo,Saab,Mazda,Maserati and so on. Does this water down what would otherwise be a great car?? Sometimes it does. Saab and Volvos are neat cars but they lost a lot of their uniqueness of years past. Mazda makes great niche cars, and even if Ford messes up the Fusion twins, it doesn't affect Mazda cars. The rest of the company take overs have been a good thing. I would have no problem buying a Mazda, but the LGT has the right stuff for me.

Subaru though needs to stay tough and more importantly, unique.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

heh... i test drove the MS6 after i bought my LGT, and even sat down with the financing guy to see what the payments and trade in would be... Unfortatnely it would have cost me a lot more than i'm paying now - so that ruled out me ever seriously considering the trade.

I drove the Mazdaspeed 6 before I bought my Leg GT last week and was not overly impressed. I went in thinking that I'd probably wind up buying the Mazda over the Subaru becuase of the higher HP and supposedly better handling I'd read about. Actual driving experience was quite different.

About the Mazda:

The clutch was either on or off. No in between. And it was fully engaged barely off the floor.

The shifter felt like it was in a pool of goo. No feeling transmitted from the tranny and a very strange syrupy motion. While the Subaru shifter is a little long for my taste, it does have a nice, honest, mechanical quiality.

The handling was pretty good. Much more body control than the Subaru. Not the heavenly stuff of a Miata but not bad for a sedan weighing close to 2 tons.

The engine had great power but sounded like a blender. I had read that the engine didn't sound very good in a C&D review but wasn't sure exactly what they had meant. Drive one and you'll see just what they meant.

The interior was gaudy. Shiny black plastic everywhere and how about that available two-tone interior? Thought I was looking at some cheesy aftermarket Porsche 911 from the 1980's. Or Miami Vice.

I test drove the Legacy GT later that same day. Driving the Mazda first made my decision a quick and easy one. Not to mention the Legacy GT was about $5K less out the door.

If I was looking @ trading........

That P.O.S. would be the last on my list;)

90*+ heat is already killing these cars down here:lol:

I was in a friends 06 350Z MT this past saturday night. We came accross one of these so called "limited MS6":lol:

I told him....If he is a good driver he will take you....2 people in here, he has no passengers!

My buddy launched @ 4k

MS6 pulled about a car off the start but was QUICKLY reeled in & passed....I really do not see what all the talk is about.

We saw the guy a little later @ a local meet. His excuse....it's just to warm out right now for my car (80*) I need some cooler temps to really be able to run.

I mentioned to him....you know you live in FL right? Informed him I also lose a little power in the warm weather.

But not enough to get walked by a 3700 lb stock 350:lol::lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

The dealership I bought my Spec B from is a Mazda/Subaru dealership so I drove them both back to back. I wasn't honestly impressed with the Mazda. The clutch is very heavy and hard to control (my friends Protege 5 is the same way) and I was unhappy with the driving position. I didn't really beat on it to compare power but it did have a little less lag and lower rpm power (the tiny turbo will do that) but felt like it ran out of breath as the rev's climbed (the tiny turbo will do that). My other concern with the Mazda was the unusual fuel system. I like to thinker and I do know how easy it would be to tinker with something with the high pressure fuel lines like that thing has. Also, a top mounted IC with very little airflow and mounted on top of the valve cover and turbo just seems like an engineering disaster. I'm much happier with my Subaru.

It's probably because this time they're on the losing end.

Losing end? A guy asks about switching from LGT to MS6. Everyone says the LGT is a very nice car, as is the MS6. No flaming to speak of over there.

Meanwhile, everyone over here looks like a bunch of fanboi douche-bags.

:rolleyes:

^

Speaking of bags.........

You want teabaggers.......go to NASIOC!

The MS6 is def a step down between the 2 cars. I would say for performance the LGT has little if no competition in the sub 30k range.

That being said....for what SOA is asking for the Spec B I would have to look @ other vehicles first.

There is alot to be had for 35k right now:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Losing end? A guy asks about switching from LGT to MS6. Everyone says the LGT is a very nice car, as is the MS6. No flaming to speak of over there.

Meanwhile, everyone over here looks like a bunch of fanboi douche-bags.

:rolleyes:

psh, we are very allowed to make ourselves feel that our car, on it's own forum is superior; it only makes sense. It's more opinions and such than flaming. Although i could start a "MS6 is a gaint pile of shit" chant or something.

What baffles me is that the responses on the Mazda board seem to be way more mature than the responses here. When and how did that happen?

like this one?

I can't understand the love of subies...quality is nothing spectacular, interior is cheap, outside design is almost as boring as a camry...eeuk...

or this one?

The truth of the matter is the Subaru is UGLY

the mature responses are likely from lgt owners

Archived