LegacyGT.com

LGT to MS6...one of us is wavering!

like this one?

or this one?

the mature responses are likely from lgt owners

I think "mature people" are allowed to comment that cars are ugly without losing "maturity levels".

For example: the MS6 is fugly, there...mature.

Honestly guys, I like the way the MS6 looks. Im just not too happy with the way they designed the engine. If they had moved the IC to the front and sharpened up the tranny and a few small changes it would be a great car. I havent driven one but i have seen them on the road and its not a bad car. When i bought my Suby i didnt have the option of that vehicle. Out of all the choices at that point the LGT won hands down but if i had the choice between the MS6 and the LGT at that point it would have been a tough decision.

I can see someone trading in a WRX or STI for a MS6/LGT. But going from a new LGT to a new MS6 makes no sense.

It's like going from an Acura MDX to a Lexus RX330. Very similar vehicles, with similar specs in the same price class.

posted by andee0:

Quote "andee - any regrets? did you trade in your LGT? if so, what kind of deal did they give you on the MPS6?"

"mine was an '05. it was an auto. only regret with the ms6 is the powerloss."

Trades an auto for a stick and complains of lack of power... hahahahahahaahaha

Poor bugger.

I think he was referring to the "powerloss problem" that has shown up in some MS6s rather than a "lack of power". Im sure that seat of the pants is prob pretty similar for both cars (when running properly).

Losing end? A guy asks about switching from LGT to MS6. Everyone says the LGT is a very nice car, as is the MS6. No flaming to speak of over there.

Meanwhile, everyone over here looks like a bunch of fanboi douche-bags.

:rolleyes:

The only one looking like an immature "douche-bag" is you. You sound like a self loathing "douche-bag" that obviously bought the wrong car....

A little off subject but.....

my best buddy has a 06 Hyundai Azera.....he played with a MS6 last week highway speeds.

The MS6 was a even match but neither car could pull away from each other:lol::lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Please no flames - just laying out my current situation and research. I am a current owner of an '03 WRX Cobb Stg II and am being forced to move up into a bigger - somewhat more refined car (family and work reasons). My natural choice was to look at a Leg GT. I have driven both cars and am currently leaning toward the MS6 (no decision will be made until my WRX sells).

Handling:

MS6 - much firmer suspension, rides great with no need for aftermarket springs, sways or shocks. Lacks "tossability" of LGT, where when you throw it into a corner, it kinda squats (bad) but grabs (good) and holds onto the line. The MS6 must be brought into the corner or line mor carefully.

LGT - Requires springs and sways - and maybe shocks; the day I take delivery. The body roll and nose dive when braking are hideous. That being said, the afformentioned tossability - is definately an advantage.

Brakes, Wheels, Tires:

MS6 - Hate the look of the wheels - but comes with real tires (RE050) even on the lowly sport. Brakes feel good, not driven long enough or hard enough to judge fade. Snow tires and wheels are not avail in 18" size. It appears they can be had (and fit) on 17 x 7 regular 6 wheels.

LGT - 06 wheels are boring - 07 wheels are truck wheels - both come shod w/ crap RE92s. Aftermarket support for wheels & tires on LGT is relatively good. Same as MS6 on brakes.

Tranny:

MS6 - Somewhat sloppy 6 speed w/ no SS avail to date. May be a problem w/ lack of aftermarket support. Clutch is definately binary (wife won't be able to drive). All MS6's are 6sp man - probably 100 to choose from in KC metro area (home).

LGT - Notchy 5 speed - undoubtably made better w/ same SS that made my WRX nice to drive. Clutch and torque combination much more workable. Availability of man tranny LGT is a problem. Only showing 6 of them in about a 300 mile radius - of which 3 are spec b (cant afford)

Engine:

MS6 - No Lag, Runs out of steam at 5300. Very picky on fuel (Owners report pulling boost on winter 91 oct???).

LGT - Better top end, boxer sound, COBB availability.

Features, Content, Price

MS6 - Probably get a sport model, No Sunroof, Includes Good Bose Stereo, HID low beams, Cloth Interior. It appears this car could be had here in KC for roughly $25.5-26K + 4.9% financing for 60 mos. I can get a GT w/ leather, smart keyless entry, sunroof for $27-28K. 4 yr 50K warr - btb.

LGT - Includes Sunroof and Leather prob for $26K. Maybe could pick a Spec B up for $30K. 3 yr - 36K btb.

Currently, my biggest bias is the lack of availability of MT Legacy and the fact that I need to blow 1K in springs, sways, and tires on the day I take it home. Somewhat disappointed by the lack of "community support" for the MS6 that subaru and the LGT have going for it.

Just my 2 cents.....

Anyone want a 03 WRX PSM????

KK

Archived