LegacyGT.com

Dear LGT.com,

Here is how the vendor program works:

http://www.legacygt.com/index.php?page=services

Premium spots are currently full so that is why a separate forum is not available. There is the opprotunity to communicate within the existing forum structure, which is what this thread is all about.

Good luck and I hope it all sorts itself out.

Rao then how did PDX get a forum a few months after i had asked for one ?

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is how the vendor program works:

http://www.legacygt.com/index.php?page=services

Hmm, this part of the issue could be kind of sticky. I don't understand why premium vendor status is "sold out". Why is there a limit? If there is more demand than supply for "premium vendor" slots, maybe the price needs to be raised. I don't know Tide's reasoning, but it seems to me that excluding an enthusiastic vendor because the "x" number of slots are full is short-sighted.

Jon, I'm a happy customer of yours, having bought your stage 1 map, but sometimes I think you believe that the quality of your product overrides the necessity of good communication and customer service. You are undisputably a very good tuner, as many people here will attest; however, part of doing business is holding peoples' hands, answering stupid questions, et cetera. I saw in a previous thread that you questioned the value of hiring a clerk/secretary to answer e-mails and phone calls at $8/hour, when they wouldn't be bringing in any revenue. Well, why do you think any business hires a clerk/secretary? It is so that you can spend your time tuning cars and developing new products. It is also so that you will not lose customers who are unsatisfied with the communication they are getting from you. If you hire someone good, they will be able to make sales that you might have missed if you were too busy to respond to a potential customer.

Jon, one of the nicest guys I know on LGT.com was prepared to spend several thousand dollars buying parts from you, and he finally got fed up that you never responded to him, so he went to another vendor. Maybe an $8/hour clerk could have handled that inquiry, and you would have gotten the business. I realize that your profit margin on parts is not as good as your margin on maps & tuning, but that's not the customer's problem. If you don't make enough on parts to justify the time and effort required, then why sell parts?

As for my personal experience, after receiving the TDC stage 1 91 map, I inquired about getting a 93-octane map, and you reluctantly told me you'd send it to me for free (I would have been willing to pay extra for it; not another $150, but maybe $50 or $75). I said "great, thanks", but then I never heard back from you. I just assumed that you were basically telling me to **** off. I could have harrassed you about it until you sent me the map, but that's not my style. Normally I wouldn't even post about it in the public forums, except for the fact that you started this thread.

As for people complaining in the public forums, Jon, I would like to remind you that the public forums are responsible for a very large part of the business you have gotten from LGT owners. It's a double-edged sword: you can't expect to have the happy customers rave about you publicly, while expecting the unhappy ones to take it to PM.

Jon, I think you have a lot to offer to LGT owners, and I wish you much success in your business. Please take my comments in the spirit intended, and consider the possibility that some of your critics might have a point.

Rich

hey rich thanks.

if i didnt send you a map you should have just reminded me.

And about the "3K" job

i know all about that, Do you honestly think that if i could have supplied the parts he wanted in a timely fashion that i wouldnt have taken the sale?

The thing was i couldnt get them to him in the time frame he would have wanted.

and if i had taken the $$ it would have been a situation of someone being pissed

because i couldnt deliver on time. I never intentionally ignored him, but there was a time in the last few months that there were SO MANY pm's that some got lost in the shuffle, his happened to be one of them.

A secretary isnt finacially feasible right now, i wish it were.

Im trying to let people know that im here, it may take me a day to respond.

In this world of instant gratification and getting hyperpissed if an email isnt returned in 35 seconds, its hard to stay ahead of the game.

I thank you for your comments and maybe we can band together to get me a forum

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Jon,

Thanks for all of your help and Super Scoobie support! :icon_bigg

I will contact you when I'm ready for STG II.

Thanks for the AP and the great TDC STG I map!

Mark

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Jon, thanks for your hard work and dedication to us LGT owners. I've been too busy with work to do any data logging (I still have to buy a USB to Serial adapter for my laptop) but I've been loving my E-throttle map in the meantime :D the car only has 2200 miles on it and I'm going to wait until 4k to go to stage 2.

Hmmm.... I havent even bought one of your maps yet but I have read pretty much all of your posts. All in all I have seen a great vendor willing to bend over backwards for its customers. Sometimes things do slip through the cracks, hey- it happens.... We are only human. Jon, I think all the work you have done is awesome, its alot to be on any one persons plate. Good luck and of course I'll be getting one of your maps to test out against other tunes I have....

Ciao... Good work....

tHe HoV

I recently purchased my AP from Jon, maybe about 3 weeks ago. I had been reading the forums, saw that he was posting the replies of a stressed out man, and gave him the time to get to my order on his own. We traded a few emails, I asked stupid questions, he replied w/in a day usually, and by the time my AP arrived, I had the maps on my computer ready to load into the AP and flash the car.

I agree that many internetista's expect near-instantaneous replies, (damn that broadband!!!), but who would've thought that we would be re-tuning our cars over email? Something like that needs to be done with a little forethought, and a little patience. Case in point, I recieved maps that had "AT" in the filename. My LGT is MT. I asked a question. I patiently waited for a reply. The reply was "oops, here are the real ones". Non-issue.

IMO, with all of us needing what only Jon can provide, whether or not he had a secretary/admin assistant wouldn't alleviate his workload, they would just make better use of ALL 24 hours of his day.

I have no personal experience with the FMIC fiasco, but I have been boned by plenty of vendors. They usually just pass the bone onto you as well. Lesson learned. Jon probably won't take them at their word for the FMIC core delivery schedule, and, unfortunately, some of the members here will have to think twice about commiting to Jon.

All in all, if we were able to harvest a rating from ALL threads having to do with Jon or TDC, I would be very surprised if his approval rating wasn't in the mid to high 90's. Not too bad for tuning the computer of a $30K car over the internet.

my .02

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

well, he is only one man running a small business. please people! don't forget that! by hiring someone to answer phones and emails, how productive would an $8/hr employee really be?? they still couldn't answer the questions we are asking him. we ask a question about how to set up our maps or retuning this emap or that, something only he may know or have experience to handle and you want to expect an $8/hr HS kid to be able to answer you? no, imo, it'd create MORE work and more problems than Jon's current work load. i've bought from vendors online and even locally that take MUCH MUCH longer to get back with me than Jon ever did and from reading from the majority here, also does with them. it's a shame he missed out on a potentially good sale, however, as a salesperson myself, sometimes the amount of time and energy for that "big sale" isn't worth all the hassle, headache and time. I have customers I have to "let go" because they eat so much of my time, i've now LOST money on them because i cannot service other customers or obtain new ones. time is money, service is important. however, you cannot always please everyone and a good businessman knows it. if he can't give the time and energy that is required of a job, then it seems Jon backs away from it. That's not poor service, but good business sense. and imo, he's doing a good service to the lost customer when he knows he doesn't have the time to adaquately take care of him.

you can't win them all!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

well, he is only one man running a small business. please people! don't forget that! by hiring someone to answer phones and emails, how productive would an $8/hr employee really be?? they still couldn't answer the questions we are asking him. we ask a question about how to set up our maps or retuning this emap or that, something only he may know or have experience to handle and you want to expect an $8/hr HS kid to be able to answer you? no, imo, it'd create MORE work and more problems than Jon's current work load. i've bought from vendors online and even locally that take MUCH MUCH longer to get back with me than Jon ever did and from reading from the majority here, also does with them. it's a shame he missed out on a potentially good sale, however, as a salesperson myself, sometimes the amount of time and energy for that "big sale" isn't worth all the hassle, headache and time. I have customers I have to "let go" because they eat so much of my time, i've now LOST money on them because i cannot service other customers or obtain new ones. time is money, service is important. however, you cannot always please everyone and a good businessman knows it. if he can't give the time and energy that is required of a job, then it seems Jon backs away from it. That's not poor service, but good business sense. and imo, he's doing a good service to the lost customer when he knows he doesn't have the time to adaquately take care of him.

you can't win them all!

precisely +10000

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Guys ive been evacuated from my APT

the bottom floors are under 9 + feet of water

luckily im on the TOP floor 13 + feet above that

Unluckily i cant go home

so im stuck in a hotel w my 2 cats GF and Daughter

there wont be much response from me for a few days

please bear with me thru this crap

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Unluckily i cant go home

holy crap you never get a break. :iam::(

Unluckily i cant go home

Wow. Man....I've been there back in 1996 down at college....big snow storm, then tropical rains. All 50 inches melted. A propane tank broke off it's mooring and lodged under the bridge near my apartment, turning the parking lot into a lake. We actually had cars floating away and whitewater coming over top of dumpsters. I lived on the first floor....got everything out that I could and was lucky to only lose my car, not the stuff we couldn't move from the apt.

Best of luck to you man....let us know if there's something we can do to help until life gets back to normal. ;)

-D

Hay Jon,

Sorry to hear about that! :( We got quite a bit of rain in CT, but I think you got much more. Now might be a good time to look into outboard motor mods :)

Thanks for the heads up, and we wish you the best of luck!

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

As long as everyone's safe and OK, Jon! That's the important thing! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

http://www.tdctuning.com/wetapt.jpg that is my back yard @ the other end of the building

luckily im about 80-100 feet up hill of that

and on the 3rd floor .................

but still my life has been quite interuppted

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Wow....

And I thought we got a lot of rain in Wisconsin.

Do what it takes to get things in order. I think people will understand. :)

Best wishes and I hope you get through this without major issues.

Archived