LegacyGT.com

Dear LGT.com,

Hey guys its Jon,

Since i dont have my own forum here (which i have BEGGED FOR to better suit my customers and help keep them all happy) I feel the need to make apost on here about the stuff i have seen happen in the last few weeks on here regarding TDC Tuning.

This is coming from me, personally.

I joined this forum because i saw a market that needed some lovin.

Peter @ pltek turned me on to it, and i saw a great opportuninty to

help out some subaru folk. Shortly after i bought an LGT myself.

I came here to Offer Tuning and parts and advice. Most of you have seen, heard of

and alot have bought my E tune maps. I put alot for work into them and i love doing them for people.

Issue#1: When i first started the E tunes stuff people did exactly what i wanted them to.

Pay me, get the map from me, then do some logging, mail me the logs and thier info and i twaeked and sent back till all was well. But as time went on people didnt read the instuctions, mailed me random logs with no information about them and so on. With 50+ E tunes of varying nature it can get VERY confusing, leading to delays

and frustraion on my end. I have yet to have a complaint on an E tune.

What i do get is people getting overly demanding. Expecting 4-5 maps for a tune

all of which take extra time to make. THEN the whole E throttle mess !! *but i digress*

Here is my point. I plan to continue offering the best possible maps i can and i will support each and every one to the end. If i take a day or so to get back to you please please understand its not personal. some days i have 1000 things to do and cant get to emails and logs till late or even the next day.

Next:

The FMIC GB:

What a fiasco, when i initiated the GB i had an idea of what stuff i wanted for it,

as i experimented w lgt's more and tested some, my mind changed.

I was trying to produce the best fmic i could produce for our cars. Well the core supplier basically forgot about my order for 2+ months. I had planned on building these during my slow time (winter). Low and behold the cores show up and its spring, my busiest season..... you can see where this is heading.

So now the cores are here and tanks and everything, you will all be seeing the fmic's shipping and being used very soon. TRUST ME i cant wait either!

You can find updates here http://www.tdctuning.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90

Now i have to address some other things.

1. Emails, and pm's:

If you need to get ahold of me FAST or NEED an answer Email me, OR AIM (the best way) I am a very very busy man. AIM is on 24/7 and i see it about once every 1-2 hours, if i dont respond immeiately leave me a message and leave your aim on.... here is why i like aim. I log EVERY conversation, so when you AIM me and we discuss something i can just scroll up and see it all right there, helps keep me on top of what and WHO im talking to. Not to mention its far easier for me to just send a fileover aim than have your email bounce my attachments or put them in your spam folder (happens 50% of the time)

2. My attitude:

If you knew me, on a personal level, you would know that i would bend over backwards for just about anyone. I try hard to do the best for my customers and I take your work and the critisms about my work personally

I have spent YEARS upon YEARS taking care of my customers when i should have been @ home with my family.

If i come off harsh i apologize, seriously im really a nice guy, but i get amped up when people try to make me look like the bad guy (and its not the case)

I will make an honest effort to be as nice and cordial as i can.

The only reason i decided to post this is i feel that you guys are my people.

I try to think up ways to help you guys EVERY DAY.

I go to colorado to tune 4 cars FOUR! that BARELY gets me out there rents the dyno feeds me and gets me back, But i did it because those guys need me so ill be there. I try to treat you guys as if you were my personal friends, im not a corporation, im just a guy who likes Subarus and LGT's and likes to help people go fast. If you have a problem w me or that please ignore me and move along.

OK im done,

See you soon

-jon

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon.....

Thanks for taking the time to write this in an effort to better communicate with the LGT.com family. I understand your situation and the difficulties that can happen. People can be very self centered at times.... and very demanding. It is easy for a business person (you) to get focused on the work and lose focus on the customer. It is also very easy for a customer to become easily agitated and overstep the boundries.

What has happened over the past few days has been unfortunate. It is due, IMHO, to poor communication and unrealistic expectation on both parts..... things should have been addressed in PM's.... not on the public forums. Communication goes a long way......

For what it is worth.... in my opinion, you're taking the time to try and address this, speaks greatly of your character and your commitment and to this community. I wish you all the best in your future endevors and for a postitive path forward.

Steve

Jon spit on my dog and kissed my grandmother.

Ok, seriously, whatever happened recently, I'm glad I missed it, because I'm constantly amazed that you're always on here at all hours of the day and on weekends taking care of customers just like Bobbobbins last weekend when he got a bork3d AP. You're always going above the call of duty in my book.

Brady

+++++++++ a million for Jon and the support he gives to this community. I never personally meet a nicer and more dedicated guy. Some people on this board just have to show a little patence. Everytime I have AIM'd Jon, he always got back to me.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Jon works very hard to make everyone happy and to ensure that his services and products are top of the line. And he is always willing to talk online. Just i/m him at TDCtuning.

Jon just pro tuned my WRX today... 275whp, 263lb-ft @ 19psi. :)

sorry if you've had some members not upholding their end of the bargain. :(

i knew you were busy and understood that there is only one of you to do all the things that you do. you're not superman. it took about a week to get my maps after i ordered them, but the response was great. i knew it'd be worth the wait. as a salesperson myself, i understand when you just get overloaded. i still feel that you were giving me a high level of service at all times. never did i feel you were slow in response as i understood i am not your only customer and your world does not revolve around my own.

jon, i am amazed at all you do! i will continue to recommend you and your products. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Could I reccomend something? Hire someone here (for the cost of a tune), and have them make your OWN personal helpsite.

Each time someone purchases something, you make a new thread, in which only YOU and THEY can see. They post something, and wait for your reply, just like in a normal forum. The progress is logged. Attachments are not lost. History is there for all too see - with dates.

After the purchase is complete, and like 30 days have passed, the thread goes down the line, and just disappears until it's needed again, or the customer posts something, in which it will BUMP up.

Obviously you have forum usage down, so this will be a piece of cake for you to manage, once it's set up. Get some nerdyass like Jedi to set it up for you.

It's accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime!

Now, when I buy my AP from you, you can throw your STG 1 map in free! (You know, consultants fee)

EDIT: forgot to mention - we had a similar guy on my Grand Prix forum - totally overwhelmed, and couldn't keep atop all the data streaming his way. He made is own forum, and viola - he knew which way was up.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Could I reccomend something? Hire someone here (for the cost of a tune), and have them make your OWN personal helpsite.

Each time someone purchases something, you make a new thread, in which only YOU and THEY can see. They post something, and wait for your reply, just like in a normal forum. The progress is logged. Attachments are not lost. History is there for all too see - with dates.

After the purchase is complete, and like 30 days have passed, the thread goes down the line, and just disappears until it's needed again, or the customer posts something, in which it will BUMP up.

Obviously you have forum usage down, so this will be a piece of cake for you to manage, once it's set up. Get some nerdyass like Jedi to set it up for you.

It's accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime!

Now, when I buy my AP from you, you can throw your STG 1 map in free! (You know, consultants fee)

EDIT: forgot to mention - we had a similar guy on my Grand Prix forum - totally overwhelmed, and couldn't keep atop all the data streaming his way. He made is own forum, and viola - he knew which way was up.

Thats a good idea thank you

now help me convince tide to give me a forum!

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Thats a good idea thank you

now help me convince tide to give me a forum!

No No - not a subforum here - I mean a part of your own website - where people like me logon with a password to see my active threads (purchases).

So not everyone is in everyone else's business.

Plus - Tide is a stingy bastard. He won't give you a forum...he wouldn't even give ME a forum!!

Anyways, i'm saying - stay active on this forum, and do your BUSINESS on your own forum! Why put yourself in someone else's hands?

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Use Gmail to keep track of your conversations, attachments, etc. Almost 3 Gig worth of space. etune@gmail.com :lol:

All attached logs, your maps, everything would be kept together.

Or do Hogmeats idea if someone can get you some sort of mini forum.

Good point on the Gmail idea - unfortnately SPAM rears it's ugly head, in addition, the "threads" in gmail only work if the person replies. If they create a new message to send - blamo - 2 threads...3....4...

I appreciate that you're making an effort to get back to basics with your customers. I really felt like I had some great conversations with you when the GB first started, but then things started to get out of hand. I'm not going to blame you as much as I'm not going to take the blame myself, but I do hope you know that I never intended to insult you or deface your company's name. When the topic came up I felt it was necessary to voice my feelings on the situation, but I made every effort I could to do so in the most appropriate manner possible. It seems that stuff is blowing over - I hope we can get back to cordial grounds for the end of this intercooler purchase, because I'm planning to make a big post on how much power I made on the turbo and intercooler combo I bought from TDC :)

Guest *Jedimaster*

I have to say that I've only had positive experience with TDC- love the map and it came to me quickly. I think of Jon as someone like myself (no offense Jon). I find myself kind of "cheeky" sometimes and what I post comes across as me being nasty or angry when I'm just blowing off steam or having some fun. I kind of take the way Jon posts as the same thing: probably overwhelmed with work at the shop as well as trying to answer emails, PM's and people complaining that they didn't get their map, not thinking to check the spam folder.

Anyway, I didn't read this whole thread, but that's my .02.

Here is how the vendor program works:

http://www.legacygt.com/index.php?page=services

Premium spots are currently full so that is why a separate forum is not available. There is the opprotunity to communicate within the existing forum structure, which is what this thread is all about.

Good luck and I hope it all sorts itself out.

Archived