LegacyGT.com

Wow. I love the AVO filter

OCDetails

I don't know that the butt dyno has noticed any gains, but I definitely get that cool 'whoosh' sound between gears now. I couldn't ever hear that before. Two thumbs up for noise. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I bought mine from LGT member heybige for $35 bucks. It's a great looking filter. I decided on the AVO instead of the Perrin because I can clean the AVO with just normal water. The perrin seemed to be a bit too high maintainance for my taste.

OCDETAILS BLOG

You got gaudges to monitor those badges too.

Just this one...

http://i3.tinypic.com/wjvp8m.jpg

It is set to warn me before I get out of hand with them. :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

Classic gauge. Maybe AVo will have a GB on that?:lol:

Seriously, my AVO panel suits me nicely, along with the intake silencer removal.

(thanks Jedi thread)

The whoosh of the turbo, plus BPV noise are a nice addition when the windows are up and the stereo is down. It sounds great IMO.

No performance or mileage gains were ever expected, so if any are realized, then its a total bonus...

A good buy.

Is there any downside to the intake silencer removal? I've heard it jacks with your idle. If there isn't any downside then I'd do it for a little more noise.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I did the silencer removal within a few days of getting the car and have had it on and off a few times to try to make comparisons....Does NOT change the idle.....Butt dyno says "No change"...Ear dyno says "Big improvement"

:):):)

I did the silencer removal within a few days of getting the car and have had it on and off a few times to try to make comparisons....Does NOT change the idle.....Butt dyno says "No change"...Ear dyno says "Big improvement"

:):):)

yes, the ear dyno says +1

I got a new AVO panel filter from a great guy on this forum. So when the AVO panel filter gets dirty, you just hose it off with water, let it dry (a few hours?), and reinstall WITHOUT applying anything, right?...(I've only had experience with K&N before and so I'm used to having to re-oil it). How many washes can the Avo filter last for before throwing it away? Thanks :)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Is there any downside to the intake silencer removal? I've heard it jacks with your idle. If there isn't any downside then I'd do it for a little more noise.

It is such an easy mod, that you can take it out; and if you don't like it than put it back. I have the Perrin with the intake silencer removed.:icon_surp

I did the silencer removal a while ago and thought it made the car sound ricey so I put it right back on. I'll have to try it again since I can't remember very well. I used to have a K&N on my V6 Cougar and I loved the sound, nice growl under hard acceleration. The LGT just sounded too high pitched and whiney to me. Does the panel filter result in the same pitch as the silencer removal?

Hell, I'm gonna go pull it out right now to test on tomorrow's drive to work.

Archived