LegacyGT.com

Indiana Members?

KartRacerBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He let me take his impreza for a spin. That thing can move for an N/A and it handles like a dream with the suspension set up and quick rack steering. I just hope he doesn't crash before I can get those wheels from him.
It's cool; I'm with the band

I like them too and Dean is letting them go for a good price, but I currently lack the funds to get them. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll be able to get them put on. And the tread life is running a little low on the tires he currently has on, so I'll need to replace those in the next month or two after I get the wheels.

I'd be down for a Leggy meet too.

Just saw that NASIOC post. I'm kinda pissed. Oh well, that's what I get for being broke, and that kid being 18 with mom and dad's money.

You gonna be at Happy Hollow for Ethan's B-day/Dustin's going away thing?

Hell yeah I'll be there.

I figured you would be pissed but to be honest with you, your car deserves better, save your money for a while. It took me a year to get my wheels but I got what I wanted and I'm happy. Just look at it as an opportunity to think things through.

The problem is that I slid into a curb on the re92s this past winter in the Chauncey parking lot and there's some nasty yellow curb damage. Scuffed up wheels just bug the heck outta me, so I think I'm just gonna get some cheap, decent looking wheels from tire barn or discount tire when I replace the tires in a month or so and then save up for some nice enkei racing (not performance or sport) or BBS in a couple years once I get to the engine and suspension mods I want done.

Just take the wheels off one weekend...sand it down with some red scotchbright pad. Bondo the nasty crap...sand it down real well and spray paint them bronze or something.

I'll be doing that to my curbed wheels when I get a weekend I can let the car sit.

I was thinking about going with Drags to be honest. I was looking at the DR-33s and putting S.drives on them, but haven't decided if I wanna match the paint and go with gunmetal or get the silver painted. The advantage of going with Dean's wheels was that I could wait to put new rubber on, now I have to get a wheel and tire package.

Are you the one that Dean said he knows at Discount Tire?

Yeah, I know the guys at discount tire. But that's not even where my hook up is. What size are you looking for?

edit:Ewl, I do not like those at all but it's your car. Let me know the size.

I was also looking at the dr-19s. Either one in an 18x7.5 unless they come in 18x8. Everything on the discount tire website are 7.5 width. Probably 225/40 tire with it.

I just need them to be wider than the stockers because with my new drop, the stockers don't quite fill the wheel well and it kinda bothers me.

Also, I don't have any money right now, so its not a high priority. I just thought that Dean's wheels were a good deal if I had the money to get them.

I'll definitely be there. I think the kid who bought Dean's wheels might be there too, so we can direct him here to LGT. He just joined NASIOC and I think I saw the same name here recently too. I suggested the site and told him to look into h-tech's and included that pic of dean's wheels with the h-tech drop. He's kinda looking to rice it a little bit with smoked tails, grille, etc.

Not that busy in here. Here are my stats....

Greenville, In (about 20 miles north of Louisville, KY)

2005 LGT 5MT

GTSpec Unequal length headers + Catless UP

Invidia Catted DP, Borla CBE (slightly modified)

K&N CAI, Kartboy STS

Tein H-Tech lowering springs, Whiteline Sway bars + Kartboy endlinks

Cobb AP V.2

Custom Crown Vic grille mod (sounds fancy..but its not)

Just rebuilt the calipers, turned the rotors, new pads + full tune up..........too much?

The crown vic grille is about the same as the DIY ones, but with a different mesh inserted. Any aftermarket grille looks infinitely better than stock.

Time to see if we can keep this thread rocking. Henry and I had it going for almost a page in one day a few weeks back, maybe we can keep the pace up, since Indiana Impreza is all the Indy wrx and sti guys.

Steve, you got LGT stikars?

We're also missing Pat and..............damn I'm bad with names. Is it????? I can't remember, is the guy that drives the white wagon from WL.

I feel bad because I forgot his name too. He's actually from just north of Cincinnati though because, oddly enough, he went to high school with an ex of mine from college. I don't know if he goes to Purdue and is from Ohio or if he was just randomly over here that day and decided to stop by.

There's also the new kid that bought Deano's wheels. I think he signed up for an account here, but isn't active. He drives a black 08 with the gunmetal wheels.

But no, no LGT stickers for me. I'm probably gonna be keeping my LGT clean and putting stickers on the fridge that will eventually go in my garage.

Archived