LegacyGT.com

Cobb Tuning would like to offer a larger than stock turbo for the LGT...

Christian.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1 for the AVO tmic and 400L. Maybe even a tune with a AEM CAI.

Not being rude about the CAI...but no. That particular intake has never performed consistently for us. I see no reason why the intake would need to change...the LGT MAF housing is larger than the STi unit and specifying an intake would just increase the cost of the package.

Take care,

Christian.

Is the 400L a direct bolt on for the LGT? All I can see from the AVO and Rallitek web sites are the TMIC and actuator upgrades...not bolt-on turbos on the web site. I agree about that a turbo back or at least a DP and mufflers will be necessary. Fuel mods will all depend on how much power the 400L is capable of. Please keep the feedback coming. I need to provide a parts list to AVO so they can get the parts coming from Japan.

Take care,

Christian.

Christian,

AVO indicated that the 400L will be a direct bolt on when its released. I'm not sure exactly where they are along in releasing the part though, but it certainly looks promising: potential power between the 18g and 20g, with stock-like spoolup.

Is the 400L a direct bolt on for the LGT? All I can see from the AVO and Rallitek web sites are the TMIC and actuator upgrades...not bolt-on turbos on the web site. I agree about that a turbo back or at least a DP and mufflers will be necessary. Fuel mods will all depend on how much power the 400L is capable of. Please keep the feedback coming. I need to provide a parts list to AVO so they can get the parts coming from Japan.

Take care,

Christian.

Christian,

Read this thread or better yet call Sean over at Rallitek. Some info. regarding the 400L... although not much. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24290&page=10

It is a direct bolt in though. :)

I also am interested in an AVO package with the 400L, but I still need more details an the 400L's performance characteristics, preferably some compressor maps. Also AVO tmic, UP/DP, and AVO pump if necessary.

Christian,

AVO indicated that the 400L will be a direct bolt on when its released. I'm not sure exactly where they are along in releasing the part though, but it certainly looks promising: potential power between the 18g and 20g, with stock-like spoolup.

Sounds like a disco potato hybrid.

I think the 400L would be it. It's not ready yet but reading from Rallitek's thread about the AVO TMIC limiting the 450 turbo, it would seem something smaller would be needed if you wanted to avoid a FMIC.

ooopph .......... I just looked up the 400L for WRX fitment. $1950 on AVO's site. I assume the LGT specific turbo will be similarly priced. :( I don't know, that's awful expensive when there are many other good choices out there for less.

BTW Legacy 400L part # appears to be LEG-1270-000

ooopph .......... I just looked up the 400L for WRX fitment. $1950 on AVO's site. I assume the LGT specific turbo will be similarly priced. :( I don't know, that's awful expensive when there are many other good choices out there for less.

BTW Legacy 400L part # appears to be LEG-1270-000

Thanks for the heads up. AVO has been responding so it appears as if we are working on the following parts for this calibration:

- AVO 400L direct bolt-on turbo, internal wastegate and actuator included

- AVO TMIC

- Turbo-back exhaust system

- Stock vehicle otherwise

I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Take care,

Christian.

Both of these have been on my car for quite some time now...we made several revisions to the sway bar and the exhaust is awaiting some additional piping from cat to the mufflers. I will try to get realistic ETAs as soon as possible. Oh, and the new springs on my LGT are a perfect match to the stock shocks...but those are going through another revision as well. We wanted to make sure they made it through the salted winter streets here and they did very well. Again, no promises and I will post on another thread with product updates when I am more confident with the ETAs.

We would be happy to develop calibrations for the AVO packages...does any one here know the decision makers at AVO? I would like to get in contact with them to see if anything can be worked out. Let me know if this is of interest to you.

Take care,

Christian.

20G sounds great for this AP option...

However, I wouldn't mind seeing calibrations for the AVO packages either, as those turbos seem to be promising as well...

Mike, I thought you were going that route with this car :lol: .

I'm all talk. :icon_bigg Plus, by the time Cobb/AVO come out with the results/package, I might be onto a different car by then... ;)

-Mike-

Thanks for the heads up. AVO has been responding so it appears as if we are working on the following parts for this calibration:

- AVO 400L direct bolt-on turbo, internal wastegate and actuator included

- AVO TMIC

- Turbo-back exhaust system

- Stock vehicle otherwise

I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Take care,

Christian.

Can't wait to see numbers from the 400L, hopefully it spools just as well as stock.

*cough*helixrr500*cough*

Seriously though, add in the injectors and fuel pump and you are right back to the AVO turbo's price. And you have headroom for 400whp on race gas.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I'd like to run that setup, but at those prices, I might pass.

I agree,,just from a marketing standpoint how many of these packages are going to sell?

I've done turbo upgrades before on m y 02WRX and my 04 STi but $1950 fr just the turbo not counting the other parts seems abit stiff.

For less then $1950 you can do the complete STi swap(vf39/34,intake,topmount injectors etc) including labor and maybe a road tune.

Just my 2 cents

Agreed...unless AVO is willing to offer package pricing <hint, hint> I fear that this package will be bypassed for cheaper alternatives. I mean this 400L is about $500 more than a 20G. I think we need more info at this point.

Archived