LegacyGT.com

Brembo's - to paint or not to paint???

PGT

What to do with teh Brembos???  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with teh Brembos???

• Leave em gold!!
    • Gloss black and no logo - stealth for t3h win!!
    • Gloss black and white Brembo logo
    • Gloss black and silver Brembo logo
    • Other - post your suggestion!
    • Swear to me!!!!!

I think this would look great behind the wheels:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/brakes/brembo/gran_tur_1.jpg

I'm surprised at the poll results....pretty clear most people like the gold.

I'm surprised at the poll results....pretty clear most people like the gold.
Same reason so many people will pay 2X the cost for certain brands. They care about the looks and reputation. Functionally, gold is paint does not perform as well as it will keep heat in the caliper, (black transmits heat so it will radiate better) but most people here want to show off their cool Brembos...

I personally would want them for what they provide. Do they look cool, yes, but the black is easier to match to stock rears and doesn't stand out as much... :munch:

:spin:

If you could choose the color I'd say black or red, but since they come gold, gold it should be. To spend another $200 on them for that is nuts. OTOH, if you had a silver car, then I think the gold wd really look silly. but it's all subjective of course.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

If you could choose the color I'd say black or red, but since they come gold, gold it should be. To spend another $200 on them for that is nuts. OTOH, if you had a silver car, then I think the gold wd really look silly. but it's all subjective of course.

+1 ,,,,plus the gold looks good on the blue IMHO

I say leave them gold, think it would be too much trouble than its worth to repaint a perfectly good caliper. I think the nissan brembo upgrades for the z and spec v have the gold caliper and look fine.
...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

I'd say keep the gold, unless you can't stand it.

Gold goes well with almost all the colors. But Brembo does offer those calipers, IIRC, in black, red with white letters, and silver with red letters.

I would think the red would look good on almost all, but especially spec B silver. (to go with the whole silver and red theme...)

Archived