LegacyGT.com

07 spec. B speculation

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I would love to say...but since I work at a dealership I have this confidentiality thing I have to follow...

I will say this...in '07 it will have something it "should've" had to begin with as all the other countries where it's sold get this...and the interior won't be so "shocking" it's just be better...

...as soon as I get the "official" announcement on this, I post better details...but you should be able to figure it out if you are the smart!

So are you saying the '07 improvements will apply only to the spec B? Or will all 2.5gt models get these improvements?

Thanks for the teaser by the way!!

So are you saying the '07 improvements will apply only to the spec B? Or will all 2.5gt models get these improvements?

Thanks for the teaser by the way!!

The details I was given were only specific changes to the Spec-B standard equipment/features...

Hmmm, I am intrigued. I was looking at maybe picking up a 2006 Legacy GT 5MT wagon in the summer, but this news might make me hold off for the 2007s to see what is in store. I just hope the new nose isn't too nasty...

Not possible, I'm sorry to say, at least in the US. Subaru now offers the LGT wagon with AT only for 2006 models. You can still get an Outback 2.5 XT wagon with MT.

Not possible, I'm sorry to say, at least in the US. Subaru now offers the LGT wagon with AT only for 2006 models. You can still get an Outback 2.5 XT wagon with MT.

We still have the 5MT with the 2006 LGT wagon in Canada. We can only get the limited though, which is what I would want anyway.

We still have the 5MT with the 2006 LGT wagon in Canada. We can only get the limited though, which is what I would want anyway.

Lucky Canadians. I picked up the last, AFAIK, new 05 LGT Limited wagon in Maine. I switched from an 02 WRX, Cobb Stage II. Although I loved the WRX, I'm glad I made the move to the LGT. 650 miles so far. AP, stage I, TDC tune, stage II, Ion springs lie ahead!

I expect that whatever they offer in '07, whether it be another spec B or improvements to the GT, will become the undisputed stronger performer than the Mazdaspeed 6. I think that's a realistic assumption. They could probably do that with the spec B suspension & brakes, better tires than the RE92's, a 6-speed transmission, and better ECU tuning.

I know how to make the Spec B sell, for $37k

300 HP

6 speed manual

Nav

and a WAGON version, dammit.

A-men brother!!!

We all know that only real men with big clanking brass balls drive wagons!!!

Being packed in the back is not for C-Dan drivers!

More bass in your face!!!

MS - nice meeting you a CES!!

I didn't know the Spec B is selling slow.

What is slow?

What was SOA's expectations?

Why wouldn't a car that is basically the same as the LGT, but costs more - not sell slow?

Product differentiation between price points is an issue in any industry.

Surely someone in the marketing deptment of SOA must have a Marketing Degree - or at least watched some Trump TV.

God forbid they actually increase the HP, that might help them sell more cars - no I think they will take the easy way out and stuff a 6sp in it.

Yeah, that's it - then the Spec B could be just like a BMW or Audi - kinda...

Ya mon, put 300 hp in a Spec B, and for $36k - and SOA could then actually take some sales away from BMW and Audi.

Hell, make a Spec B wagon, then they would own the f-ing world!!!!

Being packed in the back is not for C-Dan drivers!

Uh, yeah, I'll leave getting "packed in the back" to you wagon guys...:lol:

Surely someone in the marketing deptment of SOA must have a Marketing Degree - or at least watched some Trump TV.

God forbid they actually increase the HP, that might help them sell more cars - no I think they will take the easy way out and stuff a 6sp in it.

Someone in the marketing department of SOA ought to be fired for screwing it up so badly. Now don't get me wrong, Spec B guys, it's a very nice car. I just think that it would have been much better received if it had been more of a performance-oriented package, like the Aussie "Liberty tuned by STi". If it had 285 hp (a simple ECU tune), better brakes, and a factory STi spring option, it would have really captured the imagination of Subaru enthusiasts and sport-sedan enthusiasts alike.

The funny thing is that the 6-speed is probably more expensive for SOA than giving the car more power.

Guys I would love to say...but since I work at a dealership I have this confidentiality thing I have to follow...

I will say this...in '07 it will have something it "should've" had to begin with as all the other countries where it's sold get this...and the interior won't be so "shocking" it's just be better...

...as soon as I get the "official" announcement on this, I post better details...but you should be able to figure it out if you are the smart!

Opie, any hope for us wagonmeisters in '07?

• 4 weeks later...
Legacy better come out with something very very nice, otherwise i'll be forced to get an M3 or teh porsche Cayman S...

RANDi

I don't understand why you are saying the above. Base MSRP on the M3 is 48,000 according to Edmunds.com, and base MSRP on the Cayman S is 58,900. Edmunds has the Spec. B MSRP at 34,000. You are saying that a car costing 14,000 less and 24,000 less respectively, better make vast improvements to entice you to buy. Would you be willing to pay the 10,000 or so to have a Subaru model more evenly compete with the cars you just mentioned? I doubt it. That would be a car that most Subaru customers would not consider, simply due to price. If you look at the Road and Track comparasion test, the Spec. B came in first (when price was factored in) to a select group of cars, including a BMW 325XI costing 40,000. These are the types of cars that the Spec. b should be compared to.

oye bhenchod....that was a left at devon u randi!!!

or i can send u a cd with hindi curses to play all day....gandu

i better put a disclaimer on this:

if u use those words to an indian..especially the first one...u will get ur ass handed to u in T-10...so dont say u werent warned u silly weetard

Yours speaks Hindi? Mine does Urdu

I was thinking that the horn would have the sound of Nelson's "ha-ha" when you pushed on it. I heard they have that in the spec. B in Japan. :lol:

damn u mustve got the hacked paki version....reformat and reload ...u'll be good to go...oh and be sure to check under the car for strapped terrorist bombers sponsored by ISI.

good luck

:icon_surp Now the LGTers have another word to call each other...gotta be the indians teaching the other kids the bad words in hindi, or other respective indian languages...its like this all over the country huh?

Isn't it enough that they call each ricers, dumba--es, and sometimes(alot) dont get along? :lol:

I know Devon...that's that street on Chicago right? OMG! It's craziness....

To stay on topic...I might pick me up a Spec. B when I'm out of school...looks promising...maybe...

Archived