LegacyGT.com

07 spec. B speculation

just so you guys know,

:lol: = HIDs, Mcintosh 13 speaker, alcantara seats, 6speed manual/6 speed auto, bilstein suspension, BBS wheels,navi, all with an MSRP of $31000!

It's amazing what you can say with a simple smiley. :icon_tong

Another Spec.B with even more bling and still the same zing? Let's hope not. Dealers probably still have half of this year's "limited sales" edition growing cobwebs.

(Still keeping fingers crossed for a LegaSTi)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is on the inside it will have the McIntosh system. Definitely not shocking...and we have seen this set up before, its just "better"

A second idea for the interior is Nav available with the MT.

Let's see...something that all the other markets have...now all the other markets do have a 3.0 spec. B, but is it something that "should have" been here from the beginning, I am going to go with no.

6Speed MT, it is something that all the other markets have, and we do keep complaining about needing a final gear to lower RPMs during highway cruising...i think that it is definitely a possiblity for '07 if not the front runner in this speculation.

HIDs...sure, would have been nice to have them but that is so minor that I don't think it is in the "shoulda had them" category.

Subaru has to be careful if they come out with a spec. B again. Even if they incorporate spec. B changes into the limited line, I think there isn't a market for three model legacys over here. Have the i, and GT. They canned the cloth version of the GT I think for that reason, and I think the slow sales of the spec. B are in many ways due buyers have another option in terms of model. When they find out that it doesn't have any more power...then people tend to shy away. We'll see what happens...Opie as soon as its an official announcement please let us know!

Ohh edit...spec. B in WRB only! With the JDM bumper or similar!

I think the mystery new feature is the 6-speed. Possibly HID's too. An N/A 3.0 H6 seems unlikely, as who would want that over the 2.5 turbo (okay, I'm sure there is somebody, but, in general, I think performance enthusiasts would prefer the 2.5 turbo)? A turbo H6 would be a whole other level of car, and I think Subaru will wait until they are ready to release a full-fledged ~$40K Legacy STi before they introduce such an engine. A slighly more aggressive ECU tune is a possibility, but I wouldn't really expect it, and it might be irrelevant anyway, with the aftermarket flashes available.

It could be anything, or several things.

Separate audio from ACC/McIntosh option. Again, should have, would make the interior "nicer" without changing it fundamentally.

three dial ACC, or at least separate ACC that works more intuitively would also fall under that category.

Folding rear seats is something we should have gotten.

IF it isn't limited to interior features that "it should have had", we could hypothesize several more things...

6MT, should have had it, does appear in some other markets.

Aluminum suspension arms, aside from Bilstein struts/shocks. Should have had it, other markets ALL get it, besides north america, IIRC. 20mm Rear sway bar would also be in that category...

Really good brakes... like 06 WRX brakes, or STI brembos... or at least something better than OE 05-06 Legacy...

HIDs would be something that other markets have, that we should have gotten. Nav available on GT models.

Better color choices... An interior color choice once again...

A 3.0R Legacy model...

we can go on and on here with features, equipment and models we should have gotten that could be included for the 07 model.

Personally, if they do it right... The Aluminum suspension will become standard, as well as some of the more basic interior improvements will become standard on the GT. Nav, HID, some of the rest will be optional on all models. to be available, but not mandatory.

Spec B will go to what the JDM spec B is, and will become an add-on package for all GTs, for bilsteins, 18" wheels, and an agressive looking front fascia.

This has definitely piqued my interest, as I AM one of those that has waited. Almost two years. More than two years when the sale will actually go down.

I am hungry to know every last bit I can find about the 07 offerings. I just hope I don't have to wait until December of 06 to get a real good price on one. August is more my time frame, and when they will be arriving at dealers.

If anybody has any info, that won't breach confidentiality, that may not be able to be broadcast to the whole board, please do PM me... Confidence will be kept as long as needed.

I know what you'll get. A casette player like we do :)

You'll probably get the navi as standard. I can't see your obsession with the six-speed gearbox. It really consumes a lot of petrol, not to mention that you have to shift all the time. I must say to it's defence though, it accelarates much quicker then my automatic. You'll also have to get the shortshifter if you really want to have fun.I for one am glad i choose the automatic

frak

I can't wait to see the standard e-mail responses from SOA when 06 Spec B owners write tocomplaing that the 07 is better. Should be priceless :lol:

Unless it has more under the hood the 07 will sell about as well as the 06. You only get one shot at a super-special top secret model.

frak

Those damned Cylons at SOA. Always screwing things up.

It's ok, though. If somehow the 07's suck, I am still reserving judgement to find a left-over 06 Spec B...

Even if the Spec B comes back... I doubt it will be the Double-secret-probation 1of500 edition...

Hopefully any and all of the real substantive changes will hopefully be transferrable for all the mod junkies around here...

"... Need.... INPUT!" - Johnny-5

"Less shocking interior" I'm thinking the reddish/orangish leather is going the way of the doedoe(spl?). The only way I see the car selling (to the general public) with that color interior is if the car is black.

I think for power it will have the standard JDM 276hp, any more could effect STI sales too much

As far as other changes, factory Navi and HIDs would raise the price too much. I could see more/different color options like WRB with black&blue interior, Obsidian Black with black&tan int, or the before metioned blanck with the current int.

Just some thoughts, flame as you see fit.

35th

Seriously, IT IS NOT ORANGISH.

Sorry if my slight color blindedness hit a nerve.

Anyway what ever the color IMO it does not go well with the exterior, and I don't think I'm alone. I like the ***ish color, it is nice and well done, I think matching it up with the chosen exterior is a mistake for the US market. Maybe if it were a true gunmetal it might work, but I think it would even look better in a white car than the current choice.

Hey all the other markets get a Legacy with good paint. Maybe that's what we will get![/quot

We'll get a twin turbo B8 before we get good paint.

Subarus have to be the only car that you can spray paint and improve the paint quality.

Archived