LegacyGT.com

07 spec. B speculation

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to see a 6 speed (NO AUTO OPTION) and an EJ50...or how bout just 300 hp. I think a 200 watt stereo would be nice too and maybe heated rear seats.

IF you wanna get picky, variable steering and thing that BMWs do so that you stop smoothly without having to relieve any pressure youre applying to the pedal. In addition to that heated wipers....if not already??

Forgot, HIDS are a must. How is the Legacy supposed to be taken seriously as a luxury vehicle without xenon?

The Legacy isn't a luxury vehicle. It is an entry-luxury performance vehicle. No car that has a 2.5l base engine and cloth seats on the base model is a luxury car. Do you ever see a cloth seated Lexus? If they wanted to go luxury, they would need a different platform, as the current one is not perceived as a luxury car platform. Just my way of saying I don't want HIDs. The money would be better spent on LED rear tail-lighting. By saying that the car cannot be considered entry-luxury without HIDs is saying that they are primarily for appearance.

Actually I am proclaiming the Legacy a luxury vehicle. An ex girlfriend recently sent me an ad from a 1986 Life Magazine. In the ad SOA marketed the GL as a luxury coupe. THE GL! Therefore since I have leather, woodgrain, and the heated washer fluid (but not wipers) I consider the Legacy as a luxury sedan. However, what would really do it for me would be rear butt massagers. hehehehe.

Agreed, LED tails would be cool and HIDs could be optional, as they are on many luxury cars.

BTW with regards to the variable steering, I read somewhere that for performance driving it's no bueno. :( I know that the Legacy is supposed to be catered for luxury, but with all that power, you gotta have fun sometimes! Can't let the direct steering feel disappear.
-ben

The Legacy isn't a luxury vehicle. It is an entry-luxury performance vehicle. No car that has a 2.5l base engine and cloth seats on the base model is a luxury car.

Actually Mercedes has a few vehicles with cloth seats as a base model.. The C class, the ML, and the new R-class too.. plus they don't come standard with xenons.. it's an option

what's the variable steering? describe it

Surely there's somone who can describe it better than me but Ill take a stab anyway.

Essentially your steering sensitivity varies. So if you were to jerk the wheel real hard to the right you wouldnt just completely swerve off the road. But when you need the sensitivity to vary and make a turn it does.

Variable steering is essentially variable steering ratios.

When you are driving slow, you have to turn the wheel a little to turn a lot.

When you are driving faster, you have to turn the wheel more to turn a little.

Catch my drift?

-ben

Re: mileage.

Consumer Reports:

Consumer Reports finds vehicles often get worse gas mileage than the figures listed on the manufacturer's sticker, especially for city driving. For example, a four-cylinder Chevrolet Malibu has an EPA estimate of 24 mpg in city driving, but Consumer Reports only achieved 16 mpg in our city test. That's one-third less fuel economy. The Dodge Stratus four-cylinder model is estimated to get 22 mpg in the city, but achieved just 14 mpg in our city test. And the four-wheel drive Nissan Armada, which the manufacturer's sticker says should get 13 mpg for city driving, got a mere 9 mpg in our test. That means driving around town, you'd get about 100 miles less on a tank of gas.

Hybrid owners haven't been exempt from feeling this pinch either. In our testing, we fell way short of EPA estimates of 60 mpg city and 51 mpg highway. Our Prius managed only 35 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway, with an average of 44 mpg overall. The Prius still provides the best fuel economy we've recorded in a five-passenger vehicle, but it's not nearly as high as the EPA figures would have you believe.

The Honda Civic Hybrid had similar results. Our tested 2003 Hybrid sedan with a CVT returned 26 mpg in the city and 45 mpg on the highway, with an overall average of 36 mpg. The EPA quotes 48 mpg city and 47 mpg highway.

"When we do our tests, it's on the road and it gives us a much more realistic evaluation of the fuel economy of each vehicle," says Champion. The EPA is currently re-evaluating how it measures fuel efficiency.

Hybrid owners may be particularly disappointed with their mileage, considering hybrids typically cost more than similarly sized and equipped conventional cars.

I've sort of wondered that... and I have heard that hybrids aren't living up to their astronomical fuel efficiency numbers.

We'll probably be lucky enough to have the EPA re-evaluate their procedure, and their new one will be closer to accurate, and lower across the board, and the greenie lobbyists will insist that current EPA targets in coming years should not only stay as high, but go higher, WIDENING the gap between actual and expectation, and feeding environmentalist's ire.

And meanwhile, as the car companies try to leap that wider gap, cars get more complex, more expensive, possibly less reliable and less powerful, and potentially less environmentally freindly overall... like more hybrids dumping more lead-acid batteries into the disposal system in a decade or two... Nobody seems to mention that...

On Gas Milage:

My brother's girfriend's Prius gets about 47 city. But Im not surprised at having lower than expected numbers. With only 68 horses you have to push that pedal to get moving.

As for My Legacy, well its rated 27 for the hwy and I get 30.

YAh. FAR, FAR from the topic.

I'll get us back...

Do you all think Opie is largely correct, that the 07 Spec B will be a full trim-line, not limited production, available in all the GT colors, and two interior color options (with already mentioned 6MT and feature upgrades...)

OR

Do you think Jon in CT is correct, that the 07 Spec B will have the technical upgrades, but be only Gray and black/blue color combo, and even MORE limited in numbers than the 06 Spec B.

Or Neither... I am feeling a little verklempt, talk amongst yourselves...

Archived