LegacyGT.com

07 spec. B speculation

why is this so important to you? and don't tell me because you have dogs or to haul large, heavy items, cause there's no way you're placing large, heavy items or letting your dogs stomp all over that beautiful audio equipment

Passing a mustang in a turbo LGT is one thing, doing it in a wagon is much funner.:icon_twis

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good points! We already compete with the G35 in my opinion though, at least in performance.

Yeah, that is true, but that published/advertized horsepower number still has a psychological effect on buyers, and the actual effect of 290-300hp is probably enough to really nail that coffin closed.

Stage 2 Legacy owners can probably attest to that...

Yeah, that is true, but that published/advertized horsepower number still has a psychological effect on buyers, and the actual effect of 290-300hp is probably enough to really nail that coffin closed.

Stage 2 Legacy owners can probably attest to that...

And then it sinks in to some buyers that they can have that performance in a useful WAGON, and some make the smart choice to go for it, some prefer the "looks" even though they could benefit from the usefulness.

Oh well, variety is the spice of life.

i'm going to laugh when the new legacy's come out with all these awesome new features -- BUT, it will also come with the new subaru front end, a beautifully hideous front grill.

anyways, i'd like to see some cool new stuff come added, but it will probably jack up the price even more.. and then we'll see even less of them out there on the road becuase people won't pay for it.

I am hoping 07 will be the sweet spot. a few more useful features than 05-06 (folding sedan seats, stereo input... both high confidence/confirmed.) but the schnozz isn't supposed to arrive until 08, and the full model re-fresh. 07 appearance wise doesn't sound like it will be much different in the appearance category than 05-06.

IF the schnozz doesn't get lambasted, and dropped by then. Rumors also have it that the Tribeca isn't being as well recieved as they had hoped, and it may be LOSING the schnozz for 08.

SO, I'd not count on anything set in stone just yet, appearance wise. the biggest clue will likely be preliminary concepts for an actual Impreza platform replacement (not the B5-TPS, which is even uglier) later this year or early next year, to see if subaru is sticking with the schnozz.

Fold down rear seats aren't that big a deal to me.

What is:

6MT

VDC

HID

Better stereo (iPod connect maybe?)

Better brakes (does not have to be Brembo)

MORE HP!!! (maybe 280 with the new "sport" mode engaged, etc.)

More Aggresive exterior differences - lip spoiler, wheels, etc.

Oh hell - sounds like a STI Legacy.. haha :lol:

More Aggresive exterior differences - lip spoiler, wheels, etc.

I kinda like the subtle and sophisticated styling of the Spec B, makes for a great Q-Ship for not raising the unwanted attentions of Johny Law. Leave the adolescent styling ques to the, well, adolescents and their STIs, and leave a more discreet SpecB for those of us beyond our Clearasil years. Better to spend those development bucks and efforts on genuine go-fast engineering rather than peacock pagentry pieces.

I think one of the coolest traits of the LGT/Spec B is its develishly sly performance personna as it stealthily evicerates any number of unsuspecting flashy show boaters.

Subaru can market the STI to the 18-30 year old age group, with all the attendant boy racer glitter that appeals to that demographic. Then market the Spec B to the 30+ crowd that doesn't need to have their performance ride look like some tuner clown show.

Of course, if anyone wants to pimp their Legacy to match their gold chains and backward baseball cap, many an aftermarket will be more than happy to relieve them of their money for whatever cheap fiberglass, stickers or bright shiny things their hearts desire.:icon_bigg

Goldchains? No! Oversized wall clock around my neck is how intend to match my vehicle to my personality.

Of course, wall-clock necklace, this ol geezer keep up with MTV a bit more.

But I do hope Subaru keeps the LGT/Spec B as a thinking man's sport sedan rather than pimp it up as some adolescent gland mobile.

I kinda like the subtle and sophisticated styling of the Spec B, makes for a great Q-Ship for not raising the unwanted attentions of Johny Law. Leave the adolescent styling ques to the, well, adolescents and their STIs, and leave a more discreet SpecB for those of us beyond our Clearasil years. Better to spend those development bucks and efforts on genuine go-fast engineering rather than peacock pagentry pieces.

I think one of the coolest traits of the LGT/Spec B is its develishly sly performance personna as it stealthily evicerates any number of unsuspecting flashy show boaters.

Subaru can market the STI to the 18-30 year old age group, with all the attendant boy racer glitter that appeals to that demographic. Then market the Spec B to the 30+ crowd that doesn't need to have their performance ride look like some tuner clown show.

Of course, if anyone wants to pimp their Legacy to match their gold chains and backward baseball cap, many an aftermarket will be more than happy to relieve them of their money for whatever cheap fiberglass, stickers or bright shiny things their hearts desire.:icon_bigg

Well said...although a few subtle differences can't hurt. But I do agree with you 95%! And FYI...I am 30 and already sold my STi... ;)

I don't think you are going to have reason to worry.

The lip spoiler people seem to be talking about is the lip spoiler from Japan that is pictured on the silver car in this site's header. Subtle.

Lip spoilers generally look more subtle and sophisticated than wing spoilers, even the modest wing spoiler the Legacy currently gets.

If the Legacy variants from around the world are any indication, I don't think the Legacy is going to get too "boy-racer" for you.

But having the Legacy GT Spec B looking a little more agressively sporty than the regular 2.5i and even the LGT, can't be a bad thing. The JDM 2.0 GT Spec B, STI-tuned, Blitzen, and 3.0R Spec B don't seem to do too badly with it...

SOA certainly isn't going to do anything as radical as the Gialla or Hipposleek body kits, or anything like that. There is a good chance, that aside from a trunk lip spoiler rather than the LGT wing spoiler... it might not be any different. the 06 Spec B certainly wasn't over-the-top, with color being the only differentiation. (and I hope the color department gets an upgrade on choice.)

And by more aggressive wheels... a half inch or an inch of extra width added to the spec B wheel would be nice. The design itself is nice, especially for an OEM wheel. Not exactly something that screams "pimp-my-ride".

Dang Rhumb, don't hate just because you don't like a certain type of car/style/group :icon_bigg

I am 38 and drive both a SpecB and an STi ('06). No gold chains (do where a tag watch though) and ball caps make my head look too fat so I don't wear those much either. My Spec B is perfect for daily commuting, going out and about, etc. but it can't touch the STi when it comes to track days, autoX and rallyX....especially in an all stock class. Yes people do actually buy these cars for these reasons.

Besides, you are only as old as you feel ;)

AutoX is starting up again with the BMW NCC. Usually down in bowie. This will be the first time with this group, even though I've been a member for a while now. Cheaper and more convenient than going to the track all the time.

RallyX I have not done with an STi. WDCR (SCCA) does it down in Orange, VA. Let my membership lapse after I broke my '98 OBS, but may give that a whirl later on too.

Archived