LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

If I have to rent all that and then haul it home in the wife's car it's probably a no go.  I have not used an airless sprayer in 30+ years.  Back then a Wagner Power Painter was about worthless.  I also need to apply oil based primer (if that makes a difference).  I know spraying would be far faster, I will look at HD.

I had to check as I have no intention of hammering finish nails into trim by hand. My finish nailer is electric.  It took 300ft of extension cord to reach the shed.  

Looking into a portable power station too as I suspect she won't be "ok" off grid for long. 

Did I mention that I literally hate painting?  I avoided it today my building a raised bed flower box with the left over 2x4s. I wrapped the inside and bottom with 4 layers of 6ml vinyl as the wood is not pressure treated but is in contact with soil.  

20240516_105131.jpg

• Like 2

Been considering payment options.  I am not a fan of digital wallets and the options I see for "easy" transactions. I don't expect people to bring cash to the meet and I don't have a cc processor anymore. 

I thought about accepting checks, but the wife reminds me that many people don't have check books anymore. Yes, I force my utilities, etc to accept and cash my check.  

I gotta get my butt in gear. Stickers are $1.33 each, tees are $11.66 and $13.78 ea.  I have $865 invested in schwag.  It was $750 last year.  Frigging inflation. 

Zelle is the easiest and no fees. It is directly through your bank. Log into your banking app and search for Zelle.

So many scams, everywhere.  I have PayPal, but it's still linked to the business.  I lose 15% of any money sent into the account right off the top.  I like cash.  Never had a problem spending it. 

Called local HD.  If an airless sprayer is available (they barely rent tools, there is no rental area just the pro desk) it's $65 an hour or $130 per day.  Knowing it will take a few hours to get everything set up it's obviously a daily rate.  With the amount of loss to overspray... rollers and brushes it is. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JJBerk said:

That’s why Zelle is good - no BS, straight to your account. No middle man. 

No protections, basically same as using cash.  Any errors and your money is gone.  Pooh ton of scams running. Not available for international use (our northern participants).  NFCU offers the service through their app, but they issue pages of warnings.  Having to state all the warnings about fraud make me hesitate.  

Has tech made our lives any better?  Or just easier for unscrupulous people and the rest of us more lazy? 

Some yahoo's were arrested yesterday for stealing $25m in crypto in 12 seconds. Remeber when you had to man up and physically rob a bank for a few thousand and then have the FBI after you?  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

No protections, basically same as using cash.  Any errors and your money is gone.  Pooh ton of scams running. Not available for international use (our northern participants).  NFCU offers the service through their app, but they issue pages of warnings.  Having to state all the warnings about fraud make me hesitate.  

Has tech made our lives any better?  Or just easier for unscrupulous people and the rest of us more lazy? 

Some yahoo's were arrested yesterday for stealing $25m in crypto in 12 seconds. Remeber when you had to man up and physically rob a bank for a few thousand and then have the FBI after you?  

I feel ya man. We have direct to individual money transfers here as well, on the lines of Venmo and Zelle, etc... for the longest time a password was mandatory, so you had a second layer of protection in a cash transfer.

Then over the past couple years they did away with even that, and the reciever (not the sender!) can have their account set up for auto deposit without a password. So if you get the email address or phone number, etc... wrong and send the money to the wrong person. That is it, forget about it. Tho, I think it is safer than meeting people on the used market with a wad of cash in your hand and hoping that nothing goes wrong on that account.

I can do international money transfers through my bank, which is just like wiring money, and the bank handles all of it, not some 3rd party app writer. We can chat about that when the time comes, since it does require an account and transfer number, which makes some people nervous for some reason, even tho that information is also on every cheque you write, so it's hardly secret. Hah!

• Like 1

I live in WV.  If anyone is feeling "frisky" they can try to rob you.  But...

West Virginia recognizes the right of persons who are 21 years of age or older, not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm, and United States citizens or legal residents thereof to carry a concealed weapon within the state without first obtaining a concealed handgun license (“CHL”).

Everyone is armed.  Some open carry.  Home invasions are non-existent/suicide.  My wife went to meet a Marketplace seller, she had to "holster" her 9mm to hand over the cash.  Seller responded, "thats a good idea".  Don't necessarily agree that firearms immediately make you safer (its more complicated than that), but they do make some people think twice.  I assume everyone is armed all of the time in my neck of the woods. 

• Like 1

If you don't want to use paypal I can bring cash, just need to know how much before we leave so I can get it exchanged.

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

I can certainly bring cash if you would prefer hand to hand exchange.  If you want, I could also send a money order.  Let me know what works best for you and we'll make it happen.

I am good with either cash or check, just let me know. Can bring check book, in case we go on a spending tree.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Is this list of attendees correct?  Want to figure out room accommodation prior to arrival(s). 

Member Party
boxkita 1
jjberk 1
tysparks81 3
KZJonny 1+1?
Enlight 1
infosecdad 1
JmP6889928 2
SubOperator 3
jaylew 1
m sprank 3
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, m sprank said:

He booked. I have him on the attending list. 

Clearly my reading skills are lacking today.

5 hours ago, m sprank said:

Who's @Rallywhale?  We got trolls under the bridge, newbs, or someone changed user names.  Too lazy to search.

But WELCOME to the party!

Not a troll! @SubOperator's oldest son with the red BRZ :D Just wanted to make an account so I could keep up with the discussion and share pictures after ECM - I'm planning on bringing all my camera gear again and hope to capture some memories :) 

• Like 6