LegacyGT.com

ECM 2024 planning thread

boxkita

28 minutes ago, Enlight said:

Is this a challenge?

Edit: Just saw @KZJonny's post 😆

After @m sprank's wife leads the wine tour, down a bottle of wine and place the empty bottle on the end of the deck. first one to fail in the water wins the "drunken stair stumble". Bonus points if the ambulance has to haul you up the hill from the very last step 

2nd challenge: about 3/4 mile/1km from dock is a tavern across the lake. Get a drink with out getting in a vehicle 

3rd challenge: empty the cooler before @m sprank

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Chronuss said:

Is the rental pet friendly?  Can't pull a Sprank and drive back and forth like last time.  Have the cost of beds/rooms been decided upon?  Are there anymore rentals nearby?

the ad said yes on pets with a deposit. still waiting on Sprank to work his magic with the owners. as well getting a floor plan.

might do a nightly rate per room depending on peoples commitments. idk how many can stay a whole week. 

i'm pretty sure @Enlight is budgeting for daily Watkins Glen track tours.

there are more rentals mearby. haven't tracked any of them down yet. Tent camping should be included in the price too

• Like 2

We are good with whatever the group decides on logging.  We can camp in the woods, but I know the wife would prefer a bed & shower.  As long as it falls  on  or before fathers day weekend we will be good to attend.

• Like 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

• 2 weeks later...

You all are really rocking on this.  I'm looking forward to finding out more and HOPEFULLY, I'll have a bit more time to visit the forums in the near future.  This has been a summer of one thing after another and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Enlight said:

Manual wagon (ABP/Taupe) listed for $500 in WV needing an engine

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1241895553148328/

if you show up with a trailer, i'm pretty sure you'll get help loading it and gas money for taking it away. that looks like frustration there :(

id pony up $100 to gift it to @m sprank ;)

• Haha 1

That looks like an M Sprank special right there, literally his preferred number for a cart. He can just tow it home with the 4 Runner!

Oh. Wait.....

Saddest thing, is looking that that from up here in the rust belt, that looks like it's maybe a perfect candidate for a shell swap for up here.... Definitely not worth the cost to get something like that up this way tho....

11 minutes ago, boxkita said:

@Enlight id in the shipping business. maybe he can hook you up?

Oh, he's already probably going to help out with some JDM bumpers if I can find a set on a Japanese auction...

He may have to bring the Suburban to the next ECM as well, so many people have been asking him to bring Leagcy junk along with him from the freight business up to Finer Lakes.

Maybe just a couple of round trips eh @Enlight?  😉

Edited by KZJonny
  • Haha 3

The wagon is few hours away, but good find.  I might call them on it. 

I spoke with the house owner.  He is sending out all his rental contracts in early November (he obviously runs a business based on renting the multiple vacation homes he owns).  Everything is good to go (so far). I requested a floor plan, he is working on it.  I suspect I might get a cocktail napkin drawing, lol. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, KZJonny said:

He may have to bring the Suburban to the next ECM as well, so many people have been asking him to bring Leagcy junk along with him from the freight business up to Finer Lakes.

Maybe just a couple of round trips eh @Enlight?  😉

I'm already envisioning renting a uHaul trailer 😁. Here's the latest bug to bite me...

chevy-crew-front-e1553055304963.thumb.jpg.5c153b4a78d6861cd50fede4fca3685f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, wow I have a lot to catch up on. Last I checked this was at like 3 pages long! Who knows if I will be in my LGT wagon for the next meet. Not getting rid of it, but might be pulling an @Enlight(car not being ready for the meet). I am getting sick of the oil burning (only been topping it off every fill up for 5 years now) and am in debate of 1) new short block, rebuild heads 2) just rebuild heads and send it 3) keep adding oil. I need to do a compression / leak down to determine if I go straight for the new short block.

• Like 3

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild