LegacyGT.com

LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup June 16-18 '23 - Spare Parts and WTB Thread

Infosecdad

Well, since this is partly my bad idea, I'll start. Not much of a list yet, but as I do work to prep the car for the trip to the meet, I'm sure it'll get longer.

My wish list for parts none of which is critical:

- side feed fuel rails and engine bay fuel pipes (stock), mine are okay, but rusty AF and it would be nice to have a set to clean up and coat in POR
(or since I'll be tuning before too long anyway, top feed conversion rails if anyone has some sitting around...unlikely, but you never know...)
- passenger side timing belt cover (or both)

- Anybody who's parting a Spec B or (less likely) an STi that has the wiring harness that goes from the Fuel Pump Controller to the pump... Supposed to have heavier gauge wiring and be a direct swap out for the LGT.

My list of spare parts would probably also be a little ridiculous, but it does fill a couple shelves, part of my garage and a pile in the backyard. I may have a problem..and you can help!

Edited by KZJonny
  • Like 1

My WTB for this is a fixed-caliper brake upgrade (Brembos i think is about it without going $$$$). Another WTB would be actual racing seats + belts.

I'll be bringing my spare Tomei ELH, but that's at the moment pending to Enlight. I don't think I actually have much else sitting around that needs to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have an idle thought that perhaps the group mind can answer.

I was considering getting a pressure bleeder for doing brake fluid changes, since I almost always do this solo, and the pump into a coke bottle method gets a little tiring. It's a bunch of money tho, and I can maybe live with doing things the hard way for a while.

BUT i also occurred to me that since our clutches are such a PITA to bleed out, that perhaps the pressure bleeder could do double duty on that as well, which would probably make the spend a whole lot more reasonable. I do not believe that there is an option on the list of caps that come with the bleeder that is going to fit the clutch master however, so I was think of getting a spare cap and drilling it out to accept any kind of fitting that will attach to the power bleeder, with some kind of glue/expoxy whatever to keep it all sealed up.

Somehow my random stash of parts doesn't have another clutch master cylinder cap on it. Most of the parts cars I've come across are auto.... I guess people hang on to their MT's a little more dearly...

SO... does anyone have a spare clutch MC cap that I can has to use in an experiment?

Edited by KZJonny

On 4/6/2023 at 7:20 PM, BoozeRS05 said:

’d say the bigger the better. I’d consider offering up my brand new OEM dash if anyone is interested.

Why is it that only when I am flat broke that things I want or need come up available!? 🙄

Edited by KZJonny

I’ve been slacking getting a proper response together.

I’d like to grab:

A backup rear subframe, go back to struts and springs and maybe even trade my FA500 coils, good condition rbp rocker covers, JDM rear bumper in any color. I’m sure there’s more I would trade or buy.

I have so much stuff it’s pretty ridiculous 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I’ve been slacking getting a proper response together.

I’d like to grab:

A backup rear subframe, go back to struts and springs and maybe even trade my FA500 coils, good condition rbp rocker covers, JDM rear bumper in any color. I’m sure there’s more I would trade or buy.

I have so much stuff it’s pretty ridiculous 

By rocker covers… do you mean the plastic sills below the doors?

I have:

A full 05 front end - fenders, bumper cover, fogs, support beam and headlight supports. Fenders are very clean, but clear coat is going.

Professionally rebuilt like new D25 heads. Just had these done at a well known shop near me. I’d prefer B25 heads bc I’d like to limit tuning needs in the future.

5mt LGT transmission with about 90k miles. Picked it up from another wagon owner looong ago, serviced at IAG. Bnib exedy stg1 clutch included for smfw setup. Also have all of the center diff bearings for full overhaul.

Full 08 LGT intake manifold and all associated bits, everything from my specB.

Grimmspeed port and polish, coated OEM exhaust manifold. Very nice and doesn’t fit our cars, but could fit with an FXT oil cooler?

FA500 coilovers on my wagon now, likely need to be rebuilt, but functionally work fine. I’d like to go back to struts and sport springs if anyone wants to work out a trade.

LGT momo steering wheel in average condition.

Engine wiring harness for 08 LGT.

Have extra - alt, starter, 05 stereo w/ aux, oem all-weather rubber mats, side and top feed injectors, LGT stock wheels. Think that’s about it.. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I have:

A full 05 front end - fenders, bumper cover, fogs, support beam and headlight supports. Fenders are very clean, but clear coat is going.

Professionally rebuilt like new D25 heads. Just had these done at a well known shop near me. I’d prefer B25 heads bc I’d like to limit tuning needs in the future.

5mt LGT transmission with about 90k miles. Picked it up from another wagon owner looong ago, serviced at IAG. Bnib exedy stg1 clutch included for smfw setup. Also have all of the center diff bearings for full overhaul.

Full 08 LGT intake manifold and all associated bits, everything from my specB.

Grimmspeed port and polish, coated OEM exhaust manifold. Very nice and doesn’t fit our cars, but could fit with an FXT oil cooler?

FA500 coilovers on my wagon now, likely need to be rebuilt, but functionally work fine. I’d like to go back to struts and sport springs if anyone wants to work out a trade.

LGT momo steering wheel in average condition.

Engine wiring harness for 08 LGT.

Have extra - alt, starter, 05 stereo w/ aux, oem all-weather rubber mats, side and top feed injectors, LGT stock wheels. Think that’s about it.. 

Let me take some photos of the sills on the parts car I have sitting out front. RBP is the '05 only dark blue yes (Royal Blue PearL?) I'm don't even know my own paint colour. They may or may not be better than yours, so I can DM or text photos to see if they're worth pulling off and dragging down. They are at least OG Subaru paint, so might be  worth having the extras so you can do paint correction on one set and still have some on your car in the meantime?

I also have 2x sets of B25 heads, so I'd be willing to part/trade away the ones that are not on my spare engine. They would need a cleaning/checkup, but there is no obvious damage to them that I cam see and cam journal wear looks to be about normal for a 24x xxx KM engine. Let me know about any of that.

If I had more room, or was willing to tow a trailer down with me to haul back parts (I am not, there are too many twisty road on the way down/back up), I'd find some cash for that trans, just to have a spare. As it is, you've got too much nice stuff that needs a home!!

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhat on topic, but tangential. What is a reasonable value (USD/CAD, whatever the group reckons) to pay for a parts LGT/OBXT. Assume motor runs, but needs overhaul and the interior is in good shape. Being Ontario, one should also assume the body is not going to be great. There are a couple in my general vicinity now that are not likely to be good candidates for overhaul, restoration because of the cost of engine overhaul, age and rust, but are also relatively low kms and would be good candidated for a part out. I don't have the space right now anyway, but it's a though for the future... when I have the space and time for that kind of work.

$2k usd.  Better be good parts. 

I passed on the two previously mentioned for sale cars as I have "tapped out".  One has a good engine, one has two good 6MT's.  3 interiors between the two and more.  If anyone is interested I will pass on the owners contact, PM me. 

On 5/4/2023 at 11:00 AM, m sprank said:

$2k usd.  Better be good parts. 

I passed on the two previously mentioned for sale cars as I have "tapped out".  One has a good engine, one has two good 6MT's.  3 interiors between the two and more.  If anyone is interested I will pass on the owners contact, PM me. 

NJ is close enough that part of me wants to ask about that 6MT, but I really can't justify it right now... I just don't think I'm going to find the limit of the 5MT on my build... Tempting tho.

I'll also add a couple things to the "I would like" list, although they are things I can probably get at the local scrapyard if I am lucky.

-front wheel inner guards, either side, but my left side is held together with drifters stiches, a fact I had forgotten and was reminded of when I took the front end apart and put it back together, Hah!

-lower engine tray for a GT

-lower engine tray for a 2.5i - for whatever reason mine didn't come with one, PO must have thrown it out. I've not seen one in a scrapyard yet. I suppose they are commonly disposed of with the first oil change?!? 🙄

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

I'll also add a couple things to the "I would like" list, although they are things I can probably get at the local scrapyard if I am lucky.

-front wheel inner guards, either side, but my left side is held together with drifters stiches, a fact I had forgotten and was reminded of when I took the front end apart and put it back together, Hah!

-lower engine tray for a GT

-lower engine tray for a 2.5i - for whatever reason mine didn't come with one, PO must have thrown it out. I've not seen one in a scrapyard yet. I suppose they are commonly disposed of with the first oil change?!? 🙄

I have two of the lower aero trays for a GT.

11 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

I have two of the lower aero trays for a GT.

I'd take one of those if it isn't a pain the throw it in the trunk. I have one, but it's fairly broken, and the only way to make it whole again will be some plastic weld and more drifters stitching. I suppose it's probably the easiest thing to just drive down without it and install at the campsite. Should only need a handful of bolts and some plastic push locks.

PM with price? Seems to be how this is going, tho I don't care about discussing that publicly as well. The stuff I'm trying to find isn't exactly high dollar, I don't think....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KZJonny said:

I'd take one of those if it isn't a pain the throw it in the trunk. I have one, but it's fairly broken, and the only way to make it whole again will be some plastic weld and more drifters stitching. I suppose it's probably the easiest thing to just drive down without it and install at the campsite. Should only need a handful of bolts and some plastic push locks.

PM with price? Seems to be how this is going, tho I don't care about discussing that publicly as well. The stuff I'm trying to find isn't exactly high dollar, I don't think....

I shouldn't have any trouble throwing it in, I should have the bolts/plugs needed as well.

(I need to start keeping a list as it's growing...)