LegacyGT.com

LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup June 16-18 '23 - Spare Parts and WTB Thread

Infosecdad

If you have room in that little car for a box of filter, I’m sure they’d all find homes.

I’d happily pick up a few of those Tokyo Rokis, probably be due for an oil change after this road trip.

8 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

Anyone have a set of lowering springs they want rid of? Perfect world, wagon springs - JDM pinks, ion, swift, but lmk what you’ve got otherwise.

I may have a set of pinks

I have saggy spacers if they’re not wagon springs. Lmk!

My last set of iON springs failed inspection bc a chunk had come off. Looked like a 5” section snapped off the bottom end coil and the car was maybe a quarter inch lower on that corner, but I had no idea otherwise 

2 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I have saggy spacers if they’re not wagon springs. Lmk!

My last set of iON springs failed inspection bc a chunk had come off. Looked like a 5” section snapped off the bottom end coil and the car was maybe a quarter inch lower on that corner, but I had no idea otherwise 

The set I have I bought off Rhitter and he said they were "Front two white dots (ST2033021000 ) rear two blue dots - wagon specific (ST2038021020)".

I can ship them to you or bring them to ECM if interested, just let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, boxkita said:

looking for a set of hella horns to upgrade my oem set.

i have a set at home if you want them back

Road trip made you horn happy?  I know the feeling. I ran triple air horns in my mini truck.  Not a full train set up, but enough to scare other drivers right into K rails. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boxkita said:

an idiot brake checking the parade of semi's I was in the middle of.

This thing. I am genuinely curious why this happens. I'm sure it must happen where I live as well, but I've never been witness to it.

Do you suppose people think if they get rear ended they'll "have the right of way" and win a lawsuit or something?

It just seems like a messy way to die to me. Dunno.

• Confused 1

In a state where tailgating is a birth right, it made no sense. The semi was literally a foot off his bumper. Traffic had come upon this scene at highway speed. That no one hit anyone or thing was amazing.

As I got clear, the collective group engaged horns. My meager horn was useless but geez

Seattle uses brake checking to reinforce the speed limit. The other reason to brake check is to punish cellphone drivers doing 20 under. The train horn would be more effective, I think.

I love all the "brake check gone wrong" videos.  With dash cams, asshats looking to collect insurance claims get to go to jail instead. 

Cant say I have been or seen a brake check in WV.  But, it is also legal to tri-pod mount a Barrett 50caliber to your pick up bed here.  Everyone knows that everyone is armed.  There were 9 reported violent crimes in town last year. 

I would not brake check anyone in WV.  Maryland though, dont get me started.  Airhorns are popular in my area.  So are bed mounted dual 6" smokestacks and diesels "roiling coal" .  Sooooo many diesel duallys and 2500s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a new, minor one.

Anyone have a "parts" harness for a non-vdc car?

The orange silicon seal/gasket in my ABS harness is split. Probably not a thing, and I'm sure there are plenty in scrapyards, but I won't have time to get to one soon in any case. Just figured if there is one that is not wanted, I'd swap out the broken one for peace of mind.

Does anyone have a hella style horn bracket or wiring harness for them?

I know I can wire them into the stock location, but will probably put them behind the grill either before we leave or when I get down to the ECM.

• Like 1

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

Never purchased a harness or bracket.  Always made my own.  Use a single pole double throw relay (12v coil).  OEM horn signal to the coil, 12v from battery to both poles and then to the Hellas. Ground off the Hellas to the rad core support.  Flat bar stock aluminum works for a bracket.  Can be shaped if necessary.  Paint flat black or use truck bed liner in a rattle can (preferred). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m sprank said:

Never purchased a harness or bracket.  Always made my own.  Use a single pole double throw relay (12v coil).  OEM horn signal to the coil, 12v from battery to both poles and then to the Hellas. Ground off the Hellas to the rad core support.  Flat bar stock aluminum works for a bracket.  Can be shaped if necessary.  Paint flat black or use truck bed liner in a rattle can (preferred). 

I was looking for less work not more, but I may go that route if I get some free time to do it. 

#LGTSTi is still cheaper and nicer then an equal year wrxsti

Follow my 2007 Spec B. Build here

• 4 weeks later...