LegacyGT.com

Fenrir1 06' Spec B Build TBSTI Replica

Fenrir1

34 minutes ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Good to know, thank you for sharing! I’ve got some on the way so it’s nice to know where the best spots to put these are. 😁 Where do these plug in at?

Imo the light wont spread as much

Screenshot_20240228_155131_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Thanks 2

@SoobyDoobyDoo Here's a visual for reference. I can't remember where exactly off the top of my head but they tap in so they also illuminate with your courtesy lights when you open the doors.

@Fenrir1 The LED bulbs can be changed without soldering if you're interested in changing up the color. I'm doing red on my set to match the rest of the interior. Always found it funky that they did did the red and blue interior light combo.

1.thumb.jpg.1fc470e8d8b44272a756f1a7a78111b8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

@SoobyDoobyDoo Here's a visual for reference. I can't remember where exactly off the top of my head but they tap in so they also illuminate with your courtesy lights when you open the doors.

@Fenrir1 The LED bulbs can be changed without soldering if you're interested in changing up the color. I'm doing red on my set to match the rest of the interior. Always found it funky that they did did the red and blue interior light combo.

1.thumb.jpg.1fc470e8d8b44272a756f1a7a78111b8.jpg

Where can i get replacements? I was gonna get a red set as backup for when these go out. Its actually blue and soft white colors which is interesting

2 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Thanks for the info @Fenrir1 and @DoctorDaveLGT! I was wondering about that myself…I thought about swapping for red or even just natural/white. Good to know these can be swapped without soldering. 

Here are more pics on where the lights actually supposed to go courtesy from Zero1jdm

IMG_20240228_202423_502.jpg

IMG_20240228_202417_376.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Uh….yeah. Might be swapping those. I think it’s not as clear since that photo was taken when it was still light out, but that spread seems thin. I’m sure you could swap the bulbs for more light spread.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Uh….yeah. Might be swapping those. I think it’s not as clear since that photo was taken when it was still light out, but that spread seems thin. I’m sure you could swap the bulbs for more light spread.

tbh if i had known the oe positioning, i wouldve had it installed there too but it is what it is, current positioning isnt terrible

Edited by Fenrir1

I don't think the position for the fronts is a bad idea. Would imagine that would lead to less wear/tear and accidental kicks from both driver and passenger compared to dead center. The rears I would definitely prefer the lower B pillar vs. where you have them for that same reasoning.

• Like 1

Alright, have to report back with a correction. I was misinformed on the footwell lights. The blue bulbs are soldered in and the white incandescent bulbs are the ones that can be easily replaced. Got a little hands on with it at the shop. Putting in the red LEDs makes an interesting light but I may cut the blue bulb connector to just run white lights only or maybe work up the muster to try and solder in a different color bulb, but that's not a priority at the moment.

731032297.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

Alright, have to report back with a correction. I was misinformed on the footwell lights. The blue bulbs are soldered in and the white incandescent bulbs are the ones that can be easily replaced. Got a little hands on with it at the shop. Putting in the red LEDs makes an interesting light but I may cut the blue bulb connector to just run white lights only or maybe work up the muster to try and solder in a different color bulb, but that's not a priority at the moment.

731032297.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

Good to know! Thanks!

Are the housings blue? They kinda look blue from the pics the way the light is going through them. Either way, I’ll have to fool around with them when they come in. Appreciate the info from both of you! This is good stuff! 

44 minutes ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Are the housings blue? They kinda look blue from the pics the way the light is going through them. Either way, I’ll have to fool around with them when they come in. Appreciate the info from both of you! This is good stuff! 

Nope lens is clear. Bulb is blue with soft white in the back

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I waited over a friggin year for this due to vendor saying it kept getting pushed back and forgot about it to they dont know when its coming but since i didnt mind waiting, i kept my order and they proceeded with it. Today, it finally came. This was inspired by gears&gasoline Ben's evo9, when i saw he had one on, i went searching to see if they made it for the legacy and voila they did.. i will probably put this on whenever i feel like it or when i swap the front end to the jdm bumper. An example of what it will look like with it on, unfortunately i couldnt find one without the beam in the way. 

20240301_220951.jpg

684492fm.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Got the sti flexible lower arm bar that goes underneath the car and got the jdm tail lids as well. I think i like em and might stick them on once i get them paint matched. What do yall think? 

IMG_20240313_005850_760.jpg

IMG_20240313_005947_349.jpg

IMG_20240313_010006_980.jpg

IMG_20240313_010045_121.jpg

IMG_20240313_010133_381.jpg

IMG_20240313_010216_191.jpg

IMG_20240313_010225_709.jpg

IMG_20240313_010236_246.jpg

IMG_20240313_010249_090.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1

1 hour ago, Febreze Mee said:

I def prefer your car without the garnishes. 

haha the fronts are def not going on but i do kinda like the rear ones for some reason

18 hours ago, apalileo said:

@Fenrir1 what is the purpose of the Cusco front bar? Is it somehow attached to the chassis differently from the crash beam?

it probably stiffens the front end and lessens chassis flex but probably wont feel it as much. it also looks great even though you wont be able to see it lol 

I think that bar links together the front control arms to try to stiffen the front end a bit.  There are a couple of variants of that idea, I have a different STi bar in that location.