LegacyGT.com

Fenrir1 06' Spec B Build TBSTI Replica

Fenrir1

4 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

HIDs look good! Was driving in the rain while it was dark this morning and I was thinking that’s something I need to do…like the clears too. 

thanks! but believe it or not, theyre actually LED

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fenrir1 said:

good to know!!

+1! I’ve got a spare set of oem headlights I was going to clear, remove haze on, then get some clear film to seal. Did you have trouble aligning them? How’s the cut off?
Thought about doing a HID retrofit but after doing some research I didn’t like the idea of retrofitting non-HID lights when I could get a set of real LHD HIDs for about half the price…plus they’re actual HID headlights. Think I might try the LED bulbs and see how that goes first.

I e run the “retro-quick” setup from TheRetrofit Source for 10 years or so and they are good but also comes at the cost of additional wiring, ballast, and opening headlights to install the shields and lenses. It’s a good setup with great output but requires mounting and hiding all that bs.  If I had the option to do it again I would go to a modern led setup. 

• Thanks 1
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

4 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

+1! I’ve got a spare set of oem headlights I was going to clear, remove haze on, then get some clear film to seal. Did you have trouble aligning them? How’s the cut off?
Thought about doing a HID retrofit but after doing some research I didn’t like the idea of retrofitting non-HID lights when I could get a set of real LHD HIDs for about half the price…plus they’re actual HID headlights. Think I might try the LED bulbs and see how that goes first.

tbh i went the quick and easy route as i bought depo clear no amber headlights (and they look great), got them ppf'd, and put LED in (lowbeam and switchback turn signal) and call it a day. the LED i went with are actually from my buddy's shop. he has his own logo branded LED made from china but theyre bright as hell. I tried a couple LED before and they were not as bright as the ones i have now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Code said:

I e run the “retro-quick” setup from TheRetrofit Source for 10 years or so and they are good but also comes at the cost of additional wiring, ballast, and opening headlights to install the shields and lenses. It’s a good setup with great output but requires mounting and hiding all that bs.  If I had the option to do it again I would go to a modern led setup. 

i actually had my forester buddy retrofit my forester headlights using retrofitsource projectors and wiring, D2H XB 5k HID bulbs with D2S AMP ballasts  https://www.subaruforester.org/threads/sg9-forester-sti-replica.526953/page-5#post-7898039

17 hours ago, Fenrir1 said:

tbh i went the quick and easy route as i bought depo clear no amber headlights (and they look great), got them ppf'd, and put LED in (lowbeam and switchback turn signal) and call it a day. the LED i went with are actually from my buddy's shop. he has his own logo branded LED made from china but theyre bright as hell. I tried a couple LED before and they were not as bright as the ones i have now. 

This was what I was planning on doing. I found a pair of oem outback headlights on the local FB marketplace for $25 last summer. I thought about HID retrofits since I was planning on opening them but that can be done later, I’ve e got too many other things I’d like to get done first. 

ps-love your forrester, that car is nicely done!

Edited by SoobyDoobyDoo
  • Like 1

IMO it’s not worth it to go HID anymore. LED tech has come a long way.  No external ballasts or relays to go bad, they’re cheaper, no messy wiring to hide away,  and run cooler I haven’t had many issues with my retro quick setup but it’s been enough to turn me off. They’re headlights. They should always work, every time. LED is a simpler answer than HID to the same questioN.  MY F150 has factory LED headlights and they’re as good, if not better, than my LGTs HID. 

I agree. ☝️ nice forrester. 

• Like 2
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

2 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

This was what I was planning on doing. I found a pair of oem outback headlights on the local FB marketplace for $25 last summer. I thought about HID retrofits since I was planning on opening them but that can be done later, I’ve e got too many other things I’d like to get done first. 

ps-love your forrester, that car is nicely done!

Thank you!! 

Been driving the forester for the week while the legacy is in the shop for maintenance. Its been 10 years since the forester seen snow. Its so fitting driving it in the winter.

IMG_20240118_225853_409.jpg

IMG_20240118_225840_423.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_205317_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

What’s that yellow thing on the left? That’d be a sweet background, awesome forrester!

whoops, it was editing lol. there fixed it and thanks!

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 1

New o2 sensor, power steering pump, clutch slave and master and installed brembo calipers and new brake pads, rotors and ss brake/clutch lines! Also got a cf trunk emblem

IMG_20240117_152225_895.jpg

IMG_20240117_152218_460.jpg

IMG_20240119_210306_531.jpg

20240118_223625.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Code said:

Where did you get that trunk emblem? Would go great with my other CF

came across it on japan auctions. all of my jdm bits are from japan auctions lol

• Like 1

Added the Bilstein emblem to the engine bay instead of exterior and a genuine S402 sticker. I know its not the correct time period car as this is a 2006 legacy but idc it looks nice lol

IMG_20240121_125157_199.jpg

IMG_20240121_125224_288.jpg

IMG_20240121_125245_214.jpg

• Like 2

Slash cf side mirror cover and ARC? cf hoodscoop extension on! Finally got them clearcoated. This cant be made by ARC cuz the fitment is horrible lol the left side have excess sticking out.. oh well..

IMG_20240129_231600_219.jpg

IMG_20240129_234956_906.jpg

IMG_20240129_235013_488.jpg

IMG_20240129_235040_719.jpg

IMG_20240129_235055_628.jpg

IMG_20240129_235225_999.jpg

20240128_010604.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 1

S402 184/402 badge plate on. I know it doesnt make sense to put s402 stuff on but its nice and pretty and rare af so whatever idc enjoy. Some guys on fb head exploded when i showed them the 402 engine cover lol

IMG_20240129_235301_281.jpg

IMG_20240129_235420_629.jpg

IMG_20240129_235438_979.jpg

• Like 3

So surprisingly and interestingly, the koyorad had a crack on it and started leaking coolant.. i did put 30k hard miles on it but still.. it shouldnt fail sooner than the mishimoto i have on my forester for years. I was suggested to go with csf radiator and thats what i did. 08'-15' wrx sti fitment, 42mm 2-row aluminum rad.

20240129_234236.jpg

IMG_20240129_235904_465.jpg

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 3

Did you csf come with a small rubber adapter? I ditched mine for a denso cause I didn’t like that…denso unit fit perfectly. Curious though if the csf offers any sort of cooling upgrade over stock while being smaller than a koyo.
Don’t want to think about what that s402 engine cover cost to bring over…but I will say, it looks great in your engine compartment. It really goes nicely with the color of the car. Not a lot of cars can pull that off like DGM! Well played, sir. 
Do the guys at the dealership come out and ask you about the car? I get one every now and again that asks about mine when I’m up there…course yours has a whole lot more curious and hard to find bits on it.😁

3 hours ago, SoobyDoobyDoo said:

Did you csf come with a small rubber adapter? I ditched mine for a denso cause I didn’t like that…denso unit fit perfectly. Curious though if the csf offers any sort of cooling upgrade over stock while being smaller than a koyo.
Don’t want to think about what that s402 engine cover cost to bring over…but I will say, it looks great in your engine compartment. It really goes nicely with the color of the car. Not a lot of cars can pull that off like DGM! Well played, sir. 
Do the guys at the dealership come out and ask you about the car? I get one every now and again that asks about mine when I’m up there…course yours has a whole lot more curious and hard to find bits on it.😁

that im not sure, i just let the shop i always go to that specialize on subarus do all the work lol so whatever they did, i trust it. Actually this is about the same size 2-row as koyorad. and thank you! i thought the same! the color scheme of the cover matches the car, the strut bar and engine bay overall, which is why i didnt mind putting it on the car and one of the reasons why i got it. but the guys in this particular facebook group are mad as hell that i have these S402 stuff in my engine bay haha. im like its purely for aesthetics relax.. when i went to the dealership, it was late at night so most ppl were gone for the day but i was showing it to the salesperson/my buddy that sold me the car and another person that works there was looking at it too mesmerized by it after the car wash. i will go again this weekend to get a new key fob so we will see the attention it will draw haha

Edited by Fenrir1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1