LegacyGT.com

SPEC-B with PINKS installed REVIEW.....OMG !!

RaceComp Engineering

Just too add....any one in the tri-state area with a LGT that has Bilsteins & Pinks installed?

I am also interested in seeing this set up as well (ride quality). I am willing to pull the trigger for Spec B Bilsteins and Spec B Pink Springs but I really want to see if its really worth it and if I will get the ride I used to have in my Audi.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm... maybe I should make the drive... You wouldn't happen to be around on Saturdays would you? :)

Better yet, will you drive to me for good beer? :D j/k

Otherwise, I'll hafta take a week off and set aside one of those days to check out the suspension.

i have an 05' legacy with pinks installed....i plan on trading my car in for the 07' spec B and put the stock springs back on...however will this not be the amazing suspension set up everyone is talking about if the pinks aren't "spec B" specific?

RaceComp Engin.....would you be able to answer this question for me?

i have an 05' legacy with pinks installed....i plan on trading my car in for the 07' spec B and put the stock springs back on...however will this not be the amazing suspension set up everyone is talking about if the pinks aren't "spec B" specific?

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION for anyone who knows...

Are the springs in the Spec B the same springs as used in the LGT?

Same part#?

Curious why they would change so many pieces of the suspension and then leave the stock springs in.... doesn't make sense.

Like OC details said earlier.. now we pay extra for this car and it doesn't even have performance springs. Now I would need to shell out 400 plus for a set of pinks and unless I do the install myself pay an additional 100-200 for instlalation and then another 100 for alignment. I'm up to nearly 700 or more for springs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I also here that a new set of brake pads make a huge difference...

I'm guessing I can find those at gtworx.com

Spec B brakes are the same as LGT also?

Come on Subaru...

Checklist for 2008 Spec B

NICELY matched performance springs-CHECK

Brembo Brakes standard-CHECK

300 HP- CHECK

THROATY free flowing Exhaust-CHECK

Short Throw Shifter--CHECK

Stiff rear sway bar-CHECK

Now that's a starrt....

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the pinks installed on my spec. B. :icon_bigg

Myles' words are true. Slightly lower (.5 in.), flatter cornering, and rough roads are no longer an issue. Feels a little closer to the stiffness of the WRX STi suspension. The car just feels better and more protected from our imperfect roadways. Cornering is much more enjoyable. ;)

-25% luxury

+50% performance

Thanks Racecomp.

ProTUNED by RaminiSports :icon_mrgr

QUESTION for anyone who knows...

Are the springs in the Spec B the same springs as used in the LGT?

Same part#?

No they are different, each suspension (struts/springs) are a matched set.

SpecB Front Spring: 20330AG720

LGT Front Spring: 20330AG02A

SpecB Rear Spring: 20380AG540

LGT Rear Spring: 20380AG01A

Like OC details said earlier.. now we pay extra for this car and it doesn't even have performance springs. Now I would need to shell out 400 plus for a set of pinks and unless I do the install myself pay an additional 100-200 for instlalation and then another 100 for alignment. I'm up to nearly 700 or more for springs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said above, the SpecB springs (and struts) are a matched performance suspension setup for the "masses". Some people want something a little "different", lower, firmer whatever. You wouldn't need to "shell out" anything extra if you didn't want something different.

Spec B brakes are the same as LGT also?

Yes.

But to be fair, the Spec B had an upgraded front pad in it...and then Subaru discontinued the LGT front pads and updated the parts listings with the SpecB front pads.

Come on Subaru...

Checklist for 2008 Spec B

NICELY matched performance springs-CHECK

Brembo Brakes standard-CHECK

300 HP- CHECK

THROATY free flowing Exhaust-CHECK

Short Throw Shifter--CHECK

Stiff rear sway bar-CHECK

Now that's a starrt....

thanks

NICELY matched performance springs-Already has

Brembo Brakes standard-people already bitch at the price of the SpecB, are they willing to pay 1-2k more?

300 HP- The STi is Subaru's Performance car, not the Legacy

THROATY free flowing Exhaust-It will be an option one day (when Bosal gets it right).

Short Throw Shifter--It's optional if you want it.

Stiff rear sway bar-Not gonna happen in our litigious society

:D

quick question for those who have experience this awesome setup (blisten + pinks). I see a lot of comparison to WRX Sti, but i haven't had to chance to ride in a Sti. I have test driven the WRX, how does it compare in terms of ride quality and performance?

quick question for those who have experience this awesome setup (blisten + pinks). I see a lot of comparison to WRX Sti, but i haven't had to chance to ride in a Sti. I have test driven the WRX, how does it compare in terms of ride quality and performance?

It is similar to an STI but with much better ride quality and slightly less performance (than the STi).

Just got the pinks installed on my spec. B. :icon_bigg

Myles' words are true. Slightly lower (.5 in.), flatter cornering, and rough roads are no longer an issue. Feels a little closer to the stiffness of the WRX STi suspension. The car just feels better and more protected from our imperfect roadways. Cornering is much more enjoyable. ;)

-25% luxury

+50% performance

Thanks Racecomp.

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying them.

- andrew

Just called GTWorx a few minutes ago and ordered a set. Looking forward to getting these on my car in the next several weeks!

Since I don't know of any installers in PA, I'll probably just take a day to visit RaceComp/GTWorx and then schedule an alignment for the same day... whenever that may be.

For those who have installed these, what kind of alignment numbers can I expect? The GTWorx sales rep told me there is some room for adjustment in the front, and little to no adjustment in the rear.

With only 15mm of lowering, the change should be minimal, and even beneficial. I just have a not-so-fun factory alignment right now... running close to 0 deg. camber all around. -1 deg. would be good to have.

• 2 weeks later...
There are non-Spec B pinks available...the Spec B ones are specific to the Bilstein equipped car.

That's inaccurate info. SpecB Pinks are matched for JDM SpecB Legacy. Non-SpecB Pinks are matched for JDM GT. Both JDM GT and SpecB have Bilsteins! Just tuned differently.

Now, surprise: 2006 USDM SpecB = JDM GT Rev.C -- at least as sturts/shocks are concerned

Here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/suspension-brakes/38621-rev-c-jdm-gt.html?highlight=jdm+rev

I am not sure if springs are the same, can't find info about color codes for 2006 USDM SpecB springs.

That's inaccurate info. SpecB Pinks are matched for JDM SpecB Legacy. Non-SpecB Pinks are matched for JDM GT. Both JDM GT and SpecB have Bilsteins! Just tuned differently.

Now, surprise: 2006 USDM SpecB = JDM GT Rev.C -- at least as sturts/shocks are concerned

Here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/suspension-brakes/38621-rev-c-jdm-gt.html?highlight=jdm+rev

I am not sure if springs are the same, can't find info about color codes for 2006 USDM SpecB springs.

I have info that says otherwise, but I mind you thinking I am wrong. Having had both in my hands and on the press, I feel differently.So for what ever its worth...

I have had all of them apart and in my hands with an audience of us shaking our heads. Having tried all of these I have my opinions. Having talked to my supplier in Japan, I have learned alot also. So again,....I feel ya,....you are right...for what ever its worth.

Myles

Archived