LegacyGT.com

SPEC-B with PINKS installed REVIEW.....OMG !!

RaceComp Engineering

I still feel that SOA sold the USDM Spec B without all the bells and whistles of it's JDM counterpart. I mean, don't you feel a little gipped for not having a Spec B without matching springs STi springs?

Maybe I am treading too deeply on an STi Legacy vs. just a Legacy with "Bilstein" parts on the car. To me, I feel that the Spec B is really falling short of its name...

Yeah, I agree, but when you can get the car below invoice, its a better starting point than a GT. Notice, I have never really spoken of the "value" behind it. I never really modded the GT because I felt it was such a long uphill climb. At least this car comes with the foundation for a good project,..but yes at a premium.

Myles

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone else wondering whether SOA upgraded the rear sway on the 07, as well as if the rest of the suspension is exactly the same?

I am of the mindset that SOA thinks the GTB suspension is already good as it gets. My money is on SOA not changing the suspension set up at all.

pinks on bilsteins are still amazing, and will be hard to improve on...

I could'nt agree more. I added the pinks + the jdm sway over the weekend, my GTB feels like an entirely different car now :icon_bigg

SpecB Pinks for SpecB Bilsteins FTW!! I've had mine since January and i love the ride. The handling is great when you decide to get on it. A great mod if i say so myself.
ME TOO!! Mine is uber-smooth yet good-n-tight!

Can someone please post the price of the spec B Blisteins and Spec B pinks? I have a "regular" LGT, and would be interested in fitting it with the blisteins. thanks

What about this link?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22587

This won't be a true conversion will it? There are arm links, and upper links to worry about right? I understand that you can get a full set of front and rear struts, 2 front spring seats, and a set of Sti Pinks for about $1999. Would this accomplish a Spec B setup with Pinks on a regular GT?

Does anyone in the Philly area have an LGT with Bilsteins & Pinks installed? I'd like to see what the ride quality and ride height is like in person. $400 isn't bad for just springs.

After having my specB for only a month, I miss the Euro suspension in my R32. I think the STi pinks would work nicely and get the ride and handling somewhere around the level to which I've grown accustomed.

Archived