LegacyGT.com

Ethan Nakaya's 2008 QSM Spec B

I've been wondering about whether there are anti-seize compounds that are used for their electrical conductivity. I'm aware they have metallic particles in them but haven't found anything conclusive re: actual conductance. It would be useful in these bolt holes and other grounding locations.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

5 hours ago, 08Spec_B said:

Got some evo pics for you guys ha. Mostly full interior (from front seats forward) and the car is fully caged as well. 

20230128_150043.jpg

20230128_150056.jpg

20230128_150030.jpg

Even in that neon fast and furious lime, still love it…can I say that? Lol. That color reminds me of Paul Walkers eclipse in the first one. Getting rid of the wing does tone it down. Still a sweet car, thanks for sharing and posting! Also that’s a nice looking square body also in the shop. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple hours free and was able to finish setting valve lash, get covers all sealed up, set timing, and picked up the freshly rebuilt BNR 20g from Richard Williams. Man, I love the TIC cam bolts, I didn't even think twice about torquing them down.

Going to have to get some Banjo 90° ORB to 10 AN fittings for the chase bays oil cooler plate since it interferes with the inner timing cover with the supplied straight fittings.

Also was able to find another set of JDM option winkers, this time in light blue so that's pretty nifty. I dont need them so they'll likely be up for sale shortly. 

20230207_184112.jpg

20230208_202659.jpg

20230201_140915.jpg

• Like 5

Haven't had much time to throw at the car, with the business and life in general, but did have a couple minutes to swap on the new custom forged CF wheel and k2 gear emblem. I ended up doing a Forged CF lower to match the rest of interior, perforated sides with non-perforated top section. More of an oem+ kinda feel.

Also finished up the last of the 3 things needed to keep the airbag light off when aftermarket seats are installed since I'll be putting some corbeaus in within the next couple months. This occupancy sensor manual bypass allows you to manually simulate an empty or occupied seat. Based on the pics im sure you can tell which was the first one done lol. The first is never as pretty. Got enough materials to make a couple so once they're tested I'll have some to sell.

20230215_150623.jpg

20230215_195051.jpg

20230216_163522.jpg

20230216_163533.jpg

Edited by 08Spec_B
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Have made some good progress since the last update. Motor has officially been dropped in, had planned to start up last weekend but my shitimoto rad decided to give up the ghost while filling up with coolant so there is a Koyo with my name on it on the way. 

More fun parts added/aquired since the last time: Blitzen black sun visors and c pillars, Greddy/Trust master cylinder cap, jdm battery and power steering covers, Liberal Albero trunk mat, STI option front strut bar and lower subframe brace, unbranded master cylinder and clutch master braces. 

20230326_111139.jpg

20230326_111153.jpg

20230322_123120.jpg

Notes_230326_094624_760.jpg

20230326_113935.jpg

• Like 4

Got the Koyorad installed (much higher quality than mishimoto) and first startup/first bit of break in has gone great, minus a little oil leak fiasco from my stack of sandwich plates I had on. Put about 50 miles on it but still having an issue where I can't get it to idle. Going to try and idle relearn but never had to do one in the past with disconnected batteries so not sure if that'll do it. I believe my battery is getting tired, only holds 11.6-12v while driving and cranks very slowly.

Exedy twin disk feels awesome, cant wait to do a launch or two to settle in the engagement point. It is pretty noisy in between shifts or reving with clutch in but that was expected. 

Also, got the outback hood installed. I dig it, can't wait until its all one color! 

20230401_011033.jpg

• Like 4

The car is up and running finally! So far I have about 100 miles on the setup and its running great. First oil change looked good and nothing worth noting on the magnetic oil plug, so the fumoto valve went back in. Idle and charging issue was been resolved after cleaning up more of the mounting surfaces on the alt bracket.  

Note, the exedy twin disk are very noisy between shifts or on decel lol. 

20230402_181407.jpg

• Like 6