LegacyGT.com

Headlight issues

Hey everyone. I have a 2013 legacy that I love but driving at night is brutal. I have a thick film over my headlights and even with brighter bulbs it’s like I can barely see. I would like to upgrade the lighting but I’m not really sure what is out there for options. Do I just get replacement headlights or is there something out there better to upgrade too.

Are they faded/yellowed or is there a rock protection film on top of the headlight plastic? If the former, maybe start with a headlight restore kit?

I have no experience with alternate bulbs so I’ll let others chime in in that.

Lasfit LS plus series H7

72w bulbs

Best one yet and I’ve went through a few brands to find the best. Coming from using 55w hids which could be hard to compare. Lasfit beats them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are faded. I wouldn’t say yellow but they look like there’s a hazy to them and I can see why light is diminished. I wouldn’t mind trying a restore kit but I wouldn’t know where to start. I know I’m the past I tried on kit it was like $50 on another vehicle and it didn’t seem to do anything at all.

I’ll look into those lasfit bulbs.

I did mine recently. Rather than paying for a restore kit, I just got different grits of sandpaper and went at it. Then some polish, followed by some 2k clear coat.

Real PITA to do, but the yellow is completely gone.

i use a cheap chinese drop in HID kit in mine...quite bright. just make sure you aim them down a little bit so you're not blinding people, but the projectors have a decent cutoff pattern, so they're fine. i've had that set for ~10 years now switching between different cars, and they still work just fine, replaced bulbs twice.

Do you have factory xenon lights? If yes, then it is known issue. The lense reflector surface does not have coating anymore. You can restore reflectors or replace lenses with bixenon hella replica. If you have this type of issue, i can show how i did mine

I used Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish with a polishing pad kit for my drill I got off Amazon. I have to re-polish every 6 months or so, but very easy to do. Also, spray them with some 303 once a month to help with the UV.

Also, Humble is right on with the VLEDS. I have the 5k and he has the 6k.

• 2 months later...