LegacyGT.com

So who still owns 4th gen LGT bought new?

My 05 LGT wagon I bought in May 2006 is still here with me. Been a "project car" for several years with some longer breaks from driving, but for the past two years I've been driving more regularly after sorting it out (pushing onto 63k miles.... :spin:).

How many original owners of these cars are still here?

I'm the original owner of my '05 LGT wagon. Bought it in October, 2004. I had found it online, and when I went to look at it, it was in the dealership's "back lot" still wrapped in plastic, with a whole 2 miles on the odometer. The fuel in the tank was likely what it had left the factory with, as the first thing we had to do on the test drive was stop at the closest gas station! Has been my daily driver since day 1, and has treated me well for 160,000 miles.

Mine was a leftover. Bought in May 2006, and it was built in Oct 2004. Sat on the lot for a very long time. Not many people really wanted these cars. I am trying to think what I paid for it. I think $23.5k. Mine is unlimited. Edited by unclemat

Oops! I think you meant May 2006 and Oct 2004. Mine was built in August 2004. That's pretty crazy yours was still on the lot in '06. I know down here in Atlanta, Subarus weren't selling well at that time, I think everybody equated all wheel drive with snow. For a few years after I bought mine, I'd go 2 or 3 weeks without seeing another Subaru of any kind, and when I did it was usually a WRX. On the other hand, I was in NY (where I grew up) in 2006, and like every 9 out of 10 cars were Subarus. But still, Legacies were somewhat rare, and even moreso Legacy GTs, especially the wagons.

The dealer I bought mine from was (still is, actually) a Cadillac and Subaru dealer, and anytime I went there, it always felt like the Subaru part was just an afterthought, Cadillac was definitely their focus. Nowadays, there are Subarus everywhere around here, mostly Outbacks, Forresters, and Crosstreks. Still very few Legacies.

I think I paid $26k for mine in '04. I still have the window sticker and paperwork around somewhere, and actually I probably still have the quote from the dealer in an email. Mine is also unlimited, and had four options, auto-dimming rear view mirror, all weather floor mats, subwoofer, and the cross bars for the roof rails (I never understood why you had to pay extra to get the bars...).

Edited by csaari

^ Ha, of course, what a typo.

There were two left overs in Northeast in spring 2006 when I decided to buy one. I wanted to skip 2005 and was waiting for 2006, only to find out belatedly that manual LGT wagon was killed in the US. Then I rushed to find a left over one. Found mine in NY.

I’m an original owner, 2009 purchased 7/23/2009. Daily driven until 11/2015. Rolled over 56k miles yesterday!
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Original owner. Purchased late 2004. 5MT wagon. It was sitting on the lot exactly as I would have speced it if I had ordered it. Scooped it up. Don't remember what I paid. Daily from new to 2013 or so. 3rd child forced 3-row daily, but kept the LGT rather than trade. Had gone stage 2 and decided to take it autocrossing in '15. Eventually bought a Miata for that purpose and retired the LGT wagon from autocrossing. It sat on jackstands with power steering issues for a couple years during the pandemic. Finally got that resolved last year and this year, just recently, finally took care of first timing belt service (at 95,000 miles and only a few years past the recommended time interval). Also went stage three with a simple VF52 upgrade. Car made 337 at the wheels which we will generously call 400 at the crank. Need to remove lowered suspension and return to stock height to take it on it's last hurrah as a rallycross car for a few more years. Probably won't get to the point of caging it for rallysprint as it really is starting to get fairly crusty underneath. But it's now getting driven again and I'm super excited to use it again. Edited by Dujo

Yep, rolled 302,300 miles last night coming home from dinner. Bought it June 30 2004, build date was May 28 2004, it was the 194th, 5mt GT wagon built, 22 were made that day. I have the dealer book and paperwork. Paid $27,198.00

I did drive the car to VT last Monday, skied three days, and drove home Thursday. I think that's the third time it's made that trip this ski season, I find I take the Spec B when it's going to be colder. Granted I haven't skied much this season, not good snow, and I'm grandpa daycare a couple of day's a week or so.

Oh, last night, outside the restaurant, while looking for a place to park, a guy walks by, points to the wagon, and gives me a thumbs up.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Original here purchased 6/05 had to have a wagon when my daughter was born, just turned 142k, always garaged, trying to decide if I will sell it for my Alfa Romeo GTV resto. Everytime I drive it I fall in love with all over. Most don't believe it's 17 years old, like new in and out. Time is coming, I have to decide this spring. If I keep it my JMP custom VF40 will go on DP & STg2.

I was 5 or 6 years old when my car was purchased from Wentworth Subaru, so unfortunately not here. 229K on mine. I'm the third owner. Seems like a lot of people own these from new and never get rid of them. There's nothing really similar out there that you can buy new these days, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Sorta?

My parents bought my 2006 OBXT brand new. It's mine now.

You got an OBXT, not LGT! Doesn't count! :p

j/k Just kidding. I used to hate on OBXT but came around long time ago. Especially single-tone can look sharp (GRP OBXT is my favorite!) and are more practical if you need to stray from pavement (but badly need suspension upgrade even more so than LGTs).

Original here purchased 6/05 had to have a wagon when my daughter was born, just turned 142k, always garaged, trying to decide if I will sell it for my Alfa Romeo GTV resto. Everytime I drive it I fall in love with all over. Most don't believe it's 17 years old, like new in and out. Time is coming, I have to decide this spring. If I keep it my JMP custom VF40 will go on DP & STg2.

Mine is mint, too, not remotely looking like 17 years old. Basically no rust. Garaged most of it's life, skipped most winters, and rustproofed for the past 2+ years.

Me :) the slippery slope has turned it from stock daily driver to full on track car over the last 17 yrs!

Ha! I used to think this will be the fate of my wagon, too, but that has never materialized...

Yep, rolled 302,300 miles last night coming home from dinner. Bought it June 30 2004, build date was May 28 2004, it was the 194th, 5mt GT wagon built, 22 were made that day. I have the dealer book and paperwork. Paid $27,198.00

Nice. A lot of miles!!

Original owner. Purchased late 2004. 5MT wagon. It was sitting on the lot exactly as I would have speced it if I had ordered it. Scooped it up. Don't remember what I paid. Daily from new to 2013 or so. 3rd child forced 3-row daily, but kept the LGT rather than trade. Had gone stage 2 and decided to take it autocrossing in '15. Eventually bought a Miata for that purpose and retired the LGT wagon from autocrossing. It sat on jackstands with power steering issues for a couple years during the pandemic. Finally got that resolved last year and this year, just recently, finally took care of first timing belt service (at 95,000 miles and only a few years past the recommended time interval). Also went stage three with a simple VF52 upgrade. Car made 337 at the wheels which we will generously call 400 at the crank. Need to remove lowered suspension and return to stock height to take it on it's last hurrah as a rallycross car for a few more years. Probably won't get to the point of caging it for rallysprint as it really is starting to get fairly crusty underneath. But it's now getting driven again and I'm super excited to use it again.

Long time no talk, neighbor! I still can't get over that you have nearly twin to my wagon, same color, and also with JDM SpecB bumper and you're like less than a mile... :spin::spin:

Original owner! Deposit down in March 2009. Car delivered in July. :spin:

Last I check, car showed 43,800 miles. This car was daily driven for about a year. I'd say the car would have 10k less miles if I picked up a beater.

Currently stock internals running a Blouch 1.5XTR w/ supporting mods for the past 2 years. Car made 478/399 on E85 on a Mustang dyno tuned by JR.

I had an 09 Legacy SE that was a lemon...coworkers mom was working at SOA and I was able to find a really low mileage 08 LGT in 2009 and has 145k miles. Does that count? lol

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Bought mine in Aug 2004. Has 109K on the odometer. Still runs well. No rust. Issues I have had: rusted brake lines in rear, rear wheel bearings, CV boot melted, valve cover gasket, sway bar end links. All typical repair issues for this car. Mods: Access Port stage 2, up and down pipes, lowering springs, koni struts/ shocks, 17x8 wheels.

Have 4 wagons & a sedan. All 2005 mt cars. Just bought the RBP wagon I sold a couple years ago. All

Boxkita's wagon was ordered in early May 2004. I put 5000$ down. A similar wagon with factory short shifter showed up in early August 2004, and the dealer persuaded me to get it as mine was delayed.

Wagon is mostly a garage ornament, as the race tune needs race gas. I drove it the summer of 2019 for a month or so. Just needs an oil change, fuel exchange because sitting too long, and a retune.

Of any car Ive ever owned or driven, Boxkita's wagon has been the best fun. If Audi had made a manual version of the new RS6, it would have been a great replacement.

Edited by boxkita