LegacyGT.com

Miles and sitings

Hey everyone, how many miles are on your legacy? I have 28,000 on my 19 sport. I have not seen a single sport model on the road since I got mine in November of 2019. Have any of you seen sport models on the road? Do that few people buy them? Lol

In my area there is only one other Legacy. Driven all through my Province of BC a while ago and haven't seen another 2020+. Lots of Outbacks though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Legacy gets dropped from the lineup in the next years.

Australia I think has already discontinued the Legacy beyond the 2019s.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have only seen 1 other Touring XT since I bought mine in October 2020. It was the same color as mine, but the orange seats gave it away.

Japan also stopped selling the Legacy, and if I am not mistaken, with the exception of Canada, the rest of the world is still on the last gen Legacy and Outback. They have not switched over to the new model yet.

... and if I am not mistaken, with the exception of Canada, the rest of the world is still on the last gen Legacy and Outback. They have not switched over to the new model yet.

No more Liberty (Legacy) for Australia (sadly it has been discontinued), & the gen6 Outback has just been released, but no 2.4DIT engine option for that yet. Who knows if that option will be a limited release or none, but going by what I've read, Subaru Australia are considering it & are discussing it with the parent company (Subaru Japan).

And like that, my hopes for a Legacy "S" model gets slimmer and slimmer. A Legacy S402 anyone?(or would it be called S403?) I would have settled for a Tuned by STI Legacy.
Totally, would of been nice if they gave the turbo models some actual sportier bits vs the 2.5. Flat bottom steering wheel, little bit firmer suspension, may I even say launch control for the fun of it haha. And traction, stability control that you can fully turn off...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

With working from home the last year, I rarely am on the road driving. I used see about one 5th Gen GT sightings once a year and 4th Gen GT sighting aren't common either.

I don't even know how to tell a LXT besides the rear badge and dual exhaust outlets. I haven't recognized a LXT on the road yet, I have seen 2 new OBXT that I was driving behind. I hope the Legacy XT aren't discontinued, because they are still in the running for next daily driver to replace my 09 OB

That article confuses things more and is a bit out of date. Subaru has not yet stopped selling the Legacy/Liberty in Australia as are still advertising the 6th gen models on their web site (may be last of 2020 models). On the other hand they list the Outback as coming soon. At this point the 7th gen is only produced here in the US. It is concerning that Japan is not producing the 7th gen Legacy or even the 7th gen Outback. Maybe covid/economy is delaying things or are they giving up on the Outback as well?

My guess is that if the Legacy sales numbers don't improve Subaru will continue to sell them as all of the tooling and support is there. But I would expect them to drop it and not have an 8th gen.

Edited by Stuff

That article confuses things more and is a bit out of date. Subaru has not yet stopped selling the Legacy/Liberty in Australia as are still advertising the 6th gen models on their web site (may be last of 2020 models). On the other hand they list the Outback as coming soon. At this point the 7th gen is only produced here in the US. It is concerning that Japan is not producing the 7th gen Legacy or even the 7th gen Outback. Maybe covid/economy is delaying things or are they giving up on the Outback as well?

My guess is that if the Legacy sales numbers don't improve Subaru will continue to sell them as all of the tooling and support is there. But I would expect them to drop it and not have an 8th gen.

I think I see your confusion. There has only been 6 generations of the Outback, but there has been 7 gens of Legacy. Japan will not get the 7th gen Legacy or the 2.4 turbo, They will get the 6th gen Outback by this summer. Rumor has it, it will not use a 2.5 NA engine, but the 1.8 turbo from the Levorg and Japanese market Forester Sport.

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/226274

I believe the reason Japan is not getting the Legacy is due to the size. With the next WRX being almost the same size as our Legacy I can see why Subaru Japan canceling the Legacy.