LegacyGT.com

I'm bored, I have a question. (Covid)

apexi

Everyone needs the help of others eventually - be it medical or whatever, and folks doing their best to help, or even helping at all in some cases, depends on their compassion. Most folks realize we are part of a society which works better when we help one another. Hopefully you aren't in a situation some day where you really need help, folks who can help see you, but then decide "I'd rather do x - it's that guys fault he needs help" and move on.

What are you talking about Karen?

Do you not understand the distinction between someone who is obvious medical or physical distress, and a virtue signaling turd who is just afraid of everything around them?

I’m all for helping the former, but the latter group can go choke on a barrel of dicks. I don’t care about their feelings of fear at every thing around them. I cannot fix their inferior ability to cope with life. Only a few hundreds of years ago they would have died of starvation or exposure, maybe been scalped by marauding natives, eaten by wolves, enslaved by Vikings, or otherwise removed from the gene pool resulting in a more robust species. Now most of those risks are gone, and the and dumb dumbs and Karen’s can flourish.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not understand the distinction between someone who is obvious medical or physical distress, and a virtue signaling turd who is just afraid of everything around them?

I’m all for helping the former, but the latter group can go choke on a barrel of dicks. I don’t care about their feelings of fear at every thing around them. I cannot fix their inferior ability to cope with life. Only a few hundreds of years ago they would have died of starvation or exposure, maybe been scalped by marauding natives, eaten by wolves, enslaved by Vikings, or otherwise removed from the gene pool resulting in a more robust species. Now most of those risks are gone, and the and dumb dumbs and Karen’s can flourish.

The point he's making, which you seem to either be missing or actively ignoring, is that neither compassion nor empathy is a sign of weakness, particularly when living in a society.

For the record, I'm on team "why the **** are you wearing a mask when you're in your car by yourself", generally don't wear a mask outdoors, and would likely judge the hell out of someone who I thought was just virtue-signaling, but I don't view a polite request to wear a mask when near other people as an affront to my masculinity.

Sure, but it was being implied I have no compassion for those in obvious real distress, which is untrue.

Now do I not only lack compassion but actively scorn the types who wear masks alone outside, or in their car? You know the ones who want to insist I mask up 40 feet away outdoors with a breeze? Yeah **** them, I have no use or compassion for them or their asinine fears, or more likely their asinine need to have me comply with their wishes. FUCKTHEM. I hope they step on a rake, get tetanus, are to scared to go get a fresh tetanus shot, and die in agony. After that I hope their 7-8 cats (you know they have cats and not dogs) eat the face off their corpse so their family can’t even have an open casket.

Seriously? What are you, 10?

Wow - so apparently your head really is all the way up your ass! Allow me to help you understand (probably won't work, but I'll give it a go) - A person with a pre-existing condition (such as diabetes, asthma, heart conditions) that renders you more susceptible to covid, and thus might make you concerned for being out and about, generally has no visible signs of physical distress - at all. You quite literally can not tell that they do, unless they tell you.

I’m all for helping the former, but blah blah blah...
Without information you don't and won't ever have, you literally can't distinguish between the two. So why not stop being a self-centered pinhead, and help folks out that need help - even if, in your opinion, they don't really need it.

Garbage article. While some of it is true, but it is taken out of context to back a conspiracy theory. It fails to acknowledge that COVID hospitalizations are an all time high and the death rate is rising and reaching the spring peaks. Hardly the conspiracy theory that the article paints.

How is wearing a mask outside and not within 6 feet of someone actually helping them?

It’s not. It’s virtue signaling nonsense is all it is. I’m not doing it.

6 feet is when you are wearing a mask. It suppose to be greater when not wearing a mask. The problem is even when you are trying to keep more than 6 feet apart, people make unplanned navigation choices/aren't aware/don't know how many feet 6 is/don't care and the distanced is compromised. It happens to me almost every time I got out to a store that I end 2-3 feet from someone despite my constant logic and chess game I play to keep away from everyone.

Quite frankly I don't want to get sick whether it is covid, the flu, stomach virus etc. You don't know everyone's situation, they could have underlying issue, they could be taking care of someone who is elderly, they may not get paid from their work if they get sick etc.

It is free country, I am sure you will do want you want.

I don't get what the big deal is with masks. Is it really that difficult to wear one? In countries like Japan and South Korea, it is considered the norm and a courtesy to others to wear a face mask in public when you think you're sick, and it has been this way for decades. Why should people automatically be labelled "virtue signalling assholes" if for some god forsaken reason, they decide to wear a mask in their car or outdoors? Sometimes I wear my mask in my car for short drives because I'm too lazy to take it off and put it back on again. Does that make me a virtue signalling asshole?

Yes. Also being from California does too, but that’s another topic for another day.

The CA restaurant and industry association is recommending Civil disobedience in the face of Newsome's new lockdown measures. It seems like a lot of them are doing just that, keeping their dinning rooms open.

There are a lot of good people in CA that aren't asshats, especially in San Diego and much of the North.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

we are about to be govern by a demoncrat and dictatorial form of goverment by 2021.

this covid 19 plandemic is a masquerade to mind-set us for the coming new world era... part of the economic reset.

fear mongering technique is what scaring people around the world and their goverment and ours are not doing anything to oppose the deadly and useless protokills they have dictated...

depression in the economy is next in their agenda.

we are about to be govern by a demoncrat and dictatorial form of goverment by 2021.

this covid 19 plandemic is a masquerade to mind-set us for the coming new world era... part of the economic reset.

fear mongering technique is what scaring people around the world and their goverment and ours are not doing anything to oppose the deadly and useless protokills they have dictated...

depression in the economy is next in their agenda.

Well, we are extremely likely in for a hard recession next year, regardless of any agenda and that's just basic economics. We could see a 1.5% drop in the GDP in Q1 2020 alone. Economists are also fearing a double-dip recession, the last one was in the 1980's. No one has a crystal ball but our spending has been out of control for 2 decades and small businesses (the largest job provider group in the US) have been going under in record numbers. That combination is not only very bad, but leads us into uncharted economic territory. All bets are off.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Liberals said the same thing about Trump and they survived. The sky isn't falling. You will figure it out or be very unhappy 50% of the time every time a pollical party switch into power.

I don't get what the big deal is with masks. Is it really that difficult to wear one? In countries like Japan and South Korea, it is considered the norm and a courtesy to others to wear a face mask in public when you think you're sick, and it has been this way for decades. Why should people automatically be labelled "virtue signalling assholes" if for some god forsaken reason, they decide to wear a mask in their car or outdoors? Sometimes I wear my mask in my car for short drives because I'm too lazy to take it off and put it back on again. Does that make me a virtue signalling asshole?

No, but it will fog your glasses in winter.

453747.png

Well, we are extremely likely in for a hard recession next year, regardless of any agenda and that's just basic economics. We could see a 1.5% drop in the GDP in Q1 2020 alone. Economists are also fearing a double-dip recession, the last one was in the 1980's. No one has a crystal ball but our spending has been out of control for 2 decades and small businesses (the largest job provider group in the US) have been going under in record numbers. That combination is not only very bad, but leads us into uncharted economic territory. All bets are off.

I agree on the recession and that is how I am setting up my money for 2021. I actually thought the stock market was headed for a correction this year 2020, which put me in good position for what happened in March and April of this year. (pure luck on my part)

I use math and logic, so that doesn't always work with stock market though.

Economic destruction from idiotic lock downs and forced closures of business will be far worse than the deaths of mostly very old and/or unhealthy people dying of COVID.

Lots of small businesses folding is a horrible outcome, and it could have been largely avoided by staying open and allowing free adults to make decisions. Instead many states, and their idiot “leaders” elected by their idiot citizens decided to go the totalitarian route and destroy their economies.

Ironically states that stayed open are not very hard hit and we didn’t all die. One of my coworkers and his wife own a Mexican restaurant in a tourist town in the Black Hills, South Dakota stayed open, their business stayed open. They had their best year to date this year, and he said the net profits blew away the previous 2 years. Now it did come with some ass pain, they all got COVID (whole family tested positive) and were sick for about a week, but they lived. My coworker even got to experience COVID after he managed to cut through two of his metacarpals on his left hand with a log splitter. (Hell of a neat photo by the way) He had a good time being off for a few months and doing one handed dishes at the restaurant because the RR wouldn’t release him back to work.

Minnesota also stayed open, the week before my dad died of a heart attack my wife and I had been going over the books on a condo on Lake Superior we were considering purchasing. The place grossed $54K in 2019 in rentals, and we asked for the latest numbers for 2020 to see what a bad year would look like. The realtor got in contact and reluctantly sent the information to us and said that it’s not representative of a typical year. The condo had grossed over $15K in the month of August alone. The resort managing had stayed open as had most of northern MN. Too bad every year isn’t that good up there or the ridiculous 50/50 gross profit split the resort charges to manage the property would easily result in a tidy profit every year, based on 2019 numbers minus expenses and servicing a mortgage it would cost me $172/month on average with $200K down to cash flow the other $200K on a loan. Not sure I want to tie up that much capital in something that doesn’t return cash profit on a semi regular basis in addition to gaining value as a property over time. Probably kick myself in the ass 20 years from now for not pulling the trigger LOL. Still on the hunt though!

Yes. Also being from California does too, but that’s another topic for another day.

Would you please elaborate on this? I am curious what the reasoning is here. I wear a mask whenever I'm in public, now out of habit. I don't specifically put it on when I'm within 6 feet of someone and then take it off when I'm not, I just keep it on because it's easier this way. For short drives in my car, this applies as well. Why is this virtue signalling? What exactly am I doing that could negatively affect another person in any remote way?

Also, I'm not from California so that's irrelevant. I'm Canadian and moved here in July for my job, so if you have something to say about Canadians I'm all ears.

Canadians are the free loading scum of North America, what with their politeness and love for maple trees.

Plus they elected Justin Trudeau, who might be the stupidest national leader in office today, which reflects poorly on Canukistan.