LegacyGT.com

I'm bored, I have a question. (Covid)

apexi

the tech college i'm attending just sent an email stating they have funds to cover rent for 6 months for deserving students. I wonder if my mortgage is deserving since my renters bailed on paying rent?

Oregon governor put the counties on I-84 on restricted lockdown, but not the rest. The state police said they wouldn't enforce the order. Portland still has unrestricted nightly riots. Maybe the governor is afraid Mad Max will ensue down I84?

Heard on a local talk show Seattle is rioting every night, in the central area. Near the former chop. Also read the latest stats on covid for Seattle showing increased infection rates in the typical rioter age groups. Rumors abound of infected ppl licking tools of mass destruction to increase the terror aspect.

In other "news", apple news is gloating over Fox news decline in viewers since the election. Imagine getting your news from your cell phone company only?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tech college i'm attending just sent an email stating they have funds to cover rent for 6 months for deserving students. I wonder if my mortgage is deserving since my renters bailed on paying rent?

Oregon governor put the counties on I-84 on restricted lockdown, but not the rest. The state police said they wouldn't enforce the order. Portland still has unrestricted nightly riots. Maybe the governor is afraid Mad Max will ensue down I84?

Heard on a local talk show Seattle is rioting every night, in the central area. Near the former chop. Also read the latest stats on covid for Seattle showing increased infection rates in the typical rioter age groups. Rumors abound of infected ppl licking tools of mass destruction to increase the terror aspect.

In other "news", apple news is gloating over Fox news decline in viewers since the election. Imagine getting your news from your cell phone company only?

Crap that happened to you? Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Crap that happened to you? Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

rat bastards. They had wanted to sign a 5 year lease last year and we balked because hassles.

they used door dash for all of their food delivery because they don't cook. Door dash would show up, take pictures of the house, then send their buddies over late at night to hold them up. Renters wouldn't change their habits even after showing them the videos.

They tried to sneak out without paying. Video showed them in the process. They claimed property wasn't safe and they could leave because covid/safety.

Ultimately it worked out, sort of. We forced them to pay off the lease. We're still on the hook for 4 months of utilities and upkeep. On the plus side, there haven't been anymore home invasions.

My first landlord experience. i'm over it. We're selling the place. Housing market is super hot because low rates.

rat bastards. They had wanted to sign a 5 year lease last year and we balked because hassles.

they used door dash for all of their food delivery because they don't cook. Door dash would show up, take pictures of the house, then send their buddies over late at night to hold them up. Renters wouldn't change their habits even after showing them the videos.

They tried to sneak out without paying. Video showed them in the process. They claimed property wasn't safe and they could leave because covid/safety.

Ultimately it worked out, sort of. We forced them to pay off the lease. We're still on the hook for 4 months of utilities and upkeep. On the plus side, there haven't been anymore home invasions.

My first landlord experience. i'm over it. We're selling the place. Housing market is super hot because low rates.

Good call to sell now, too much risk.

On another note, 210 businesses have already left Seattle and if they pass the Payroll tax (originally aimed at Amazon but now encompasses many more WA businesses), then more businesses will leave not only Seattle, but WA state altogether. You can bet other states are clamoring to get them to move there and offering all kinds of incentives. The more jobs that leave, the more housing prices will come down, maybe that's a silver lining in some ways, but not for the job market.

idk. As seattle continues to crush property owners with taxes and grant concessions to renters, the number of single family homes will continue to decrease. So reduction of actual lots through creating larger lots to put high rise living structures that are leased (because rent control doesn't really effect a lease contract except during the acquisition of new lessees) will continue to be a trend. Eventually Seattle will duplicate Vancouver BC, except no Asian investment will happen.

Those that can afford to, continue to flee the cities with ruinous taxes. The remaining population, who are renters, are secure in their ability to vote in taxes on property owners. Not realizing their increased rent is directly attributable to their stupidity in the polls.

We leased rather than rented because a contract is enforceable where a rental agreement is not. Many of Seattle's small landlords (<5 properties) evicted renters and sold their holdings when the first of Seattle rental changes were implemented several years ago. After the rapid drop in affordable available rentals was noted, the city expanded its rent controls. The high-rises changed from rental to lease. The city of Seattle has ~80,000 properties to pay for everything. That number will continue to drop.

KI researchers to evaluate effect of hyperbaric oxygen treatment against COVID-19

Researchers at Karolinska Institutet are coordinating a recently initiated multi-national clinical trial that will evaluate the effect of hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBO) in severe cases of COVID-19. A total of 200 adults admitted to hospital with moderately severe COVID-19 pneumonia will be recruited. The trial could start as early as next week at a hospital in Region Blekinge, Sweden.

https://news.ki.se/ki-researchers-to-evaluate-effect-of-hyperbaric-oxygen-treatment-against-covid-19

453747.png

Got a flu shot for the first time in my life. I havent died but the low-grade crappy feeling has gone away, so apparently I was feeling a bit sick. Temperature didn't indicate anything.

In other news, because covid often causes pneumonia, if you are 50years or older and put down on your health questionnaire you have asthma; you can get started on pneumonia vaccine 15years early. At 65, you get the next shot and 5years after that, the 3rd shot. Idk if the shot reduces the likelihood of getting pneumonia with covid or just pneumonia in general, but seems like cheap insurance.

Idk if the shot reduces the likelihood of getting pneumonia with covid or just pneumonia in general, but seems like cheap insurance.

There are two different pneumonia vaccines: Pneumovax (older) and Prevnar 13 (newer). I've had both. These provide protection against numerous strains of bacterial pneumonia, but not against viral pneumonias. COVID-19 is a virus. Of course, viral infections can deplete your immune system, and may thus increase your susceptibility to secondary bacterial infections.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

So you glove up before touching the handle and buttons? Wash your hands before getting in your car afterwards?

Gasoline kills coronavirus, probably?. Can I just spray on hands, and inhale the vapors...? Asking before POTUS does...

I usually lick the gasoline pump handle to make sure it's clean before grabbing it with my hand. I always pay at the pump so no need to go inside. I always wear a mask but I'm otherwise naked minus the socks and sandals, of course, it's the only right way to do it and not get the virus.

I usually lick the gasoline pump handle to make sure it's clean before grabbing it with my hand. I always pay at the pump so no need to go inside. I always wear a mask but I'm otherwise naked minus the socks and sandals, of course, it's the only right way to do it and not get the virus.

white knee highs with birkenatocks?