LegacyGT.com

I'm bored, I have a question. (Covid)

apexi

The other day when I was getting gas, a lady inside her car was kind of staring at me from maybe.. 10 feet away? I'm not sure. She had a mask on, I didn't really think much of it.

Now I'm wondering, was she giving me a death stare for pumping gas without wearing a mask? I think so. I'm very much in favor of wearing masks indoors, and if you're on a busy walking trail or somewhere else outside where you are walking by people, that's cool too, I get that.

So I guess I'm wondering. Do you wear a mask when pumping gas?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day when I was getting gas, a lady inside her car was kind of staring at me from maybe.. 10 feet away? I'm not sure. She had a mask on, I didn't really think much of it.

Now I'm wondering, was she giving me a death stare for pumping gas without wearing a mask? I think so. I'm very much in favor of wearing masks indoors, and if you're on a busy walking trail or somewhere else outside where you are walking by people, that's cool too, I get that.

So I guess I'm wondering. Do you wear a mask when pumping gas?

I don’t wear a mask outside, and I’m becoming increasingly disgusted with all the virtue signaling cowards who want to mask up in wide open outdoor spaces.

They’re probably the same dumb dumbs hoarding toilet paper and supporting lockdowns.

I hope they all get COVID and survive, so that I can make fun of them for being the chicken shit cowards they really are.

I wear a mask cause I care about my community. If I go walk around the neighborhood I don't wear a mask but come to think of it I probably should. Even without a mask people think I'm going to assault them so they make a bee line around me so it won't be any different. At the end of the day, better to be safe I guess.

Another bonus to not wearing a mask outside, people who I know I will have no use for will stay the hell away from me.

It’s kind of nice in one way to be able to positively ID morons, poseurs, and virtue signaling turds. People wearing masks outside with no one close to them is good way to ID them.

this plandemic is about to make a major reset in our lives. this is world wide.

year 2021 will be the moment of truth when this globalists plans to carry out their

Agenda 21... a general reset of the world towards one government and control.

the mask wearing is just trial run if we follow a command.

I wear a mask cause I care about my community.

But when I'm pumping gas there is literally no one close to me. The funny thing about this is I've had legitimate ocd for a long time now, but society has kind of given people the wrong idea about what that is. I know all about irrational fears and worrying excessively about something if there is a 1% chance that something will happen, and I think the likelihood of spreading a virus like this outside at a gas station when the wind is blowing is like.. so minimal it's ridiculous.

I wear a mask when I’m pumping gas for no other reason than it’s quick and easy to do so, and if the chance is already minuscule that I could get infected or infect someone else, then it’s even less if I also wear a mask. I also have a box of disposable gloves in the car and use them for things like the gas pump or while grocery shopping.

This globalist conspiracy shit is ******* bonkers. Wtf

Edited by Underdog

Each region has different views and adherence to towards wearing masks.

I am in MA which probably has similar views to ME, I usually don't wear a mask pumping gas. I figure if I am outside and its more 6 feet away, I should be good. If someone was in the opposite side pump over I would go into my car and grab a mask.

Do you wear a mask when pumping gas?

Yes. Why not? It's easy, and I'm not only protecting myself but also everyone around me. It's good manners, if nothing else.

Yes, being outside may substantially reduce the risk of exposure (in either direction), but to grossly paraphrase Theodore von Karman, "The wind and the virus don't care what I think."

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

if you are anti-mask, run this scenario and post up whether you had a change of mind:

You work from home. You have had the sniffles for the last few days but it's probably a cold or the change in the weather. You have been going to the grocery store and gas station and visiting friends in small groups.

You start to feel worse, so, to quiet the family noise, you take the covid test. You quarantine while waiting for results. The rest of your family continues as if you don't have covid. The results come back positive.

Looking at the disease's progression, you have had covid for as long as the sniffles or longer. you were probably asymptotic for several days prior. Now, you have two choices: do you contact every person you came in contact with in the last two or more weeks; or do you say f-it? Which brings up two new outcomes. Other ppl you have associated with get the sniffles. Do have remorse or not?

No mask, no contact tracing, and no remorse? Mass murderer

No mask, no contact tracing, with remorse? multiple kills drunk driver crying in court after sentencing

No mask, contact tracing, and no remorse? Dance club Arsonist

No mask, contact tracing, with remorse? You die in agony at home because you gave up your spot at the hospital to one of your victims

Do masks work? is global warming a thing? Science proves whatever you pay the scientist to prove. How far does spittle fly when raging-about 26 feet. Does a mask cut the spittle distance - yes. Does a mask prevent the spread of the virus - maybe/probably/we hope so. Does not wearing a mask prevent the spread of the virus- no, proven 100%.

Does wearing a mask make you a sheeple - yes. Does not wearing a mask make you a sheeple - yes. Even if current infection rates are fake news, you'll have to pick a flock soon. Either way, you're a sheeple. Get over it.

If masks are ineffective, why are not all healthcare providers infected? Yes, the numbers for that group are higher than the general population but not the 100% it should be (masks are useless).

/rant

Yes. Why not?

Because I don't know what gas stations are like where you are, but there is literally no one near me when I'm pumping gas, the pumps are like 20 ft apart (at this particular station I'm thinking of, maybe less at smaller stations, but always at least 6ft, think of how long your car is, how wide your car is, and how wide two cars are when they're next to each other at a gas station) . Yes, there could be someone on the opposite side of me, using the same pump as me, but.. When you have a big gas pump in between you acting like a wall, it's so unlikely that covid germs are literally going to jump up and over, or go around the gas pump.

I don't think it's related to manners at all when I'm literally standing at a gas pump, and not going inside a building. Again, at a gas station people are almost always at least 6ft away from me, that golden number everyone loves to talk about.

If people really give this much of a ish about stopping covid, we should be wearing masks inside our houses, near our family members. There are just so many other (higher risk) ways that I can see someone getting covid that this just baffles me, about people worrying about catching it outside when you're standing by yourself at a gas pump.

I don't know if boxkita's response was directed at me, but i'm not anti-mask overall. I'm somewhat anti-mask outside, when I'm minding my own business and there is no one within 6ft of me. Again, the ocd side of me is very, very familiar with doing things "Just in case" to shut up that voice in my head, but you also have to stay reasonable. Yes, I know it is not difficult to wear a mask, that's why I have no problem wearing one indoors, or outside in a group of people, or while waiting in line when you're in close proximity to other people.

Why not require the use of hand sanitizer before pumping gas, require a glove be worn. I think the possibility of surface related infection is underrated. Require that people wear better masks than these jokes that most people wear. A surgical mask? Crap. Those cooling gaiters (blue colored mission for example), absolute joke. Yeah, better than nothing, but also kind of giving a false sense of security since they're probably incredibly ineffective.

if you are anti-mask, run this scenario and post up whether you had a change of mind:

You work from home. You have had the sniffles for the last few days but it's probably a cold or the change in the weather. You have been going to the grocery store and gas station and visiting friends in small groups.

You start to feel worse, so, to quiet the family noise, you take the covid test. You quarantine while waiting for results. The rest of your family continues as if you don't have covid. The results come back positive.

Looking at the disease's progression, you have had covid for as long as the sniffles or longer. you were probably asymptotic for several days prior. Now, you have two choices: do you contact every person you came in contact with in the last two or more weeks; or do you say f-it? Which brings up two new outcomes. Other ppl you have associated with get the sniffles. Do have remorse or not?

No mask, no contact tracing, and no remorse? Mass murderer

No mask, no contact tracing, with remorse? multiple kills drunk driver crying in court after sentencing

No mask, contact tracing, and no remorse? Dance club Arsonist

No mask, contact tracing, with remorse? You die in agony at home because you gave up your spot at the hospital to one of your victims

Do masks work? is global warming a thing? Science proves whatever you pay the scientist to prove. How far does spittle fly when raging-about 26 feet. Does a mask cut the spittle distance - yes. Does a mask prevent the spread of the virus - maybe/probably/we hope so. Does not wearing a mask prevent the spread of the virus- no, proven 100%.

Does wearing a mask make you a sheeple - yes. Does not wearing a mask make you a sheeple - yes. Even if current infection rates are fake news, you'll have to pick a flock soon. Either way, you're a sheeple. Get over it.

If masks are ineffective, why are not all healthcare providers infected? Yes, the numbers for that group are higher than the general population but not the 100% it should be (masks are useless).

/rant

LOL, most likely put me down in the mass murderer camp. I would be extremely unlikely to even get tested unless I had to seek hospitalization. Enough of my coworkers have had it for me to understand that survival rates are extremely high, so unless I literally thought I was going to die I wouldn’t seek medical treatment.

I just got over a shitty cold, for all I know it could have been COVID. I’ve been exposed to COVID infected individuals inside of 6 feet with no mask, albeit outdoors, and never got tested even after I came down with a cold. Not going to bother, living my life and going about my business is a calculated risk at all times. The risk is slightly higher now that the same time a year ago, but far far less risky than during previous times in my life. I accept those risks, and mitigate as needed. For example I will mask up in a store, or in vehicles with my coworkers. I’m not wearing a mask outside, if you see me outside and this bothers you then stay the **** away from me, we’ll both be happier that way.

For all the high risk people who are ill, weak, very elderly, diabetic, morbidly obese etc, mitigate your risks as you see fit. It’s a free country, you’re adults. That said the sun doesn’t rise and set over your ass, so don’t expect the rest of us to jump through our own asses everyday so you can feel safer. Not ******* happening, life moves forward and it will move forward with or without you.

not directing at anyone, hence "rant" :)

I mask up as needed. Im annoyed by don't cares who invade my personal space. At school, I mask up and distance because required and because the average tech school attendee hasn't figured out there's a relationship between hand-washing and getting/giving an infection.

I don’t like people invading my space under any circumstances pandemic or not. There’s a reason I live in rural South Dakota in the Black Hills: people here like their space and are generally very courteous about not getting in each other’s way.

As a PSA from the great state of South Dakota and the Black Hills: if you’re from California, Colorado, anywhere on the east coast that isn’t the Carolinas, Georgia, or Maine; or if you are from Oregon, or Washington State please stay where you are. We don’t want you here because most of you are too goddamn stupid to understand what made you flee from your home states so you move here and continue making decisions that ruined the last place you lived. If that means you die in a wildfire or from marauding bands of rioters too bad, you made your beds now sleep in them.

I wear a mask whenever there is a chance I am going to be close to folks other than my immediate family members - if I am out and about, I mask up when I get out of the car, etc. - you never know when folks are going to be walking around and come close. (vs. say working in my yard, then I usually don't wear a mask, but yes, I do wear a mask when pumping gas)

I think it's pretty well established that you wear a mask to protect others from you - and you never know when someone whom is high risk/more susceptible is going to be near you, nor do you know if you are sick and asymptomatic - you might very well not be sick, but they don't know that. Some folks are absolutely terrified about all of this, so if me wearing a mask helps put them at ease if they have to pass by me, then I'm definitely going to be wearing a mask.

I’m not modifying my life outdoors just to make terrified people feel safe. I don not care about their feelings, and if they’re so damned afraid of everything I don’t want them around me anyway.

My dad was very worried about COVID. He died of a heart attack in front of my mom last month. No one makes it off this rock alive, we’re all going to die of something and hear disease is still well ahead of COVID in the killing people department.

I guess we should quake in fear of junk food?

My dad was very worried about COVID. He died of a heart attack in front of my mom last month.

My sincere condolences. If my simply wearing a mask would somehow have reduced your dad's risk of a heart attack, I would have willingly done so.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Outdoors with a reasonable distance to others the masks don't do much difference but as soon as you go indoors for some reason like shopping (everyone needs at least food) then they can make a difference.

But another good idea is to avoid "high traffic" times in shopping centers. Which is a good idea anyway to avoid getting bugged out by other shoppers.

453747.png

I’m not modifying my life outdoors just to make terrified people feel safe. I don not care about their feelings, and if they’re so damned afraid of everything I don’t want them around me anyway.

Everyone needs the help of others eventually - be it medical or whatever, and folks doing their best to help, or even helping at all in some cases, depends on their compassion. Most folks realize we are part of a society which works better when we help one another. Hopefully you aren't in a situation some day where you really need help, folks who can help see you, but then decide "I'd rather do x - it's that guys fault he needs help" and move on.

I wear a mask cause I care about my community. If I go walk around the neighborhood I don't wear a mask but come to think of it I probably should. Even without a mask people think I'm going to assault them so they make a bee line around me so it won't be any different. At the end of the day, better to be safe I guess.

Back in July, on one of my morning runs, I see a lady on the sidewalk and she goes to cross the street as I approached (myself unmasked) and the from the middle of the street, she yells at me for not wearing a mask. I tell her exercising outdoors is exempted, and to worry about herself.

30 minutes later as I return, she's coming down the sidewalk the other direction, holding a trekking pole like a spear and threatening me with it. So this time I actually go back after her to give her what-for. She said I was threatening her by not wearing a mask, but somehow that abstract threat was more real than her direct threat, and there was plenty of room to move away on the sidewalk if you were nervous. Never in my life have I wanted more to lay out an old bag with a solid punch.

Saw an infrared video of masks versus no mask with a person coughing. They did the test with plain cloth masks, masks with filters, N95 masks, and masks with breather vents, and masks with filters and breather vents..

The infrared showed the aerosol of the coughing was basically exactly the same. The masks stopped some droplets, but the aerosol of the coughing came right through the cloth masks, came through the N95 masks, came through (albeit a bit less) the masks with filters, the masks with the breather vents and came through the masks with the filters and breather vents.

The science is there that Covid (the same virus as a cold), while more transferable and contagious, has still not exceeded the normal US annual death counts. The asshole governors that put Covid people in nursing homes are basically the murderers and nothing can change that fact.

Almost all of the deaths that have occurred have been because of underlying comorbidity issues (generallly 2 or more) and advanced age.

Wearing a mask outdoors is not for me. You can if you wish, but the air around me is moving all the time and all of the facts prove that unless you're right next to someone who is infected and breathing in their outgoing breath, you're safe. Everyone is exposed every day when they go into a store or place of business, mask or not. I do wear because it's mandatory, but there's going to come a point where people are just going to say to hell with it and live their lives.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad Penguin. Please accept my deepest condolences.

Let the flaming begin.

Back in July, on one of my morning runs, I see a lady on the sidewalk and she goes to cross the street as I approached (myself unmasked) and the from the middle of the street, she yells at me for not wearing a mask. I tell her exercising outdoors is exempted, and to worry about herself.

30 minutes later as I return, she's coming down the sidewalk the other direction, holding a trekking pole like a spear and threatening me with it. So this time I actually go back after her to give her what-for. She said I was threatening her by not wearing a mask, but somehow that abstract threat was more real than her direct threat, and there was plenty of room to move away on the sidewalk if you were nervous. Never in my life have I wanted more to lay out an old bag with a solid punch.

You should have taken away her trecking pole and beaten her half to death with it. Then she would legitimately have something to be fearful of.

Being stupid should be painful, being stupid and threatening others should be really really painful. The Karen’s of this world need to be taught to shut the **** up and stay out of other people’s business when that other person isn’t hurting anyone else or endangering anyone else directly.