LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

... I do believe that the right to choose is one of our basic rights which the founders established.

I agree ... but even that right has limits. You and I do not, for example, have a right to choose to expose other people to a highly infectious and deadly illness. Personal freedom cannot exist without personal responsibility.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Even though I might not agree with individuals which chooses not to get vaccinated, I do believe that the right to choose is one of our basic rights which the founders established. Even our creator felt it was our basic right which made man above all His other creations.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is good for the Soul.

I totally agree. At the same time, with freedom comes responsibility.

My friend has an autoimmune disorder and her healthcare provider will not vaccinate, it isn't even a choice. Honestly, there are a lot of people stuck into situations where getting vaccinated comes with heightened risks and its a decision that needs to be made by the individual after consulting with their physician.

Sure it's easy to pick on the idiots not doing it for stupid reasons, but it's very important to remember those individuals who are stuck in the middle of this culture war who simple can't, or shouldn't get vaccinated due to valid medical reasons.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

... it's easy to pick on the idiots not doing it for stupid reasons ...

Reasonable criticism of anti-social behavior is hardly "picking on" anyone.

... it's very important to remember those individuals who are stuck in the middle of this culture war who simple can't, or shouldn't get vaccinated due to valid medical reasons.
Agreed. That's why I made it clear that my comments were directed toward other motivations for vaccine refusal.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You and I do not, for example, have a right to choose to expose other people to a highly infectious and deadly illness.

Good point, except for the fact that vaccinated people are transmitting delta too, and most are asymptomatic when doing so. Furthermore, they're not masking up anymore and contributing to the spread. We're over 70% vaccinated in my state, yet cases are increasing rapidly. I see maybe 1 in 10 people wearing a mask now.

If we know the Delta Virus can spread from the vaccinated to the unvaccinated (or to the vaccinated) and we know that some people can't get vaccinated, then why aren't more vaccinated people masking up? I mean, as long as we're talking about personal responsibility.

... why aren't more vaccinated people masking up? I mean, as long as we're talking about personal responsibility.

I went to the grocery store today; I've been fully vaccinated since March, but I still wore a mask. Good question, though.

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

I went to the grocery store today; I've been fully vaccinated since March, but I still wore a mask. Good question, though.

To be clear, I'm not wearing a mask out of fear or anything, I just think its a really good idea right now, my wife is too, and she had the Pfizer in March.

I took the plunge after speaking with one of our infectious disease doctors at work. I did it to protect my 5 year old and it only felt like someone punched me and felt like a bruise for a 4 days. I never believed in it, i was scared all this time but glad I got it. I have peace of mind from not dying or being seriously hospitalized. *crossing my fingers*

And then my coworker sends me this yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSVsKdBjeYc/?utm_medium=copy_link

i just noticed the bottom left label in red...im sure this will be erased really soon

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/doctors-controversial-covid-comments-go-viral-indiana-state-department-of-health-responds-dan-stock-indianapolis-mt-vernon-indiana/531-b769177f-6732-460b-b6a6-e37f70090ac0

Edited by tocinoman25

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I never believed in it, i was scared all this time but glad I got it. I have peace of mind from not dying or being seriously hospitalized.

You did the right thing for yourself, your family, and people you don't even know by being vaccinated. Thanks.

And then my coworker sends me this yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSVsKdBjeYc/?utm_medium=copy_link

There always seem to be isolated "experts" lurking on the fringes of any issue. Remember the doctor in Ohio who (falsely) claimed that there are "magnets" in the vaccines, which cause metallic objects to stick to your body. Perhaps just as strange, even non-magnetic metals (e.g. silver and aluminum) were among the materials she claimed were attracted by the magnet-tainted vaccines. (Are these bizarre claims manifestations of mental illness? Perhaps.)

Edit: See https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/scicheck-indiana-doctor-piles-on-bogus-covid-19-claims-in-viral-video/

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png

You did the right thing for yourself, your family, and people you don't even know by being vaccinated. Thanks.

There always seem to be isolated "experts" lurking on the fringes of any issue. Remember the doctor in Ohio who (falsely) claimed that there are "magnets" in the vaccines, which cause metallic objects to stick to your body. Perhaps just as strange, even non-magnetic metals (e.g. silver and aluminum) were among the materials she claimed were attracted by the magnet-tainted vaccines. (Are these bizarre claims manifestations of mental illness? Perhaps.)

The dude is probably right about one point he made, that we're all going to need booster shots, perhaps even yearly, Fauci just said this as well.

The dude is probably right about one point he made, that we're all going to need booster shots, perhaps even yearly, Fauci just said this as well.

Flu shots? My wife and I finally started taking them. Didn't get sick this year.

We've had to get shots to visit other countries. Getting shots to visit other parts of our country seems weird but sitting in the house lamenting our "lost" freedom seems less productive.

I worked with a woman who claimed she wasn't sick every day she came to work. I mean she had classic fly symptoms but I'm sure she believed what she was telling us. She was a manager and liked to have face to face meetings. She never clued in to how everyone else stayed home when she passed along the latest "bug". At one point, 60% of the office was at home.

If you can't/won't take the vaccine, expecting adjustments from everyone else seems short-sighted.

booster shots for covid has been a reality since work started on the vaccine. It was never going to be one & done.

Flu shots? My wife and I finally started taking them. Didn't get sick this year.
We get them regularly as well - funny thing was though my stats are better now, at first I was batting 1000 for getting the flu every year I got the shot, and not getting it when I didn't (yes, I understand the flu shot is a guess at likely strains - some years they are really good at that, others not so much - I still get the shot)

It's hard when you aren't a virologist (most of us here, I would guess) and have to make sense of the various "experts" offering opinions - it's easy to sound confident and be convincing. It's also easy to be "swayed" to present things a certain way when you are someone like the CDC as an example. It's hard to figure out who is right (or maybe "less wrong" would be more fitting?)

To me, the vaccine is all about keeping folks out of the hospitals and protecting the vulnerable. Stopping infection isn't really the goal to me - saving lives is. So if someone has the same chance of getting infected with or without the vaccine, and the difference is in the probability of having a good outcome, the choice to get the vaccine still makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't think it's reasonable/right to force folks to vaccinate, but I do think it's ok to require they take further precautions (masking, frequent testing if they are going to be near others, etc.).

We've had to get shots to visit other countries. Getting shots to visit other parts of our country seems weird but sitting in the house lamenting our "lost" freedom seems less productive.

I worked with a woman who claimed she wasn't sick every day she came to work. I mean she had classic fly symptoms but I'm sure she believed what she was telling us. She was a manager and liked to have face to face meetings. She never clued in to how everyone else stayed home when she passed along the latest "bug". At one point, 60% of the office was at home.

If you can't/won't take the vaccine, expecting adjustments from everyone else seems short-sighted.

booster shots for covid has been a reality since work started on the vaccine. It was never going to be one & done.

That's really not how it was presented in the beginning, it was very much presented as a one and done.

What you really had in the beginning were the skeptics pointing to the Spanish Flu Vaccine saying this won't work, it will keep mutating, we will need yearly booster shots to manage it. Turns out the skeptics were right.

You cannot vaccinate this out of the population, they couldn't with common cold virus or with Spanish flu. In essence, that's what the dude in the video was blathering on a mile per second about. I might disagree with the other half of his points, but not that one. He's dead on correct there.

Now, as far as flu vaccines go, I don't get them. I also haven't had the Flu, not since as a kid anyway. The last time I was truly that sick was with SARS in 2003 which I still very likely have T cells from. I do catch the occasional cold though.

As for masking up, everyone should be, at least indoors. Vaccinated people are also spreading Delta, there's really no difference now between them and the unvaccinated anymore, except the unvaccinated might die or be hospitalized. So we really need to get past this 'those dirty unvaccinated people!' stuff. It's honestly divisive, lacks logic and just not helpful at all, especially when all of us are potential asymptomatic spreaders.

I’m vaccinated, if needs be I will get boosters.

I am not going to mask up again to save those who choose not to be vaccinated. Sorry fuckers, but adult decisions have adult consequences and if you don’t want to get vaccinated that’s your call but I don’t care if you get COVID-19 at that point. You made your decision and I made mine, and I’m not modifying my behavior to justify your decision.

If that means the un-vaccinated continue to die at a far higher (although still very low rate) then so be it. Dummies can weed themselves out of the gene pool.

i’m vaccinated, if needs be i will get boosters.

I am not going to mask up again to save those who choose not to be vaccinated. Sorry fuckers, but adult decisions have adult consequences and if you don’t want to get vaccinated that’s your call but i don’t care if you get covid-19 at that point. You made your decision and i made mine, and i’m not modifying my behavior to justify your decision.

If that means the un-vaccinated continue to die at a far higher (although still very low rate) then so be it. Dummies can weed themselves out of the gene pool.

check back in 2-5 years.... If you're alive

check back in 2-5 years.... If you're alive

Nothing is forever. Legacygt.com died for a couple of days, and on the third day like Jesus Christ it came back to life!

The fight for not getting vaccinated has been a long one, since the dawn of vaccines. If you don’t want to get it, that’s on you, but if you get really sick because of Covid please don’t go to a hospital and take up precious resources. Die at home like God wants you too.

---

As for masking up, everyone should be, at least indoors. Vaccinated people are also spreading Delta, there's really no difference now between them and the unvaccinated anymore, except the unvaccinated might die or be hospitalized. So we really need to get past this 'those dirty unvaccinated people!' stuff. It's honestly divisive, lacks logic and just not helpful at all, especially when all of us are potential asymptomatic spreaders.

A week ago I was listening to a New Yorker podcast on COVID. One minute the guest was saying that COVID was a pandemic of the un-vaccinated, the next he was saying that he still wears masks and chooses to eat outdoors.

Earlier last month, news of the Massachusetts cases included information about how many were breakthrough cases (74%... Massachusetts is about 60% vaccinated). Now outlets are emphasizing how few of those breakthrough cases result in death - no more percentages of vaccinated vs. un-vaccinated. That number is .004%, which is about the same as someone ages 18-49 who has no co-morbidities and has sufficient levels of vitamin D.

I was at a Louis CK show last Saturday. It looked like less than 1% of the audience was wearing masks.

Most talk about COVID is about taking sides and which orthodoxies to adopt, not problem solving.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

The number of cases are up, the deaths aren't.

But if that's because we are better on treating, the virus is less lethal or all sensitive individuals have died off is an open question.

What sucks is that a lot of people are still getting the same symptoms including loss of smell and test. And some are even getting the prolonged effects. I can tell you from personal experience that losing the sense of taste and smell really sucks!

---