LegacyGT.com

I guess it may be goodbye.

A little more info? That may look much worse than it is. I hope we stayed away from those down wires - that could turn bad in a hurry.

Good Vibes! Appreciate it man... could have been soo much worse. I think it might be ok ?

We had a tornado go right over the firehouse last night. My biggest concern is that I had to go do my job.

So my car sat that way til this AM!?!? I’ve got the same Gteaser koni set up... having them loaded like that for 8-1/2 hours?!?!

Once I crawled all the way under this morning to make sure it wasn’t slammed to the ground!! I drove out from under it.

Washing it now. Pics to come.

Thanks for the good vibes LGT forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh. What ended being damaged when the tree fell on it?

Pics are above. The problem is is was in a tornado so it has damage everywhere. But the body shop guy even said they don’t know what this is?!? So upset. Don’t know what to do. Car has 40k miles on it. All the upgrades I’ve made... so mad

Total it out and buy it back. Else, I had some success in the past negotiating the value of the car based on upgrades with my insurance company, though it wasn't enough to save it in the end so I just pulled my parts and let it go.

Might also be worth it to see if there's another body shop your insurance company approves to take it to.

The main argument to make is that they should not value yours based on the value of the 2.5i and 3.6R Legacies, in the same way that an STI is not valued like a base impreza. Your car does have the STI engine and a special six speed transmission. Therefore, they cannot in good faith use ANY value information for 2.5i or 3.6R in determining the value of yours. Those are different cars, not just different trim levels, just like a '10 STI vs a '10 impreza auto.

My limited experience with insurance companies has been that just by sticking to your guns you tend to get a lot.

I am guess it has small dents/scratches all over the body panels.

You may want to look into your local state salvage laws and look into buying the car back. (ie deal with the damage or have it the damage partially repaired with detailing and PDR) Some states will allow a vehicle to be brought out of salvage status with relatively minor cosmetic damage such as hail.

Feel free to PM me if it is decided to be a "total loss" by your insurance. I may or may not be a claims adjuster (not sure if I'm allowed to say?), let's just say I'm probably an expert on the topic and leave it at that lol, and can give you some tips to help maximize that payout. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that and you'll get it fixed!!!

Unless you're planning to sell it in the future, I'd make sure it gets valued appropriately, totaled, and buy it back and get the branded title. I know I'm new but I'm a former claims adjuster and if you say every body panel has damage and it looks to be 3 stage paint so I'm just gonna guess they are estimating at 10k ish for damage estimate and then potentially using salvage value for a constructed total if that's not enough.

When you're called out to a major storm like that, it's honestly a lot quicker to total the vehicles when you can since you might already be working 12 hr days. Talk to the adjuster, maybe they can save it.

As far as valuation, any company worth anything pulls valuation based on the vin using comparable vehicles recently sold in the area or region depending on how many comparables. So I'd be surprised if they were trying to value it against a 2.5i and not a gt.

Total it out and buy it back. Else, I had some success in the past negotiating the value of the car based on upgrades with my insurance company, though it wasn't enough to save it in the end so I just pulled my parts and let it go.

Might also be worth it to see if there's another body shop your insurance company approves to take it to.

Part of the problem is that I bought the car in 2013, it then mostly sat in my garage for three years bc I had a wrx. So I bought $5K worth of upgrades but over several years. Didn’t become daily driver til 2016. Only found 1 for sale in the USA with less miles

Thanks for all the advice. I had to stop today. I was starting to get really worked up, and I’m on duty today!?! That’s the biggest **** you of all... here I am helping tornado victims all night and into the next day... and Grange if busy pounding me in the @ss.

And yes my neighbor owns his own insurance business and said the same. That in times like this the big push is to close claims/cases.