LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

@Infosecdad So sorry to see that happen to your wagons, total bummer... Especially the RBP one looking so much like mine. Duh.

Congrats on your daughter's wedding though, mine is going to be 13 this spring and I can't imagine let her out on a date much less getting married. Kids grow fast.

• Like 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On 12/21/2023 at 10:31 PM, SilentJ20 said:

The previous Enkeis were 18x8.5 et45, and they stuck out about a half inch past my fenders in front. These Sparcos are 18x8 et48, and they're pretty much flush.

For tires a didn't want a whole bunch of meat on them, I'll probably just stick with the factory tire size of 215/45R18.  Should fit fine with minimal bulge/slight stretch.  Just looking for a deal on decent all-seasons.

A 215-45-18 is a 25.6 inch diameter tire with an 8.3 inch section width. That tire will gear up the final drive decreasing acceleration and over all performance as the stock tire diameter is 24.7 inch. I would recommend a 225-40-18 as that tire diameter is 25.1 inch with a section width of 9 inch as that is closer to the stock diameter thus keeping the final drive closer to stock. Just my $0.02

On 12/23/2023 at 9:03 AM, Infosecdad said:

Yesterday was both celebration and mourning...

My oldest daughter was married and it was amazing, it's both hard and wonderful as a Dad.

The mourning was the likely loss of two Subaru wagons. At 3 am last night someone rear-ended the '06 LGT and totaled it, but also pushed it into the back of my '99 Outback and probably totaled it as well. 😞  

It was hit by a newer Silverado and the officer said it was probably totaled as well, he made it to the stop sign before the steering locked up on him and he couldn't get any further.

I'm going to try to keep the blue LGT and part it, but we are now on the hunt for another 4th gen LGT wagon...

IMG_20231223_081208270_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231223_081215913_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231223_081222094_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231223_081230462_HDR_AE.jpg

Didn't you get the blue wagon from utc_pyro with lots of custom stuff installed in it? That's too bad man. I know it's not the white wagon, but it has to hurt still.. At least, no one in your family got hurt.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 8:03 AM, Infosecdad said:

My oldest daughter was married and it was amazing, it's both hard and wonderful as a Dad.

The mourning was the likely loss of two Subaru wagons. At 3 am last night someone rear-ended the '06 LGT and totaled it, but also pushed it into the back of my '99 Outback and probably totaled it as well. 😞  

It was hit by a newer Silverado and the officer said it was probably totaled as well, he made it to the stop sign before the steering locked up on him and he couldn't get any further.

I'm going to try to keep the blue LGT and part it, but we are now on the hunt for another 4th gen LGT wagon...

IMG_20231223_081208270_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231223_081215913_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20231223_081230462_HDR_AE.jpg

So sorry to hear that man!! 😔

• Like 1

A better question would be what DIDN'T I do to my 4th gen today (or over the last year-ish).

My wagon has been parked since 2020 and hasn't been driven regularly since 2017. I recently made the decision to move to Portland, which was going to require me to downsize. So, one car had to go.

I decided to start getting it road worthy again and see how I felt once it wasn't sad and covered in dust in the garage (and a home for a rats nest as I later found out).

Well, that day came, and after one drive it became pretty clear which vehicle would have to go. I left for the alignment shop and ended up coming back home around 4 hours/250 miles later.

I'll update later on what all I've done and what is left to do. I've easily spent 100s of hours (and thousands of dollars) in the past few months getting this pig back on the road. The Impreza is off to its new home on Saturday and I'm moving in 5 weeks and there is still so much to do. January 2nd marks 9 years of ownership and I'd like to have it mostly daily-able by then.

More to come!

20231226_161119.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, alex0856 said:

A better question would be what DIDN'T I do to my 4th gen today (or over the last year-ish).

My wagon has been parked since 2020 and hasn't been driven regularly since 2017. I recently made the decision to move to Portland, which was going to require me to downsize. So, one car had to go.

I decided to start getting it road worthy again and see how I felt once it wasn't sad and covered in dust in the garage (and a home for a rats nest as I later found out).

Well, that day came, and after one drive it became pretty clear which vehicle would have to go. I left for the alignment shop and ended up coming back home around 4 hours/250 miles later.

I'll update later on what all I've done and what is left to do. I've easily spent 100s of hours (and thousands of dollars) in the past few months getting this pig back on the road. The Impreza is off to its new home on Saturday and I'm moving in 5 weeks and there is still so much to do. January 2nd marks 9 years of ownership and I'd like to have it mostly daily-able by then.

More to come!

Welcome to Portland! Lived here my whole life and very little out there compares. Hopefully I'll see your wagon around.

1 hour ago, Pleides said:

Welcome to Portland! Lived here my whole life and very little out there compares. Hopefully I'll see your wagon around.

Thanks. I'll be in SW/Cedar Mill area. I'm pretty sure I've seen your wagon around. I'm born and raised in Battle Ground and have lived in Vancouver since 2012. But I've been working in Portland for 10 years now and the commute no longer makes sense. I'm fortunate to have a company paid work truck but the traffic is slowly eating away at my sanity.

1 hour ago, alex0856 said:

Thanks. I'll be in SW/Cedar Mill area. I'm pretty sure I've seen your wagon around. I'm born and raised in Battle Ground and have lived in Vancouver since 2012. But I've been working in Portland for 10 years now and the commute no longer makes sense. I'm fortunate to have a company paid work truck but the traffic is slowly eating away at my sanity.

Oh gotcha, yeah I grew up around Multnomah Village and lived in the area after moving out just off of Dosch. Good to know! I'm in Beaverton now, so a bit further west of you, but not far! 

That commute is definitely a nightmare in today's world, so I don't blame ya there.

Replaced the trans pitch stop mount.  Bushings were starting to crack.  Just went with a stock type as a friend just gave me one of his spares.

Also straightened out fins on the intercooler while in there.

On 12/24/2023 at 3:56 PM, 310Z said:

A 215-45-18 is a 25.6 inch diameter tire with an 8.3 inch section width. That tire will gear up the final drive decreasing acceleration and over all performance as the stock tire diameter is 24.7 inch. I would recommend a 225-40-18 as that tire diameter is 25.1 inch with a section width of 9 inch as that is closer to the stock diameter thus keeping the final drive closer to stock. Just my $0.02

The stock tire size for the spec.B is 215/45R18.  This leads to the spec.B actually having slightly higher ground clearance than the regular GT models with 17in wheels.  I found a good deal on some DWS 06 tires in my stock size, too.  I'll post an update after mounting.

I had a gut feeling that I had a boost leak. I remembered seeing oil on the turbo flange the last time I took the intercooler off about 4 years ago, so I replaced the gasket.

I have been dreading pulling a LV after years of sitting (it's taken a week just to get the exhaust to clear up) but I grew a pair and did it. The car is happy and I am happy.

20231228_182720.jpg

IMG_20231229_063022.png

Edited by alex0856
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 1:03 PM, Infosecdad said:

So arguing with insurance about the total loss value.

The only comps they can find are base NA engine sedans and they are significantly lower in value than the GT wagons.

I managed to find a few '05 and '07 GT wagons that have twice the list prices as the '06 sedans, but they are rejecting them as they aren't '06.  I can't find a single '06 GT wagon for sale from a dealer in the country.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Infosecdad said:

So arguing with insurance about the total loss value.

The only comps they can find are base NA engine sedans and they are significantly lower in value than the GT wagons.

I managed to find a few '05 and '07 GT wagons that have twice the list prices as the '06 sedans, but they are rejecting them as they aren't '06.  I can't find a single '06 GT wagon for sale from a dealer in the country.  Any ideas?

Listing price has to come from a dealer?

2 minutes ago, xt2005bonbon said:

Listing price has to come from a dealer?

I thought it did, but they have to meet the following criteria (that they sent me):
- Vehicles should be the same year, make, model and trim.
- Mileage must be within 100k miles of the loss vehicle.
- Vehicles should be located within a reasonable distance from the loss location.
- Comparable vehicles must be listed or sold within 90 days of the loss.
- Ads must have verifiable information, such as a link or contact information as well as VIN#.
- Comparable vehicles must be reflective of the used market. In other words vehicles that are listed much higher than the base value of the loss vehicle without any notable or significant differences will not be considered.

Per the insurance agent, they consider a 2006 2.5i Sedan closer in value than a 2005 or 2007 GT Wagon (which I completely disagree with).

So I need to find 2006 Legacys, GT and wagon are preferable because of the higher value.

Been a bit here.. Christmas was good, mostly about my son and my cars. He got a bunch of Lego sets and my Legacy got a boomba short throw, perin shift stop, and the solid bushing for the cable down below. This 6mt swap has been trouble free up until this first mod. Long as short, the shifter definitely makes things better and angles the shifter towards the driver which honestly threw me off as to where the gears were. I figured out the adjustment for the cable to get the results I needed. It's definitely shorter overall and the throws are definitely short too! I tried to take a picture of the after in comparison to before. It's fairly close camera angle wise. Also, car is at 278k!

20220118_144718.jpg

20231229_142508.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

So arguing with insurance about the total loss value….

Can’t help with comps, but if you need receipts for the aftermarket parts let me know. I should have them for everything but maybe labor to install things I couldn’t myself, but I probably have half of those as well. At least with Geico they let me apply those towards stuff that was damaged/stolen.

Maybe some other form members with ‘06 Legacy GT Limited wagons could post theirs here around $13k (sounds reasonable for a 5mt) and a requirement to sell to be a long standing member and also own an existing 4th gen wagon?

Edited by utc_pyro
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I thought it did, but they have to meet the following criteria (that they sent me):
- Vehicles should be the same year, make, model and trim.
- Mileage must be within 100k miles of the loss vehicle.
- Vehicles should be located within a reasonable distance from the loss location.
- Comparable vehicles must be listed or sold within 90 days of the loss.
- Ads must have verifiable information, such as a link or contact information as well as VIN#.
- Comparable vehicles must be reflective of the used market. In other words vehicles that are listed much higher than the base value of the loss vehicle without any notable or significant differences will not be considered.

Per the insurance agent, they consider a 2006 2.5i Sedan closer in value than a 2005 or 2007 GT Wagon (which I completely disagree with).

So I need to find 2006 Legacys, GT and wagon are preferable because of the higher value.

It's going to be very difficult finding a dealer selling any 06 car retail and not wholesale. That's a rough one.

Or maybe a bunch of forum members with a variety of years and models of GTs should figure out where this adjuster lives and park a fleet of Subarus on the guy’s street until he gets the message. 🤔

Edited by KZJonny
  • Haha 3