LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

8 hours ago, TMBLKDG said:

Also went up against my first BMW tonight but not sure if I'd be breaking any site rules talking about that. 

Unless by 'went up against' you mean had a bass-drop battle with your stereos....

Yeah, it's kind of against site rules to speak of anything regarding on-road shenanigans vs. other cars. 😬

Track adventures and what you did on a twisty road all by your lonesome seem just fine tho.

16 hours ago, TMBLKDG said:

I sure would love to have time to attend an event like this. Been a long time since I've been on a track and it would've been a hoot to have two wagons there.  Love the stance of yours. What springs/ struts, or coilovers?

Thanks, I've been enjoying the way she sits, couldn't imagine being any lower. I'm running STI wagon pink springs with Koni yellow dampers. It would've been great having another wagon out there! She definitely got a good amount of love from all the Porsche guys there!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TMBLKDG said:

I sure would love to have time to attend an event like this. Been a long time since I've been on a track and it would've been a hoot to have two wagons there.  Love the stance of yours. What springs/ struts, or coilovers?

It's too bad you've missed so many drives with us.

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

19 hours ago, Captain Redbeard said:

Thanks, I've been enjoying the way she sits, couldn't imagine being any lower. I'm running STI wagon pink springs with Koni yellow dampers. It would've been great having another wagon out there! She definitely got a good amount of love from all the Porsche guys there!

Yeah, your height and wheel flushness is spot on.  What wheel width & backspace are you running?  That's a perfect fit from my perspective.

I've had people ask me if my stock spec.B is lowered.  I guess it sits low enough for now.  That comment is making it easier for me to focus on putting money on things other than lowering, though.

Edited by SilentJ20
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2023 at 6:44 AM, KZJonny said:

Unless by 'went up against' you mean had a bass-drop battle with your stereos....

😆

My stereo is stock, so not much competition there...lol 

I figured as much so I'll just say that I may have inspired someone to pursue further mods. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2023 at 3:29 PM, Febreze Mee said:

It's too bad you've missed so many drives with us.

The sad fact is I work too much and have too many other family obligations.  Hell, I haven't even found time to install the new stereo and I bought all the components and JDM parts over three years ago.  I need to retire but then I wouldn't have the money for anything fun.  Kind of a catch-22

9 hours ago, TMBLKDG said:

Damn I forgot to take a Pic.  Mine hit the 200k mark on Monday. 

So many of these cars have been lost to time - crashes, rust, mechanical totaling, etc. I gotta wonder how many 200K cars are still out and about within our already small pool of cars!

13 hours ago, TMBLKDG said:

The sad fact is I work too much and have too many other family obligations.  Hell, I haven't even found time to install the new stereo and I bought all the components and JDM parts over three years ago.  I need to retire but then I wouldn't have the money for anything fun.  Kind of a catch-22

Calendar: "Am I a joke to you? 😢"

• Like 1

MILKRUN  - Click Here

On 10/24/2023 at 9:17 AM, SilentJ20 said:

Yeah, your height and wheel flushness is spot on.  What wheel width & backspace are you running?  That's a perfect fit from my perspective.

I've had people ask me if my stock spec.B is lowered.  I guess it sits low enough for now.  That comment is making it easier for me to focus on putting money on things other than lowering, though.

Enkei RPF1's 17x8 et45 w/ 225/45 R17 Conti DWS06 plus tires. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pleides said:

So many of these cars have been lost to time - crashes, rust, mechanical totaling, etc. I gotta wonder how many 200K cars are still out and about within our already small pool of cars!

My car is so old she farts dust 

20231026_080911_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Pleides said:

I don’t think I’ve officially disclosed that mine is a part of the 200k club yet. I’ll post a pic today.

• Like 1

Powder coater sent me an update on the Bremboi's. Should be picking them up next week. Decided to go with Candy Blue and bright silver logo's. I really like how the logo is actually powder coated on and not just a sticker or other.

Still waiting on a few parts to arrive before install but I'm itching to get this project done - honestly went way overkill but screw it. Going with Endless MX72 Plus pads F&R, Endless SS lines, Paragon 2-piece front rotors, Girodisc 2-piece rear rotors (couldn't find a manufacturer that makes a full 2-piece set) along with the STI BMC & booster. Hopefully should have everything delivered mid-November, so it can be installed right before it gets put away for the winter 🫠.

Oh and the tuning is 99% done. Just working on improving cold starts due to an exorcism of things that thou shall not be mentioned. Wagon rips though, still need to do a log to see how quick I can get to full boost.

front.jpeg

rear.jpeg

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

Powder coater sent me an update on the Bremboi's. Should be picking them up next week. Decided to go with Candy Blue and bright silver logo's. I really like how the logo is actually powder coated on and not just a sticker or other.

Still waiting on a few parts to arrive before install but I'm itching to get this project done - honestly went way overkill but screw it. Going with Endless MX72 Plus pads F&R, Endless SS lines, Paragon 2-piece front rotors, Girodisc 2-piece rear rotors (couldn't find a manufacturer that makes a full 2-piece set) along with the STI BMC & booster. Hopefully should have everything delivered mid-November, so it can be installed right before it gets put away for the winter 🫠.

Oh and the tuning is 99% done. Just working on improving cold starts due to an exorcism of things that thou shall not be mentioned. Wagon rips though, still need to do a log to see how quick I can get to full boost.

front.jpeg

rear.jpeg

Are the Girodisc rear rotors like the DBA adapter rotors, and compatible with the Legacy parking brake?

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/dba-4000-series-sti-adapter-rotor

I changed over to STi rear parking brake shoes when I did my Brembo conversion. Not the most fun job, but provided me an opportunity to update/replace a lot of the rusty brake components back there. RockAuto has cheap rear parking brake hardware kits.

35 minutes ago, DoctorDaveLGT said:

front.jpeg

rear.jpeg

Nice choice of color.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRX USA said:

Are the Girodisc rear rotors like the DBA adapter rotors, and compatible with the Legacy parking brake?

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/dba-4000-series-sti-adapter-rotor

No, they're the standard rotor size for the 04-07 STI's. I've got tbSTI rear backing plates going on at install and they have identical parking brake dimensions to the STI's so you can have your pick of the litter for rear rotor choice, which is nice. The only thing Girodisc mentions is that the brake pads may need to be shaved. The ones they sell have it done already but I didn't want to have different brake pads f&r which pushed me towards Endless. That, and everything I read online were people raving about the Endless pads.

@BoozeRS05 tagging you so you don't miss this.

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT
  • Like 2

All I know is I am NOT raving about my stoptech pads with stoptech rotors. Lots of pulsation problems during hard braking. I hate it. Apparently, there's no fix :mad:. I know my caliper pistons and sliding pins are all fine. Pads are evenly worn too.

Edited by xt2005bonbon