LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I swapped out my rear FA coilovers for a lightly used Koni/H&R setup I purchased couple months back. I’ve been missing a stiffer suspension and I’m much happier already. I’ll do the front assemblies once I have an alignment appt booked.

• Like 4

Working on installing a Euro console thanks to @DoctorDaveLGT

Love the more modern look of the center console, the components are better, the angles are better, the round shift boot is better :lol:

Vinyl wrapped the trim in a gunmetal color, adapted the 5mt shift boot to my 6mt.

I made a couple of custom brackets to secure the center console and I need one more thing to be able to install the matching glovebox.

Here is my current cockpit view, still finding little things to upgrade and put a smile on my face.

I'm like a little kid, I keep going into the garage to sit in it and fiddle...

IMG_20230916_170538402_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Infosecdad said:

Love the more modern look of the center console, the components are better, the angles are better, the round shift boot is better :lol:

Vinyl wrapped the trim in a gunmetal color, adapted the 5mt shift boot to my 6mt.

I made a couple of custom brackets to secure the center console and I need one more thing to be able to install the matching glovebox.

Here is my current cockpit view, still finding little things to upgrade and put a smile on my face.

Any pics of the custom brackets? The fit of EDM center console with the JDM double DIN is the most annoying thing in my car that I’d love to address.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BoozeRS05 said:

I swapped out my rear FA coilovers for a lightly used Koni/H&R setup I purchased couple months back. I’ve been missing a stiffer suspension and I’m much happier already. I’ll do the front assemblies once I have an alignment appt booked.

Don’t forget about those rocker panels again. 

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

5 hours ago, Code said:

My rear view mirror fell off the windshield.  Wtf. 

Had a friend with the same issue in his Outback. Just got really goddamn hot, I guess. 

In my car's news today: got two new washer pumps and a Fluidampr crank pulley. Man, that pulley is nice! Didn't completely stop all stutter from my car but it's substantially less noticeable. The car idles a bit quieter now, too. I noticed how much more timing the car gives me from 2500 RPM and up. It's very, very potent!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, WRX USA said:

Any pics of the custom brackets? The fit of EDM center console with the JDM double DIN is the most annoying thing in my car that I’d love to address.

The custom brackets are for the console between the seats, unfortunately, I'm fighting similar fitment issues that you are with the RHD JDM double DIN not cleanly fitting the LHD center dash.  I don't know if there was every a double DIN insert made for LHD that should fit better in theory.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Code said:

Don’t forget about those rocker panels again. 

Yeah, I know I should have gotten back to you by now. If you’re around this week I’ll make the drive up, bring my wagon if the weather is nice 

23 minutes ago, Infosecdad said:

I think I'm going try to model and 3D print a piece to adapt that wireless charger into that little tray space, but almost flat w/ a 90 degree cable.  Pulling my 18yo car kicking into the current century...

I’ve always thought the answer was 3D scanning the JDM Double DIN and then 3D printing a mirror image. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

Interior goalz. 

My noise isn't likely to turbo. Finally got downpipe off and the shaft feels tight as it did 60k miles ago. 

• Like 2

I bought an EDM radio (GX-204LE) from Allegro (Polish site) to go with my euro console. I had an EDM double din radio panel from some russian guy on ebay YEARS ago and the EDM radio from Poland came with the HVAC controls to swap over. (EDM radios have separate circuit boards for radio/hvac as opposed to the USDM which has them as one board)

User 08Spec_B had a write up on what you need.

Edited by Rusty9
  • Like 3

Been kind of quiet with my GT projects lately, but after trying to locate a (likely unnecessary) oil filter door for the engine splash guard, I just said 'screw it' and made it a project instead.

3d printed one out of PETG material, we'll see how it holds up.  Even thought it's not a huge part, still took 23 hours to print because the material really likes a slower print to come out better.  PETG has decent heat resistance, and it shouldn't get too terribly hot as it's on the bottom and has good airflow.  Not shown are the numerous simple test outlines I printed to get the shape right.

Is it needed?  No.  But I like having all the pieces in place as best I can.

PXL_20230921_004503852.thumb.jpg.b5cd213c86fce4d3ad3c5fcbf8e85949.jpg

PXL_20230921_004449828.thumb.jpg.f468a142060da615aacdf225837afb52.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Rusty9 said:

That's a great idea. I'll have to go to the junkyard and find a car that already has a flap/door and cut the legacy tray to match it 😃

I thought about junkyard crawling, but I figure I'd try this first.  I have no doubt the OEM part will hold up better, but this took less than an hour of fiddling/measuring/modeling, and most everything else happens automated.  I'd very likely spend more time than that going to/from the yard to pull the part--if I could even find one.

On 9/17/2023 at 1:37 PM, Infosecdad said:

I think I'm going try to model and 3D print a piece to adapt that wireless charger into that little tray space, but almost flat w/ a 90 degree cable.  Pulling my 18yo car kicking into the current century...

Hey, question, are you using a Tactrix with a Nexus 7?  I've got that setup but I find that I often have to unplug the cable from the tactrix and then re-connect it to get the tablet to recognize it again.  Looks like you're running Btssm or whatever it's called.

Do you have that issue? 

On 9/20/2023 at 2:15 PM, Rusty9 said:

I bought an EDM radio (GX-204LE) from Allegro (Polish site) to go with my euro console. I had an EDM double din radio panel from some russian guy on ebay YEARS ago and the EDM radio from Poland came with the HVAC controls to swap over. (EDM radios have separate circuit boards for radio/hvac as opposed to the USDM which has them as one board)

User 08Spec_B had a write up on what you need.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:38 AM, Infosecdad said:

The custom brackets are for the console between the seats, unfortunately, I'm fighting similar fitment issues that you are with the RHD JDM double DIN not cleanly fitting the LHD center dash.  I don't know if there was every a double DIN insert made for LHD that should fit better in theory.

I thought I did a decent enough write up on 2DIN EDM panel install, using same EDM radio:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

On my LGT project, finally the JDM front end swap is done. That included converting the headlights from RHD to LHD by swapping the JDM HID projectors to Bi-LED projectors made for LHD. Probably should do a write-up on that as well, was interesting project. Big thanks to Ralph @legacyoddNends http://www.instagram.com/legacy_oddsnends/ for the harnesses, they were a huge help, especially with making the headlight adjustment work.

Installed new 08 STI engine undertray that fits JDM bumper perfectly. My old engine undertray was too beat anyway.  Managed to fit all JDM SpecB bumper aero pieces to 05 USDM front fender liners - the fitment is not perfect but 90% good.

Also took time to really go over all exposed body parts when I pulled down all 4 fender liners, side skirts and front bumper to take care of surface rust and spray some marine rust protection over that.

And finally - installed the Cusco radiator guard I had bought from Arnold (the Arnold!) so many years ago. Bling!

Happy with the car, made the final headlight adjustment last night and it is awesome.

image.thumb.png.bf9546b899cb4fe5cfbd839604e91fd5.png

The 08 STI undertray part #:

image.png.abbd30a13bd27c37099165b7eaaca51e.png

Car, still need to mount the front plate:

image.thumb.png.4d0f45fb85472e27975303064b9ee37c.png

image.thumb.png.dfd3641dcff69c2e16dfc09b6474a059.png

image.thumb.png.6f762da74d32087fff092d734042f555.png

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, WRX USA said:

This Arnold? https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2048669/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

I’d be interested in a write up of the conversion to RHD beam pattern on the headlights. 

Yes. I knew he had something to do with the film industry but never looked him up. Amazing! I have to say he was always willing to go extra distance to help me out, several times he arranged some JDM parts to be shipped to me directly from Japan while he was there.

InfosecDad is rocking the JDM HID headlights I bought from Arnold but never installed.

Thank you for the link!

• Like 1