LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Had a P0301 today.. cylinder 1 misfire.

Had it towed home (thanks AMA driver for not charging me $35 on top), so I swapped the coilpacks from 1 to 2 and the CEL went with it.

So now, are the standard OEM equivalent coilpacks from Rock Auto good enough, or do I go with cheap Chinese ones (no, just putting it out there) or go fancy ones like these?

https://www.npboosted.com/collections/ej25t/products/ignition-coil-packs-subaru-baja-forester-impreza-sti-legacy-outback-saab-9-2x

If you are getting coil packs, get diamond electric. They are OEM.

Thanks Infosecdad - it doesn't look like Rock Auto or PartsKing carries Diamond.. can you recommend any retailers that stock them?

Edit: Lowest price locally I could find for Diamond Electrics coilpack is $145CDN.. Stealership asking $180CDN for a single. That's crazy.

Edited by Claw

Swapped out Swift Springs for STi Pinks last night. I've done this too often, I can do the full swap in <2hrs... :argh:

Just wasn't a fan of the pairing of Swift and Koni, some people love it, I didn't.

Hoping that STi Pinks are more to my liking. Pictures once she settles in.

I've used STI Pinks + Bilstein HDs since 2009 or so... Like them a lot. The ride may feel somewhat rough sometimes on broken pavement but overall the car is very composed and control over the car is satisfying. There is no harshness typical to springs that are too stiff.

To give fuller picture of my setup:

Front:

- GT Spec kit for lowered vehicles - ball joints + tie rods;

- Perrin adjustable FSB on softer setting;

- Kartboy solid endlinks;

- STI front chassis underbrace;

Rear:

- JDM OEM RSB;

- Kartboy solid endlinks;

- "saggy butt" spacers (don't recall atm 3/8 or 1/2).

I like them enough to not consider going coil overs even for autox.

PS: Final drop was 1/2 after springs settled and that didn't change over the years. If I do actually go SuperGramps route I will have to buy new front STI Pink springs rated for H6 SpecB.

Edited by SubOperator
Added some info and daf is with double spacing again?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I finally got around to swapping the up pipe for a catless one I bought like a year ago. Some HKS or Perrin, one of the solid ones. No pics because I was too busy fighting everything on the car to get it done. Probably should have just fully taken out the downpipe to do it, but I figured losening it would be fine. It did not want to go back into place and trying to wrestle it up after crawling in and out from under the car for 4 hours was not fun. Eventually everything came back together and it started up with no CELs (did the resistor mod). Still have some buttoning up to do, as I got too eager and pluged the header O2 sensor back in before putting the heat shield on. Hopefully work doesn't need me to come in this week and I can just leave the car on stands for now.

Also confirmed that the front driver's wheel bearing is on it's way out, so I've got an SKF one of those coming soon. We'll see when I get to do that, the weather is turning hot again with another set of 100+ deg days next weekend.

Had a P0301 today.. cylinder 1 misfire.

Had it towed home (thanks AMA driver for not charging me $35 on top), so I swapped the coilpacks from 1 to 2 and the CEL went with it.

So now, are the standard OEM equivalent coilpacks from Rock Auto good enough, or do I go with cheap Chinese ones (no, just putting it out there) or go fancy ones like these?

https://www.npboosted.com/collections/ej25t/products/ignition-coil-packs-subaru-baja-forester-impreza-sti-legacy-outback-saab-9-2x

Rockauto has them and I cannot remember what they are called. I put 4 in my WRX and I swear to you they were OEM pack with out the Subaru stamp.

Who is the go-to for oem parts online these days?

I feel like it depends on the part but I have had good success with this place

subarupartsdeal.com

i also have had good luck recently with a local dealership for local pick up, metrowest subaru. Not the cheapest pricing but saving $12 on shipping makes it 6 of 1, half dozen of the other plus it is usually over night ready.

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Rockauto has them and I cannot remember what they are called. I put 4 in my WRX and I swear to you they were OEM pack with out the Subaru stamp.

If you ever figure/find out, please post it here. I'm going to look for some used ones in decent shape for now..

done with school tomorrow. used my dealership discount to purchase an oil cooler. no more excuses...going to put together an engine and drop it in fjuan's car. the original plan from when/why i bought it. i expect mass drama and lots of carnage.

I'll be selling parts to finance it, so be kind. :)

Been filling up the power steering fluid reservoir more and more often lately - rack has had a small leak at one of the bellows for a few years now. 2015 STI rack in my near future. I think the new pump exacerbated the issue once it was installed and returned the system to full pressure

Who is the go-to for oem parts online these days?

That might be "Benny" . See post #189

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oem-online-subaru-parts-vendors-list-42243p5.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Been filling up the power steering fluid reservoir more and more often lately - rack has had a small leak at one of the bellows for a few years now. 2015 STI rack in my near future. I think the new pump exacerbated the issue once it was installed and returned the system to full pressure

Meanwhile I'm ashamed to take mine to the dealership. Creaky suspension, leaking steering rack, dirty interior, poor paint...

Might I point both of you to the second link in my signature....shameless plug

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Cleaned up one of the chassis bolt holes the rear trailing arm attaches to. Only took three taps to find out. It's 14mm x 1.5mm, contrary to what other forums might tell you. The mosquitoes are eating me alive out there.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

done with school tomorrow. used my dealership discount to purchase an oil cooler. no more excuses...going to put together an engine and drop it in fjuan's car. the original plan from when/why i bought it. i expect mass drama and lots of carnage.

I'll be selling parts to finance it, so be kind. :)

Yes, sell parts [emoji1317]

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Found a black aluminum N/A hood at the pick and pull down the street. There are no dents, only a few scratches. Should work well until I get it painted.

A steal at $54!

Edit: I did have to carry it almost half a mile smdh...

Good find! I'm getting mine on Thursday (round two because I'm dumb) and @Febreze Mee is getting a sweet XT hood.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk